This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Ebonyleopard wrote:Worst Secret, EVER.

BUT, still glad it's confirmed, because seriously, I need a sports obsessed robo jock in my collection.

Funny how there's been zero fiction about him though from IDW. Is he related to Rewind? Do they even know one another?

This Rewind is actually not IDW Rewind: the comic promoting TFSS 2.0 shows him to be from a strange, maybe parasitic, universe that intersects and adopts elements from the IDW comic. This Eject may be from the same universe, who knows with FunPub fiction?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby xyl360 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 am

ScottyP wrote:I never got on the PE 3rd party train for Rumble and Frenzy, got the United tanks instead, so it'll be nice to have them all "match" even though I'm really not a big fan of that mold.

Yep, I've got the tanks too. I'm not too enthused about the mold either, but the Takara decos do make them look pretty decent. I did get one of the third party Rumble's a while back (the purple one that transforms into a G1 Soundwave compatible cassette) but it's not that great. The MP versions are far better in my opinion, but of course they sit on my MP shelf.

As for Eject and Rewind here, I'll most likely be skipping them. I didn't sign up for the TFCCSS (whoa, that's a lot of letters :P) this year because there were only 2 figures I really wanted (Thrustinator and Barricade) and I ordered them on BBTS.

Rewind looks OK, but not $80 OK and since this guy will probably go for similar prices, I think I'll just skip em' both. I'm not too hard up for Classics Autobot Cassettes anyway. I'm still hoping Blaster and his minions get the MP treatment someday.

It is really neat that the Club is importing these molds though, as this will be the first experience with it (and others like Jet Vehicon for Botcon) for a lot of people so for many, these are practically new/original molds.
Last edited by xyl360 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Flashwave » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:18 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

BUT, still glad it's confirmed, because seriously, I need a sports obsessed robo jock in my collection.

Funny how there's been zero fiction about him though from IDW. Is he related to Rewind? Do they even know one another?

This Rewind is actually not IDW Rewind: the comic promoting TFSS 2.0 shows him to be from a strange, maybe parasitic, universe that intersects and adopts elements from the IDW comic. This Eject may be from the same universe, who knows with FunPub fiction?

Well, the comic did say it was entangled with another, but I on't know if they meant the IDW verse or the Prime verse, which this also seems to mirror...

But anyway, let's call this repurposing and have it done, kinda like SG Tracks. Surely I'm not the only one who is waiting for Crosscut to have his bodyguard... right? right? uh oh...
xyl360 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I never got on the PE 3rd party train for Rumble and Frenzy, got the United tanks instead, so it'll be nice to have them all "match" even though I'm really not a big fan of that mold.

Yep, I've got the tanks too. I'm not too enthused about the mold either, but the Takara decos do make them look pretty decent. I did get one of the third party Rumble's a while back (the purple one that transforms into a G1 Soundwave compatible cassette) but it's not that great. The MP versions are far better in my opinion, but of course they sit on my MP shelf.

As for Eject and Rewind here, I'll most likely be skipping them. I didn't sign up for the TFCCSS (whoa, that's a lot of letters :P) this year because there were only 2 figures I really wanted (Thrustinator and Barricade) and I ordered them on BBTS.

Rewind looks OK, but not $80 OK and since this guy will probably go for similar prices, I think I'll just skip em' both. I'm not too hard up for Classics Autobot Cassettes anyway. I'm still hoping Blaster and his minions get the MP treatment someday.

It is really neat that the Club is importing these molds though, as this will be the first experience with it (and others like Jet Vehicon for Botcon) for a lot of people so for many, these are practically new/original molds.
What is it no one likes about the tank mold? My biggest gripe with it is the spring loaded poounders don't lock in on vehicle mode, but other than that I thought it was a wonderful homage, especially considering GDO Laserbeak is a drone as well. And then there's the MQ9 Reaper Soundwave, and the F117 Soundblaster he upgrades into. 'll admit, I'm not fond of this mold for Rewind but I have a hard time arguing with that head, and its a more play-worthy figure than the FOC versions.

Be nice if Eject would show up as a reporter working for Circuit, too.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:20 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
xyl360 wrote:It is really neat that the Club is importing these molds though, as this will be the first experience with it (and others like Jet Vehicon for Botcon) for a lot of people so for many, these are practically new/original molds.

They do this quite often and it's great, definitely something that they get right. Thrustinator is another very recent example of this.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby xyl360 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:27 am

Flashwave wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

What is it no one likes about the tank mold?

I can't speak for anyone else, but what bugs me most are the alt mode which looks pretty unconvincing as a tank and the limbs of the bot mode. They're just a bit too lanky for me and the forearms/hands don't look that great. They feel kinda like old Energon molds to me rather than United/Generations.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander

Postby Hero Alpha » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:02 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
ScottyP wrote:I'm actually pretty excited for Eject and Rewind. I never got on the PE 3rd party train for Rumble and Frenzy, got the United tanks instead, so it'll be nice to have them all "match" even though I'm really not a big fan of that mold.

Also, 3rd 2.0 Subscription Figure is hitting this week. I saw on Twitter yesterday a dude in TX got his already (then submitted the news to another site, boo!)

Finally #3 Thrustinator is on his way and we are closer to Chromedome and Treadshot. On the cassette stuff, I like Rewind as a mini-tank for just the reference in MTMTE where he jokes about being one. The only other cassettes I have are Rumble(blue) and Buzzsaw masterpiece who hang out with GO! BH Soundwave(I know some will not approve lol)
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby shajaki » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:17 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
well, im happy they didnt pull a "seekers" on us for these two. pricey yes, but worth while to me :D
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Is this like some sort of post we've seen already from LOST Cybertronian?
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby durroth » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Funpub should have bargained with hasbro for eject to come with the footballs they made for calvin johnson megatron. you have to figure if it was part of the mold from the start there are a crapload of plastic footballs lying around the hasbro factories from the normal megatrons, and if it was a separate mold cranking out enough for the TFSS shouldn't have been too hard considering it's just a football
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby morqubus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 pm

One of the worst kept secrets off all time.
morqubus
Mini-Con

Postby morqubus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 pm

One of the worst kept secrets off all time.
morqubus
Mini-Con

Postby Flashwave » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
morqubus wrote:One of the worst kept secrets off all time.

Not worst kept, just predicted. We know FunPub has a limited number of molds to use and a goal to get as much maximum profit out of them as they can (with a few obvious repaints they failed to pick up the ball on...) Dang right they;re gonna make the obvious repaint. The only question, would be was it Eject, Rosanne/Flip Sides (which wiukd be cool considering she shares the con mold...), or Solarbot?
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Is this like some sort of post we've seen already from LOST Cybertronian?

New image, but as was said before, we're following the wishes of FunPub and those who'd like to be surprised and issuing spoiler warnings. >:oP
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Optimizzy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I wish these molds had been released in the US WITHOUT being Subscription service.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Speed: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Optimizzy wrote:I wish these molds had been released in the US WITHOUT being Subscription service.
Purple Demolition Rumble was supposed to be released in the Reveal the Shield line, but the DOTM and Prime toylines were on the horizon at the time and more stores were itching to get to selling those instead of more Reveal the Shield stuff.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Optimizzy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:I wish these molds had been released in the US WITHOUT being Subscription service.
Purple Demolition Rumble was supposed to be released in the Reveal the Shield line, but the DOTM and Prime toylines were on the horizon at the time and more stores were itching to get to selling those instead of more Reveal the Shield stuff.

I know. That sucked. A big disappointment for me. Especially because DOTM was so blah
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3

Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator Now Arriving

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to fellow Seibertron.com member and podcaster xRotorstormx, we can confirm that the TFCC Subscription Service 2.0 Thrustinator figures are now arriving for those who purchased them! So keep an eye on your mailboxes, and compare what you're about to get with the Seibertron.com gallery of the figure here.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby durroth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:31 pm

got mine today. only problems so far are the knees being too loose, the legs not pegging into themselves tightly in robot mode (the holes for the pegs are way too big for the pegs), and an instruction sheet that doesn't give you adequate instructions for transforming him properly to beast mode. does anyone have the original dirgegun instructions? I really need a scan of those
durroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
durroth wrote:got mine today. only problems so far are the knees being too loose, the legs not pegging into themselves tightly in robot mode (the holes for the pegs are way too big for the pegs), and an instruction sheet that doesn't give you adequate instructions for transforming him properly to beast mode. does anyone have the original dirgegun instructions? I really need a scan of those

BWII D-25 Dirgegun Instructions, courtesy of Fortmax' Transformers Instruction Archive
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby durroth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:33 pm

... okay, so they're the same instructions... I don't suppose anyone can tell me how to properly peg the arms onto the chest?
durroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby dedcat » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Motto: "It's dedcat, son."
Thrustinator is a bit of a QC nightmare. His black bug legs on the forearms are swapped, his gun does not fit in either hand, the alt mode head wont stay pegged together and his knees are the loosest things since loose moved to loose town. I can't get the figure to stand for more than a few seconds.

It will be easy enough to fix these problems. I am just curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues, or did I just get a dud?
dedcat
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Heckfire » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBAAAALLL?"
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 pm

dedcat wrote:It will be easy enough to fix these problems. I am just curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues, or did I just get a dud?
Haven't had a chance to transform him yet, but yes to the smaller bug legs being swapped. I've never done any surgery on the Waspinator mold, so I don't know how easy it is to pop them off those rods without breaking anything.

Of course the funny part is, these problems are wholly appropriate for the character. He had to have been reassembled improperly a few times in his career.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby durroth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 pm

The gun fits on mine, just... no other weapon, his fists are just like, just a tiny bit too small for 5mm weapons. Damned beast wars era non-standard weapon sizes
durroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby Flashwave » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:15 pm

durroth wrote:The gun fits on mine, just... no other weapon, his fists are just like, just a tiny bit too small for 5mm weapons. Damned beast wars era non-standard weapon sizes

My Post Office lady handed me mine as I was leaving thehouse for work. Knew I shoulda clawed for the news credit... Oh well.

Goit mine, My Thrusty seems to be good and tight. Wasp legs backwards, I knew they wee colliding with th wings oddly but I hadn't noiced they were upside down. I have balance issues with mine, but I think that's sim[ply wieght, his knees peg in alright to the shin, although theactual knee peg itself not so much. He feels... rubbery. He's not, by any means,but the plastic reminds me of a wet piece of thick rubber on a hot day. Just interesting to note.

Really like this figure, he by no means fits anything in my collection (everyone in my collection is part of some story, the Universe effect) But I like him and I'll keep him.
Flashwave
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 211006A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 210811A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete Hasbro 2005 Powerlinx 230427B"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHT ATTACK MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NIGHT ATTACK MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 211006A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EVAC Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete Hasbro 2005 230719A"
EVAC Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON