This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.

That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:45 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.

That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?

All gold on either Rhinox should be paint, not plastic. Even the bronze colored hide of the Japanese version. Besides, not all gold plastic is prone to GPS.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Waspinator looks so damn shiny! I'll be honest, if my budget wasn't so low ATM I'd buy him. I'm a sucker for metallic paint.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I find it so frustrating that Hasbro didn't bother painting the gun barrel blades given the paint effort that went into the main figure. Definitely a bit of a conundrum there.

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Dead Metal wrote:The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.

That's where you're WRONG. Hasbro's Waspinator IS ACCURATE! Takara's isn't. Why do people keep saying it is???
Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.
Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
You do have a point, although the actual finish on the Takara version looks more accurate- Waspinator always had that pearlescent metallic sheen. Also, accuracy aside, I think the metallics just look better.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby dragons » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:I find it so frustrating that Hasbro didn't bother painting the gun barrel blades given the paint effort that went into the main figure. Definitely a bit of a conundrum there.

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.

shocking thing neither did takara expected to do so,

but as of any member prefer Hasbro over takara, takra looks shiny from hasbro other members it depends on there likeness of colors, what looks better to them everyone has different things to like
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Manterax Prime wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.

That's where you're WRONG. Hasbro's Waspinator IS ACCURATE! Takara's isn't. Why do people keep saying it is???
Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.
Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.

Nope sorry, you may have misread where I said that both are inaccurate by both companies.
The Takara dark green is the shade of dark green Hasbro needs to use for the dark green parts, other than that their colour layout is more show accurate than Takara's, while looking very plasticy. Which was my complaint from the beginning.
I would like the metal parts to use a plastic with a metallic sheen or metallic paint with the animal parts being more matte, which neither does.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON