Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, this show is doing well in Japan, while TF: Prime FLOPPED HARD! ;)


Not hard to imagine, that. Maybe it's because, well, it's US animation adapted which goes against the grain there?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18301
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, this show is doing well in Japan, while TF: Prime FLOPPED HARD! ;)


Not hard to imagine, that. Maybe it's because, well, it's US animation adapted which goes against the grain there?
Yet, Animated was a smash hit in Japan. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34880
News Credits: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, this show is doing well in Japan, while TF: Prime FLOPPED HARD! ;)


Not hard to imagine, that. Maybe it's because, well, it's US animation adapted which goes against the grain there?
Yet, Animated was a smash hit in Japan. ;)


What are the odds... :-? But Animated already had some anime influences present, right?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18301
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, this show is doing well in Japan, while TF: Prime FLOPPED HARD! ;)


Not hard to imagine, that. Maybe it's because, well, it's US animation adapted which goes against the grain there?
Yet, Animated was a smash hit in Japan. ;)


What are the odds... :-? But Animated already had some anime influences present, right?
True, but Prime was also animated in Japan by Polygon Pictures.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34880
News Credits: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Also, guys, say hello... to Dragotron!

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34880
News Credits: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Also, guys, say hello... to Dragotron!

Image


Not related to Predaking. :WHISTLE:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18301
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:FWIW, this show is doing well in Japan, while TF: Prime FLOPPED HARD! ;)


Not hard to imagine, that. Maybe it's because, well, it's US animation adapted which goes against the grain there?
Yet, Animated was a smash hit in Japan. ;)


What are the odds... :-? But Animated already had some anime influences present, right?
True, but Prime was also animated in Japan by Polygon Pictures.

Doesn't matter, it was still too Western and not silly enough for Japan's taste, the place it was animated in wouldn't have any impact.
Then again, it might have had to do with the terrible, terrible intro music they chose for the Japanese release.

Or maybe it's how they chose to butcher the show which likely doesn't really mesh well.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13898
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I just figure Animated did well while Prime did not was due to Animated already being so darn fun and hilarious while Prime was more of a stick-in-the-mud by comparison. ;)

Surprised Takara hasn't brought over the Rescue Bots cartoon yet (but I feel that might be due to a lack of collector-marketable toys for that show, unless they'd be willing to create all new ones on their own).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 34880
News Credits: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Go! Samurai Team Episodes 1, 2 and 3

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:I just figure Animated did well while Prime did not was due to Animated already being so darn fun and hilarious while Prime was more of a stick-in-the-mud by comparison. ;)


Dead Metal wrote:
Or maybe it's how they chose to butcher the show which likely doesn't really mesh well.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13898
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
Twincast / Podcast #273:
"Our Way to Oblivion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Wreck-Gar" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "BATTLETRAP - BATTLESLASH & ROADTRAP Transformers Generations Power of the Primes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Safeguard Loose Missing Key" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Retro Headmasters Weirdwolf Highbrow Mindwipe Lot Walmart NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "2021 Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Soundwave NEW MISB WFC *RELISTING*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toyworld Dinobots Grimlock Slag Sludge Snarl Swoop" on EBAY