This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:It looks like Starscream's colors have been switched. That's terrible.
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Awesome ! She looks good. Im more excited about the club figures than I am about the oversized Devastator.
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

Dont read comics so I dont know the fiction. But any name with "elle" at the end is traditionally a female name. I would question the writer of the fiction WTF they were thinking.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:08 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:It looks like Starscream's colors have been switched. That's terrible.
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Awesome ! She looks good. Im more excited about the club figures than I am about the oversized Devastator.
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

Dont read comics so I dont know the fiction. But any name with "elle" at the end is traditionally a female name. I would question the writer of the fiction WTF they were thinking.

I said this once before: Nacelle, like Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet, is a real word used in aviation, in this case it's a housing separate from the main body or fuselage.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

I said this once before: Nacelle, like Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet, is a real word used in aviation, in this case it's a housing separate from the main body or fuselage.

I didnt know that. But to someone not verse in aviation terms its more likely to come off as being a female name. Out of all the names of parts that could have been used, it was a silly choice. Michelle, Rochelle, Jizelle, etc. I dont know if its the same comic writer, but they should have made slipstream the male (brother to bitstream) and nacelle the female seeker. It just would have worked better in the norms of human culture. Just my opinion.
Rated X
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

I didnt know that. But to someone not verse in aviation terms its more likely to come off as being a female name. Out of all the names of parts that could have been used, it was a silly choice. Michelle, Rochelle, Jizelle, etc. I dont know if its the same comic writer, but they should have made slipstream the male (brother to bitstream) and nacelle the female seeker. It just would have worked better in the norms of human culture. Just my opinion.
The comic writer didn't make up the name, nor did the toymakers. It was a preexisting name used by a Seeker in another story from back in 2010, who was also male in that story.

And Slipstream's name was decided by a different party unrelated to the one that came up with the name of the original Nacelle.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Transformers Collector's Club To Retire "Classics" Seeker Mold

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sad news for Collectors' Club members who are fans of the old Classics Seeker mold. Courtesy of the Transformers Collector's Club Twitter page, we have news that after the shipping of Generation 2 Starscream and Nacelle that the Club plans to retire the mold. Unfortunate news, as we have yet to see characters like Redwing be realized.

Does this news sadden you? Does it bring relief? Speak your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
thank god.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:32 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
"She"? This is a dude.

Seriously?

Nope. In the norms of English speaking culture maybe, but not human culture. Michel is a very polular guy's name in French and Andrea is a very popular guy's name in Italian. And as far as I can tell, Transformers are for a global audience.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:36 am

That's actually kinda sad to me. I AM glad to know this info, though. It will give me the green light to do my own custom of Red Wing and SG Dirge, since I know the club won't/can't release them. Bummer.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
That's one of those molds that I want to hate but can't help loving, and yet part of me hates the crap out of it. On one hand, it's a great update to the original Seeker, but on the other, it's poseability is lacking for a character as impotant as Starscream. While I love having SS, SW, and TC, I was certainly ready for the new Armada Starscream to take over on my shelf.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:39 am

Holy Jeez..if TFCC is putting that mold to bed, what kind of shape is it in? Nacelle and G2 Starscream are likely to be missing chunks of wings, legs, and look like they've been rolled in sand. BBTS Seacons will probably look better.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby leokearon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
They'll probably just use the Fall of Cybertron/Armada Deluxe moulds or to wave costs the Legends mould instead
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:50 am

That sucks. Can they at least give us Redwing first ? Its dumb decisions like this that were the foundation of CHMS in the first place. Maybe they will get enough fan uproar at botcon to reconsider. They bluffed in the past about not ever using unicron trilogy molds again. Besides the FOC seeker mold sucks. I actually prefer the IT tetra jet mold over the FOC mold even if the head sucks.
Rated X
Banned

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I'm so over the 2006 seeker mold.

I feel trapped by it. I have a full squad of them, but they really are dated. I detest the idea of starting over with that group, but really wish they were bigger now that the idea of Classics have evolved.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:59 am

Counterpunch wrote:I'm so over the 2006 seeker mold.

I feel trapped by it. I have a full squad of them, but they really are dated. I detest the idea of starting over with that group, but really wish they were bigger now that the idea of Classics have evolved.

I get the trapped feeling. Everytime I look at my coneheads, I want an MP mold more and more.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Optimizzy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I still like the mold. It was great back in 2006 but it could really use an improvement now.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Awww, I love this mould. No Redwing?

Well, at least Nacelle is a great addition. I like the reference to the old prototype. But I'd have liked to see G2 prototype Sandstorm (I think that was the name). Oh, well, it has a great run.

I can't help but agree that it's too small and unarticulated for a character set like the Seekers. Yet it remains the best version of the Seekers, to me at least. None of the other deluxe moulds are much larger and, to me, this is how a Seeker is supposed to look like.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Desslok2201 wrote:Holy Jeez..if TFCC is putting that mold to bed, what kind of shape is it in? Nacelle and G2 Starscream are likely to be missing chunks of wings, legs, and look like they've been rolled in sand. BBTS Seacons will probably look better.

Exaggeration is an art >:oP

Just because the Club decided to no longer use it, doesn't mean Hasbro can't still cook up something. I'd say that's unlikely given that the new Deluxe Armada Starscream makes a good replacement for either company, I already have the perfect character for the Club to use: Universe 2003 Ramjet. Slap Jhiaxus' wings on him, but keep the Starscream cockpit, make a new head, there ya go.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby Powered Convoy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 pm

No more Classics Seekers is disappointing. Granted there are 31 releases but Fun Pub was a great place for new characters of obscure references to get made. Things like Bitstream, Hotlink, and Nacelle were great new characters with equally great figures. It will be a shame if we see no more of that or never get figures of Red Wing or SG Dirge.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:11 pm

I have to say, I'd rather round out the set, rather than a new mold for Redwing or SG characters. Having them match is kind-of the point.

That said, It looks like things are rebooting for the seekers. IDW versions of the basic seekers are coming, so you can wager Screamer and Skywarp will be on the horizon ... for those wanting a fresh, larger version.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Metroplex79 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Hopefully Hasbro will use it for more mass-released Generations figures.

I haven't gotten tired of the mold yet.

I don't have the same love of the FOC seeker mold, mostly because I don't like the "thunder-calves" look.
Metroplex79
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm

It's kinda funny how after 30+ uses and how they're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel now, people still want more of this mold.
Not that I blame them.

And "Nacelle" totally sounds like a female name to me, regardless of the various explanations, and I'm disappointed they didn't take the opportunity to add a second female Seeker... and another female without the hourglass frame.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby jogunwarrior » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Well, boo. I rather like this mold. Granted I only have a few of the figures that use this mold, unlike many of you others that have dozens...

Anyway, a new update of this mold could be cool, but I don't see that happening.
jogunwarrior
Fuzor

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I was just saying this yesterday. It's about time they retire this mold. It's 9 years old! I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro has a new mold in the works. Get ready to sell all your Classics Seekers and rebuy them as the superior Generations/Combiner Wars version.

I'd love to see them make some Combiner Wars Seekers. Either remolds of Silverbolt and one of the Arialbots, or just new molds, as Super Seeker and Regular Seeker mold. The Regular Seeker mold(limbs) be used for the obvious Starscream, Thrust, Sunstorm, Redwing, Skywarp, Dirge, etc, etc, etc. While the Super Seeker(torso) would be used for characters like Skyquake, Dreadwing, MW Starscream, Leozack, etc. It could be really interesting as you could create multiple custom Seeker combiners. You could probably even make a combiner out of just Starscreams(G1, G2, MW, Ghost, Black). Or you could make a combiner out of 4 generic Seekers and Super Seeker.
Last edited by UltraPrimal on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Thank **** god.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
All the tweets said is they "MAY" stop using the mold....they said they "have no plans" to use it again, so it's possible we may still get a Red Wing from this mold. I could care less about SG Dirge, because the whole SG universe is highly annoying to me, but to each their own.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON