This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Predacons Rising" End Cap Display

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

"Predacons Rising" End Cap Display

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Target sure does want people to check out their Transformers selection! End cap displays that carry the visage of the Predacon leader Predaking have been popping up in stores, and carries a barrage of various Transformers on its pegs. The toys present are of Target's exclusive Predacons Rising subline of the Beast Hunters line, the Beast Hunters line itself, the Construct-Bots, Rescue Bots, and Generations. They also have all three live-action films for you to purchase if you so choose. The display pictured below came from site owner Seibertron at a Target in Lafayette, Indiana.

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: "Predacons Rising" End Cap Display

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Found these at two of my local Target stores today. I picked up a Cryofire Predaking and an Air Vehicon as well. I'm a happy wolfman :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
I've yet to actually see these in-person myself, actually. I haven't been to my local Target for what seems like months.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Henry921 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I saw one very similar at my Target, but they had Cryofire Predaking instead of his bigger cousin in display.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Haven't seen the endcap yet, but their exclusives have been at my local Targets for over a month now.

Something about seeing them all keeps giving me flashbacks to when I'd just started college in '97, looking through all the Beast Wars stuff in the Mt. Pleasant Michigan Target as Halloween approached. I'm not entirely sure why, since the whole TF franchise seemed in danger of dropping dead at any moment back then, whereas Predacons Rising is proof that TF has an even more solid and stable presence now than in the mid '80s. Must just be the Predacon aesthetics.

I think the only deal on their exclusives right now is saving $5 on the exclusive Predaking or his Dragon-Ring Op counterpart if you buy a bunch of batteries at the same time, so I'm just gonna' bide my time and wait for an actual sale before jumping on in-scale Predaking. Glad I got the Abominus giftset though, since that's their only exclusive I've seen routinely sell out so far.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby ILL-Star » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Motto: "What is life without misfortune?"
Weapon: Cluster Bombs
There're plenty of Targets in my area with plenty of Predacons Rising stuff.
But no Cryotek. Yet they have Shockwave and Bombshock. :-(
ILL-Star
Fuzor
Firepower: 7

Postby Metrosuplex » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Looks pretty generic to me. I hate how they're pushing basically 3-4 exclusives. I mean, those are pegs of repeats. That's NOT exciting. Whatever happened to shuffling through the pegs for a hard-to-find gem?!? Lame-o.>:oP I can glance at the display and see there's nothing worthwhile there, and that's just sad.

Bumblevivisector wrote:...whereas Predacons Rising is proof that TF has an even more solid and stable presence now than in the mid '80s. Must just be the Predacon aesthetics.

I have no idea what possesses you to make such a bold statement. If anything, you should say the MOVIES are cementing the franchise, not the Predacon Rising crap - I've hardly seen anyone care or notice, in-store.
Well, I guess I should advise you that a large marketing ad or display is hardly "proof" that something is doing well. Look at the original Xbox, for example - that thing hemorrhaged money like you would not believe, were you to judge it by adverts and displays only. :roll:

Bumblevivisector wrote:Glad I got the Abominus giftset though, since that's their only exclusive I've seen routinely sell out so far.

I've seen them pile up over where I live. Like I said, no one really seems to care. I returned my set after I opened my individual Abominus figs (and noticed how horribly made they are), and I expected the return to fly off the shelves, but... still there. I could probably marker it and keep tabs, but meh.

This stuff is gonna clearance like mad one day. I'm hoping to nab a giant Predaking at half price or less! :ic$:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Slashercon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I haven't been to Target in about a year. I hope I'm able to find the Ultimtae Predaking figure.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+

Postby Emerje » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Saw the same display at the Augusta, ME store today, but it was pretty much empty aside from a few of the first batch of exclusives, and some Legends on the front. The actual aisle was fairly full of everything, even saw BH Arcee for the first time, but I'm waiting for the second wave of Predacons Rising figures.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby njb902 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:22 am

The target here in Erie I swear has no employees on the floor. You go in there at night or on the weekends and they only have people working the registers. Also ever since they did their remodel at the beginning of the year they have issues getting product to the floor. It's awfully hard to buy crap that's in the back room, add that to hard to find customer service and it's just frustrating. I don't know if other Targets are like this, but mine is and it sucks.

End rant.
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby xyl360 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 am

I snagged the exclusives on Target.com. Cryo Scourge Cryofire Predaking is pretty :). Skylinx is decent and the Cyberverse (or whatever the hell they call the tiny size now) purple Predaking is nifty as is the little green and blue Optimus. Abominus was sold out, but I've got the original so I'm not too concerned about picking up the repaints (it ain't FoC Bruticus after all :P).
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:48 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I think Target skipped over the Wave 3 BH Deluxes completely when they put the Preds Rising stuff out. All I ever see of the BH Deluxes at my stores are Waves 1, 2, and 4.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436

Postby Henry921 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:I think Target skipped over the Wave 3 BH Deluxes completely when they put the Preds Rising stuff out. All I ever see of the BH Deluxes at my stores are Waves 1, 2, and 4.

Not all Targets. Mine had a pair of Dreadwings shelfwarming for the past few weeks.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+

Postby Metrosuplex » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:I think Target skipped over the Wave 3 BH Deluxes completely when they put the Preds Rising stuff out. All I ever see of the BH Deluxes at my stores are Waves 1, 2, and 4.

I get the same feeling: Target must have spent a pretty penny on securing exclusives, so much so that they seem to be hardcore pushing the exclusives and putting the rest in a dark corner. :-?

I just don't think the exclusives are all that great. I miss exclusives like Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp! =P~ I really should have bought 10 when I saw they were on clearance, but back then, it didn't seem like it would be the last time we'd see some great classic G1 figs. :BANG_HEAD:

Anyway, I just want to say you should go to WAL-MART. If they can stock their shelves, I've found rarer figs there, and sooner than Target (which seems to be a dinosaur when it comes to putting up new stuff). :roll:
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yeah, I found the Wave 3 Deluxes at Wally World, but that's as far as they've gotten, it seems. No Wave 4 or beyond.

Thankfully, it's only the Wave 5 Deluxes I'm still looking for.

Though, I did manage to score a Generations Hoist from a Walmart today (despite that store having not gotten the first wave with Bee/Prime/Megs/Trailcutter beforehand, which can be found at Target).

It's like Target and Walmart are crisscrossing with each wave:
  • BH Deluxe Wave 3 - Walmart
  • BH Deluxe Wave 4 - Target
  • Gen Thrilling 30 Deluxes Wave 1 - Target
  • Gen Thrilling 30 Deluxes Wave 2 - Walmart
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Though, I did manage to score a Generations Hoist from a Walmart today (despite that store having not gotten the first wave with Bee/Prime/Megs/Trailcutter beforehand, which can be found at Target).

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! :KREMZEEK:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby EagleTron » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 am

Motto: "I laugh out loud for no reason at all after I have won a Great Battle. The very last Bot Standing!"
Weapon: Gamma-Ray Laser Cannons
Seeing this big end display is a very good and promising sign for Transformers in general. Let the displays and everything to do with Transformers get bigger and better. Can you see it? Can you just imagine going into your local store and there is a whole entire Transformers aisle, with all the bells and wistles of those over-the-top display decorations stuff. With a huge selection of quality figures. Long Live Transformers :BOT: :CON:
Optimus: The Decepticons are a species of life just like us Autobots. They deserve a choice.
Bumblebee: You are rite Optimus, your compassion and courage is what makes you a great leader, bearer of the matrix.
Grimlock: I will Crush the Decepticons, I will Destroy, Dinobots transform, I'm ready for anything, Attaaaaack, No survivorsssssss.
EagleTron
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:56 am

Motto: "Our greatest resource is each other."
Weapon: Snow Laser
EagleTron wrote:Seeing this big end display is a very good and promising sign for Transformers in general. Let the displays and everything to do with Transformers get bigger and better. Can you see it? Can you just imagine going into your local store and there is a whole entire Transformers aisle, with all the bells and wistles of those over-the-top display decorations stuff. With a huge selection of quality figures. Long Live Transformers :BOT: :CON:

You are the man. Well said.
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender
Alt Mode: Red Mazda 343
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210500 7A (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
JET-KUN First Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON