This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and Subscription Figures

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: TCC AND TFSS 5.0 THREAD

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sounds awesome, shame they're using the MM/OP mold, it could've been amazing :HEADHURTS:

The mold itself is not bad not great but not awful either.

But really what would you have made Toxitron from neither HotSpot or Onslaught fit Toxitron that well unless they want to change his alt mode?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Deadput wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sounds awesome, shame they're using the MM/OP mold, it could've been amazing :HEADHURTS:

But really what would you have made Toxitron from neither HotSpot or Onslaught fit Toxitron that well unless they want to change his alt mode?
Plus, it was originally gonna be Nemesis Prime until Takara went and made Grand Scourge, forcing the Club to change its plans for the Motormaster mold's other pretooled head.

So if they hadn't gone with the Motormaster mold, we wouldn't be getting that final headsculpt.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Deadput wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Sounds awesome, shame they're using the MM/OP mold, it could've been amazing :HEADHURTS:
The mold itself is not bad not great but not awful either. But really what would you have made Toxitron from neither HotSpot or Onslaught fit Toxitron that well unless they want to change his alt mode?

Who says it has to be Toxitron, is that a thing? As 'Wreckers', I could see using Scattershot or Onslaught, since Onslaught was just used, I think Scattershot with a new head and combiner head and a bunch of guns would have been pretty cool :michaelbay:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Poor Rotorstorm. After is death, there are now 2 Wrecker combiners. The joke is now on him :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:Who says it has to be Toxitron,
Who else would they make a mold with an "evil Optimus Prime" head out of when Nemesis Prime is off the table and SG Optimus is no more?

Hellscream9999 wrote:is that a thing?
Yes.

Hellscream9999 wrote:As 'Wreckers', I could see using Scattershot or Onslaught, since Onslaught was just used, I think Scattershot with a new head and combiner head and a bunch of guns would have been pretty cool :michaelbay:
Except Scattershot was just used too. For Sea Clamp.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby RevTibe » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Plus, it was originally gonna be Nemesis Prime until Takara went and made Grand Scourge, forcing the Club to change its plans for the Motormaster mold's other pretooled head.

So if they hadn't gone with the Motormaster mold, we wouldn't be getting that final headsculpt.
Ohhhh, is there an element of "Motormaster/Optimus mold was already slotted for our use, we cannot practically change the mold in reaction to Takara's Grand Scourge, but we can change the deco."?
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Postby Optimutt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Motto: "Victory if nothing if you don't enjoy everything leading to it."
Thanks for this, WJ! Very cool to see them dropping these details so soon after the official announcement at Botcon.

Any word on the Ratbat and hologram Megatron toys? Have they given and details about how to get our eager little paws on them?
"I couldn't put it down," Eliot Vohy about Escape from the Spotlight.

Updates on novels and publications: https://robwqueen.com/
Optimutt
Vehicon
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:20 pm

RevTibe wrote:Ohhhh, is there an element of "Motormaster/Optimus mold was already slotted for our use, we cannot practically change the mold in reaction to Takara's Grand Scourge, but we can change the deco."?
The Club was gonna make use of the Motormaster mold's alternate headsculpt by turning it into Nemesis Prime, but when Takara made Grand Scourge out of the regular Optimus mold, that made the Club's plans for Nemesis Prime redundant, so they switched the deco into Toxitron instead.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Optimutt wrote:Any word on the Ratbat and hologram Megatron toys? Have they given and details about how to get our eager little paws on them?
That Joe/TF set will be a Club store exclusive like the last two.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
RevTibe wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Plus, it was originally gonna be Nemesis Prime until Takara went and made Grand Scourge, forcing the Club to change its plans for the Motormaster mold's other pretooled head.

Ohhhh, is there an element of "Motormaster/Optimus mold was already slotted for our use, we cannot practically change the mold in reaction to Takara's Grand Scourge, but we can change the deco."?

The point is that the Motormaster tooling has an alternate head built in (that "Nemesis Prime" head. In fact, every CW toy has two heads) that would have gone unused by Hasbro and TakaraTomy, so FunPub decided it would be perfect to use and build a character around it, without going through the expense of making a new one from scratch. Since TakaraTomy already released a Nemesis Prime-like character, using the same base mold (those get tiring... nope, already run down) they used their fallback: Toxitron.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Big Grim » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
G.B. Blackrock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So Wreckers are a mix of :CON: and :BOT: now? That seems a little weird, so who's stuff do they wreck now since they're comprised of a mix of allegiances?

(EDIT: The bio referencing "Survivors" seems to be a decided nod to the UK stuff)

As is Operation : Volcano.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Who says it has to be Toxitron,
Who else would they make a mold with an "evil Optimus Prime" head out of when Nemesis Prime is off the table and SG Optimus is no more?

Hellscream9999 wrote:is that a thing?
Yes.

Hellscream9999 wrote:As 'Wreckers', I could see using Scattershot or Onslaught, since Onslaught was just used, I think Scattershot with a new head and combiner head and a bunch of guns would have been pretty cool :michaelbay:
Except Scattershot was just used too. For Sea Clamp.

Huh, well I guess that makes some sense then.

As for Sea Clamp, I was only trying to align a torso mold that fit with the ethos of 'Wreckers', you have to admit, a scattershot with his combiner gun equipped under his nose-barrel, with a couple extra guns plugged into him would fit that bill 8-)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???

Postby megatronus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
If Impactor is part of this particular combiner, that means the bonus 7th figure of 5.0 will likely be the 5th member of the team.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wreckage and Thunder Mayhem were nemeses.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
megatronus wrote:If Impactor is part of this particular combiner, that means the bonus 7th figure of 5.0 will likely be the 5th member of the team.

Agreed. Would be cool if the 7th was Punch somehow :MAXIMAL:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby megatronus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:26 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
megatronus wrote:If Impactor is part of this particular combiner, that means the bonus 7th figure of 5.0 will likely be the 5th member of the team.

If I were a betting man, I would sure wager on that! Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 pm

megatronus wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

If I were a betting man, I would sure wager on that! Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Imagine if this combiner had both Punch and Counterpunch and they were the arms.

"I'm gonna punch you!"
"Then I'll Counter-punch you!" :MAXIMAL:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby megatronus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:30 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
megatronus wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Imagine if this combiner had both Punch and Counterpunch and they were the arms.

"I'm gonna punch you!"
"Then I'll Counter-punch you!" :MAXIMAL:

Must... have...

=P~ =P~ =P~
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Autobot N » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
The comic implied that Punch had been severely injured and Lifeline was only able to save him by completely removing the Punch mode, thus leaving only Counterpunch. So a Punch figure might not be impossible.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby megatronus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Sounds awesome, shame they're using the MM/OP mold, it could've been amazing :HEADHURTS:

Plus, it was originally gonna be Nemesis Prime until Takara went and made Grand Scourge, forcing the Club to change its plans for the Motormaster mold's other pretooled head.

But if the head was pretooled, why wasn't it used on Grand Scourge?

I don't mind the choice of mold - I'm actually especially pleased to finally have a Toxitron in my collection.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby G.B. Blackrock » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 pm

megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

But if the head was pretooled, why wasn't it used on Grand Scourge?.

Who knows? Takara wanted a more "regular" Optimus Prime head for their "dark Prime" instead of a more clearly "evil" Optimus Prime head....
G.B. Blackrock
Fuzor

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Autobot N wrote:The comic implied that Punch had been severely injured and Lifeline was only able to save him by completely removing the Punch mode, thus leaving only Counterpunch. So a Punch figure might not be impossible.

People said the same about why Slingshot wouldnt be released udner combiner wars and, well, he was.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RNSrobot » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Like the community here. I'm very excited about the Mayhems and I'm splitting sub 5.0 with some friends (I get the Combiners). Appreciate all the info and updates some of you provide.

I'll second that one of either 4.0 or 5.0 bonus figures is the fifth wrecker needed for Wreckage. We know (I can't remember the source) that the mystery figure for 4.0 is a deluxe Autobot (I'm calling Rotorstorm, or Guzzle).

Either way it looks like we're getting two full on Mayhem and Wrecker combiners. ^^

Now just waiting for FP to add botcon leftovers and the Magnaboss sticker reprints to the club store...

Cheers all! :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS: :WRECKERS:
RNSrobot
Minibot
Watch RNSrobot on YouTube
Buy from RNSrobot on eBay

Postby Autobot N » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot N wrote:The comic implied that Punch had been severely injured and Lifeline was only able to save him by completely removing the Punch mode, thus leaving only Counterpunch. So a Punch figure might not be impossible.

People said the same about why Slingshot wouldn't be released under combiner wars and, well, he was.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Autobot N wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

People said the same about why Slingshot wouldn't be released under combiner wars and, well, he was.

My mitake, I misread that. So yeah, we are on the same page.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RevTibe » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:02 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The point is that the Motormaster tooling has an alternate head built in (that "Nemesis Prime" head. In fact, every CW toy has two heads) that would have gone unused by Hasbro and TakaraTomy, so FunPub decided it would be perfect to use and build a character around it, without going through the expense of making a new one from scratch. Since TakaraTomy already released a Nemesis Prime-like character, using the same base mold (those get tiring... nope, already run down) they used their fallback: Toxitron.
Sabrblade wrote:The Club was gonna make use of the Motormaster mold's alternate headsculpt by turning it into Nemesis Prime, but when Takara made Grand Scourge out of the regular Optimus mold, that made the Club's plans for Nemesis Prime redundant, so they switched the deco into Toxitron instead.
Yeah, I'm aware of the pretooled head, but I was curious if that was the sole reason for sticking with the MM/OP mold after "losing" Nemesis - I don't think FunPub's generally let pretooled heads guide their choices (although SG Ultra Magnus's backstory was certainly shaped by the pretool), especially since they've ignored prominent unused pretool heads in the past (such as Generations Warpath's Hardhead pretool).

That, and I doubt Optimus #3 is the only pretooled voyager head gone unused in the pretool-happy Combiner Wars line - I'd imagine there'd be interest in unveiling an unused Hot Spot pretool head. These factors left me curious about whether or not FunPub was already "locked" to using the MM/OP mold.

(Hmmm, Ask Vector Prime mentioned a case of RID Scourge (i.e., Nemesis Prime) being forcefully converted into Toxitron. Wonder if there's a connection...).
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON