This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime & Starscream Listings on TRU Canada

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime & Starscream Listings on TRU Canada

Postby El Duque » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:06 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Two new and previously unheard of Transformers Platinum Edition listings have surfaced on Toys"R"Us Canada.

The first listing is titled "TRANSFORMERS - Platinum Edition - Optimus Prime (Year of the Horse) Figure - English Edition", priced at $139.99, and scheduled to release in December. Based on the description it seems likely this will be a reissue of the Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime mold. However, the additional info mentions 2 AA batteries, which are not required for the MP-10 mold.

The second is titled as "TRA SUPREME STARSCREAM CNY PLATINUM" with a $119.99 price, but no description beyond the name. This is also scheduled for a December release.

The listings can be found at the following links, and the Optimus Prime product description can be found mirrored below.

TRANSFORMERS - Platinum Edition - Optimus Prime (Year of the Horse) Figure - English Edition

TRA SUPREME STARSCREAM CNY PLATINUM

For millions of years, noble Optimus Prime has led the Autobots in their war against the tyranny of Megatron and his evil Decepticons. His unwavering courage in the face of centuries of desperate battle is an inspiration to his comrades. He is an unstoppable warrior and a flawless leader; pushing ahead through the darkest times in the history of Cybertron. He remains unbowed, unbroken and always committed to victory.

The leader of the Autobots is back and more unstoppable than ever! Everyone will know that this mighty Year of the Horse Optimus Prime figure is the ultimate Autobot, because the Matrix of Leadership fits in his chest. He'll shred his Decepticon enemies with his Energon axe in robot mode, and flatten them in truck mode! Convert his trailer to a battle station with a maintenance dock, where you can store his ion cannon and Energon axe. Your Transformers adventures will be off the hook with this Optimus Prime figure!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime Listing on Toys"R"Us Canada

Postby Seibertron » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I swear they are missing some fun opportunities to release special editions of the Beast Wars animals that tie into this. They could release Machkick with a convoy head or do a special edition of Machkick or something for year of the horse.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime & Starscream Listings on TRU Canada

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I apologise in advance.

Am I interested in these? Neigh.
Badumtish etc.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime & Starscream Listings on TRU Canada

Postby quickmixed » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:23 am

Seibertron wrote:I swear they are missing some fun opportunities to release special editions of the Beast Wars animals that tie into this. They could release Machkick with a convoy head or do a special edition of Machkick or something for year of the horse.

My thoughts were along the same lines when they announced the year of the snake figures. Would have been sweet to get a re-release of Cohrada with a flash new paint job.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby El Duque » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 am

The Prime is almost certainly a version of MP-10 and the Screamer is probably the Cybertron Supreme version. I believe the Cybertron Supreme Screamer was on a list of rumored reissue from a while back.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I wish it were a crazy done up Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron OP, since they're apparently using the Supreme Starscream mold. I could have more off the hook adventures that way.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 am

El Duque wrote:The Prime is almost certainly a version of MP-10 and the Screamer is probably the Cybertron Supreme version. I believe the Cybertron Supreme Screamer was on a list of rumored reissue from a while back.

I'm really curious to see a horse deco on anything, to be honest.
There are so many ways in which people (neigh-sayers) can complain about it.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:33 am

Think of all the horse puns we're missing out on. The mare thought of it...
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 am

ScottyP wrote:Think of all the horse puns we're missing out on. The mare thought of it...

I'm already getting a little horse. Maybe we should stop, before it gets foal..
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:36 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
ScottyP wrote:I wish it were a crazy done up Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron OP, since they're apparently using the Supreme Starscream mold. I could have more off the hook adventures that way.

Wasn't Cybertron Prime one of the rumored reissues as well?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:45 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I wish it were a crazy done up Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron OP, since they're apparently using the Supreme Starscream mold. I could have more off the hook adventures that way.

Wasn't Cybertron Prime one of the rumored reissues as well?

I think so, but they may have just been horsing around.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Now, hold on a sec, guys. I'm not too sure that this might be the MP Optimus mold. Wasn't there a different Optimus mold on the list of Hasbro Asia exclusives?

*goes to check*

Ah, yep, and looks like someone else noticed first:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wasn't Cybertron Prime one of the rumored reissues as well?

This could indeed be the Cybertron OP mold, but the description does mention an axe, which this toy did not have. Well, maybe that could be a new accessory for it, like how Omega Supreme had a new head and claw, and how Ultra Magnus had the Forge and all new tooling. ;)

And Cybertron Wing Saber was also on that list, so he might not be too far behind.

Though, that still leaves rereleases of the G1 Star Saber, G1 Dai Atlas, Optimus Primal, "Special Air Jordan X Transformers Black Convoy", and "CNY RID Ultra Magnus" unaccounted for. :-?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

It also mentions a trailer and ion cannon, making the MP guess a more stable one. Though not furlong.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby El Duque » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 am

Sabrblade wrote:Now, hold on a sec, guys. I'm not too sure that this might be the MP Optimus mold. Wasn't there a different Optimus mold on the list of Hasbro Asia exclusives?

*goes to check*

Ah, yep, and looks like someone else noticed first:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wasn't Cybertron Prime one of the rumored reissues as well?

This could indeed be the Cybertron OP mold, but the description does mention an axe, which this toy did not have. Well, maybe that could be a new accessory for it, like how Omega Supreme had a new head and claw, and how Ultra Magnus had the Forge and all new tooling. ;)

And Cybertron Wing Saber was also on that list, so he might not be too far behind.

Though, that still leaves rereleases of the G1 Star Saber, G1 Dai Atlas, Optimus Primal, "Special Air Jordan X Transformers Black Convoy", and "CNY RID Ultra Magnus" unaccounted for. :-?

I did a little more checking and the addition info on the listing mentions 2 AA batteries, which would point to the Cybtertron Leader Prime, but the description is clearly MP-10. Time will tell.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Va'al wrote:It also mentions a trailer and ion cannon, making the MP guess a more stable one. Though not furlong.
Cybertron Prime had a trailer. And a gun that Hasbro could call an "ion cannon" if they wanted to. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:22 am

I wouldn't make much of the fact that they mention it needing batteries. I've seen other TRU listings for figures that don't use batteries but say they do in the TRU computers.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Va'al wrote:It also mentions a trailer and ion cannon, making the MP guess a more stable one. Though not furlong.
Cybertron Prime had a trailer. And a gun that Hasbro could call an "ion cannon" if they wanted to. ;)

Fair en-hoof. :D

But see El Duque's post above.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:34 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:

But Cybertron Prime's trailer can't convert into battle station with maintenance dock. Nore does he have a trailer, his "truck-mode" splits in half, one for the bot while the rest becomes wings for his powered up mode.

This'll be be interesting to see.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby sixshot20 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:42 am

I would love the Optimus to be the MP mold I was never able to get him when he was released. I just wonder what differences their will be, I assume the trailer will be painted a new color like year of the dragon Optimus.
sixshot20
Micromaster

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:07 pm

SPOILERS! First official pic of Year of the Horse Prime below.

:grin:

joke.jpg
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I think the first Platinum Optimus Prime was good enough. But two? C'mon. :BANG_HEAD: If it's any better than the first one, then I'll take back what I said.

Starscream? Possible Cybertron Supreme Starscream reissue? Oh, yes please.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby sixshot20 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:12 pm

gothsaurus wrote:SPOILERS! First official pic of Year of the Horse Prime below.

joke.jpg

Sweet they are using the MP mold :lol:
sixshot20
Micromaster

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
gothsaurus wrote:SPOILERS! First official pic of Year of the Horse Prime below.

joke.jpg

Want

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Black Bumblebee » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Listings are gone, but the prices were over $100. For that price, the molds "better" be the Masterpiece molds. Cybertron Starscream is an oversized brick... however, a MP Starscream (using the new MP seeker mold and all the lovely crown bits) might be worth the price.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Black Bumblebee wrote:...a MP Starscream (using the new MP seeker mold and all the lovely crown bits) might be worth the price.

Forget a reissue of Cybertron King Starscream, that's EVEN BETTER! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Oh, and for God's sake, please do a United States release. :PRAY:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220638 3T (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230545 8C (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr D 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2023 JUL231258 5D Williams"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #23 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210594 23RI (W/A) Sakai (CA) Young"
USAGI YOJIMBO #23 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Ninja Turtles FEB210477 (CA) Goux"
TMNT JENNIKA II #6 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SOURCEBOOK #1 IDW Comics 2024 2024 827714032666 1A Turtles (CA) Santalouco"
NEW!
TMNT SOURCEBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #29 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAY221572 29RI (W/A) Sakai (CA) Cullum"
USAGI YOJIMBO #29 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr ZB 1:10 FOC B&W Dynamite Comics 2023 DEC228478 3ZB (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr D 1:10 Boom Studios Comics JUN230412 111D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr N TMNT homage Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229172 9N"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUL231256 5B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED COINLESS #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics APR230357 1D"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAY230345 110D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230248 5F (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON