This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Those who are foaming at the mouths with anticipation of the shipping of the remaining first run of the Transformers Subscription Service will start checking their mailboxes every day after reading this article! Our friend and Oklahoma City resident Andy Seifried dropped by to let us know the figure came in the mail today! The pair of images he has provided have been mirrored below for your viewing pleasure.

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: TFSS 1.0 Breakdown Beginning To Ship

Postby Superwheeljack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Wow... I'm really happy I'm not in TFSS....look at that thing.
These last few years' TFSS exclusives have been really bad, excluding the upcoming Chromedome which doesn't look bad at all, but I'm going to have to turn to the after market for him, because i'm not spending 300 dollars a year getting really bad **** like the breakdown, it's just bad. Look at the figure. Blah. I need to save my money for thrilling thirty :D
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hope to see pics of his bio soon. :)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Sabrblade wrote:Hope to see pics of his bio soon. :)

Same. Frankly, I'm a little surprised our tipper didn't provide a full image of it.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
This is actually the figure I signed up for. I hated the block head even when it was on the G2 Breakdown. (Especially on the G2). But. I am happy to have a Neo-G1 Breakdown.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Sabrblade wrote:https://twitter.com/pile_of_butts/status/381454411228135425/photo/1/large

OH MY GLOB HE'S FROM THE BLACKTHORNE G1 3D COMICS UNIVERSE!!!!
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

ALL MY WAAAAAAAAANT!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Great, now I gotta look that up and learn about something I didn't even know about.

Y u do dis, Sabrblade?

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Great, now I gotta look that up and learn about something I didn't even know about.

Y u do dis, Sabrblade?
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_in_3-D
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blackthorne_Publishing

Three 3D comic issues produced in 1987. They weren't anything great, except for the third issue, which was so awesome that the company couldn't handle such awesomeness before the comic's cancellation. 8-} :michaelbay:

Issue 3 gave us the awesome that is known as the Destructons:

Led by the awesomely-named Lord Imperious Delirious:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:15 pm

"Imperious Delirious"

Hello, new username I can use on other places. :lol:

Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Mindmaster wrote:"Imperious Delirious"

Hello, new username I can use on other places. :lol:
That's LORD Imperious Delirious to you, fool! :MR-T: :P

Such insolence shall not go unpunished! DELIRIOUS FIRE!!!

:P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:15 pm

That's the only American vintage G1 comic I haven't read. I just never came across it in my early '90s back-issue collecting, and passed it up for $30 at a con. And now the price will probably jump even higher. Slag.

Yet having read the first two, I have to ask, isn't calling those three issues one "continuity" by simple virtue of being from Blackthorne just a tad too generous? If issue 3 is seriously supposed to be set after The Rebirth, it can't have continuity with #1 where Max and Scorp exist as pre-Headmasters. Most baffling of all, issue 2 starts out by claiming it's one of the few Transformers stories set in the past (or something; I don't feel like searching my basement for it tonight), which would seem to imply "pre-Movie" to rationalize Ironhide still being alive, yet Galvatron's present. Ocatane, Razorclaw, Ratbat and Scorponok's presence in the "past" wouldn't be a problem in Marvel continuity (nor Galvatron's if he's time-hoppin), and Scorp's size would be consistent there as well; thing is, he was city-sized like his counterpart in issue 1. Ratbat also went from being "Galvatron's prized pet" in #1 to his his Marvel persona in #2: that is, IIRC, he seems to be leading the Decepticons, or at least part of the ruling troika with Galvy and Razorclaw. The fact that humans are already spread across space in that "past" issue hardly even seems odd, all things considered.

I mean, there's Sunbow continuity issues that most of us just forgive, and then there's Blackthorne, which has simply never been addressed because no one really cares. Was their internal communication so bad that all three writers thought they were going to be doing all three issues themselves? #1 was clearly the beginning of a more-ambitious-but-aborted tale as well.

Not that I'm complaining. Hell, if I was writing these bio's, I'd be sneakily trying to assert continuity with "Space Thunder Kids"...unless they'd give me the ultimate privilege of canonizing "Alignment"...

I guess what I'm saying is, if CHUGGUR-down honestly hails from this entire mess rather than just the Destructons story, we'd better get one guy in the next two subscription rounds who hails from Find-Your-Fate Junior "continuity"; I'm probably the only Transfan who actually has nostalgia-blinders for that series as a whole. Oh, and one from S.T.A.R.S. mail-order continuity, and that UK letter-page continuity where Blaster and other TFs became Action Masters would make sense for Treadshot...is that widely considered the same continuity as "Another Time, Another Place"?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Meh, I just refer to the Blackthorne stuff as one whole merely for simplicity's sake. I know it's not perfect and probably not one universe. But's so minor a comic series that it hardly matters much at all.

If anything, only Issue 3 has ever really mattered (and, thanks to this bio, does so now, once again) to any extent. We can at least say for certain that he hails from Issue 3's world. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:56 pm

I guess I'm just trying to come up with a better term than "continuity" for Blackthorne. I've been calling the FYF books "microcontinuity nexuses" on TFWIKI (no one's complained so far), and it seems like there must be some proper descriptive term out there to slap on Blackthorne's...deal. Reading #1 and #2 in early '92 did have a memorable effect on me: Like reading an account of a dream I'd had back in '87 just before or after an early morning of "The Killing Jar" and playing "Yars' Revenge", but suppressed all memory of. I mean, I'm not complaining because reminiscing about this is making different parts of my brain hurt than usual.

Now, I really want to know something from fans in the G.I.Joe FSS: have any of their bios referenced Blackthorne's 3D Joe comics? The first issue of that was really f@#%ed up! Raptor injects Cobra troops with some bird-serum that makes one group commit suicide by trying to fly over a cliff, then gives a platoon the super resilience to keep charging the Joes after being graphically dismembered by gunfire, including one guy who's somehow just a severed head attached to a single hopping leg! Seriously! Look at Blackthorne's covers on TFWIKI, and you'll notice a distinct lack of Comic-Code approval...
Last edited by Bumblevivisector on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster

Postby megatronus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Car Crash has made this obsolete... but if he shows up on eBay for a decent price, I'll pick him up.

Can someone remind me what the cost per TFSS 1.0 figure was? Need to gauge whether the inevitable eBay prices are in any way worth it.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:14 pm

megatronus wrote:Can someone remind me what the cost per TFSS 1.0 figure was? Need to gauge whether the inevitable eBay prices are in any way worth it.
Full payment for all six together was $282 plus shipping.

Individual installment payments for two each was $94 plus shipping.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby robotmel » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:https://twitter.com/pile_of_butts/status/381454411228135425/photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/pile_of_butts/status/381457996384968706/photo/1/large

OH MY GLOB HE'S FROM THE BLACKTHORNE G1 3D COMICS UNIVERSE!!!!
(Kremzeeks contained)

ALL MY WAAAAAAAAANT!!!! (Michael Bay extinguished)

Sabrblade my friend, you never cease to amaze me. It's one thing for the club to go for the really obscure when fiction's concerned, but for you to pick it out as if it was common knowledge, it's simply indefinable :shock:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby MagnetarPrime » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:36 am

Motto: "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Carl Sagan"
I will take my chances and wait to see if the club store makes him available, for now it seems they are making every TFSS 1.0 figure available in the club store at some point. :grin:
MagnetarPrime
Minibot
Watch MagnetarPrime on YouTube
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Metrosuplex » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 am

Motto: ""Nothing so liberates the heart as when a fool awakens from his folly.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I love the character but the block head looks out of place on that figure - especially without his Stunticon compatriots. >:oP

Nah, I say skip and go FP on this one. One Stunticon is not > than an entire Menasor (which should be complete by November).

To me, this release is a sad reminder of gestalts that will never come... :sad:

Sabr, excellent comic snippets! :APPLAUSE: For my money, I'd be much more interested in seeing Destructons (even though this is the first I've heard of them) from FunPub. I mean, go obscure because you can, right? Well, I guess I'm more of a fan of obscure characters than re-release and re-hashes of old characters (unless we're talking new molds from Hasbro, that is).
Words from the wise:
GuyIncognito - "MetroSUplex, do you understand inflation? I'm guessing not."
Metrosuplex
Combiner
Strength: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 am

Metrosuplex wrote:Sabr, excellent comic snippets! :APPLAUSE: For my money, I'd be much more interested in seeing Destructons (even though this is the first I've heard of them) from FunPub. I mean, go obscure because you can, right? Well, I guess I'm more of a fan of obscure characters than re-release and re-hashes of old characters (unless we're talking new molds from Hasbro, that is).
I was trying to think of any molds in TF history that would make any sense for the Destructons as well. Maybe if Hasbro does, someday, get serious about toys of the Original 13, that would give FunPub something to work with. Granted, I still haven't read this issue either, just a weird hunch.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster

Postby megatronus » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:Can someone remind me what the cost per TFSS 1.0 figure was? Need to gauge whether the inevitable eBay prices are in any way worth it.

Thanks, as always, Sabr!

So, roughly $47 a figure + shipping (I know; I'm evenly distributing and not weighting for Ultra Mammoth).

I'm now leaning towards picking up Breakdown. As much as FP Car Crash really, really does it for me, the fact is, he'll be in combined mode the vast majority of the time. Even when I had FP Bruticus, and even if I get FOC Bruticus, I'll still have Ultra Class Onslaught on display, so there's precedent for such "doubling" in my collection.

We'll see if he comes down a bit on eBay, or if the Club downs the price to a reasonable level.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby datguy86 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Thanks, as always, Sabr!

So, roughly $47 a figure + shipping (I know; I'm evenly distributing and not weighting for Ultra Mammoth).

I'm now leaning towards picking up Breakdown. As much as FP Car Crash really, really does it for me, the fact is, he'll be in combined mode the vast majority of the time. Even when I had FP Bruticus, and even if I get FOC Bruticus, I'll still have Ultra Class Onslaught on display, so there's precedent for such "doubling" in my collection.

We'll see if he comes down a bit on eBay, or if the Club downs the price to a reasonable level.

I'm buying the FP stuff as well, but that's for display as Menasor. I have SE Drag Strip, some version of Wildrider, and maybe a Dead End somewhere, and this just gives me Breakdown. Of course, Motorbreath is with my stuff, but all Legends/Legion/Cyberverse/etc. are part of a different collection, as far as I'm concerned.

I received mine today, and while Breakdown looks good, a lot of joints are as loose as a retired porn star. Took some effort to get him to stand. But he does look great.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:07 am

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/382160444082769921

Tech spec artwork for Breakdown.

Notice the four shadows of the Destructons:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby triKlops » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Just got mine in and I am pretty pleased with him.
The Blackthorne tie in makes this an interesting grab but in truth I am just counting down to Ultra Mammoth.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZE Blank Authentix (Orange) Dynamite Comics DEC237141 1ZE"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics DEC220423 1C Aragones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZD Blank Authentix (Spotlight) Dynamite Comics DEC237140 1ZD"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics MAR230302 4C MOTU Ossio"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210312 4A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL231104 1C Rodriguez"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON