This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Cancels Transformers Go! Swordbot Giftsets

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Cancels Transformers Go! Swordbot Giftsets

Postby El Duque » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Word reaches us from Seibertron.com staffer Mkall that Takara Tomy is cancelling the Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai and Shinobi gift sets. He received the following emails from site sponsor BigBadToyStore regarding his pre-orders.

Hello,

The purpose of this message is to inform you that we unfortunately will not be able to fulfill your preorder for product TAK11725 Transformers Go Samurai Gift Set. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation has caused. We have recently been informed that this item has been discontinued and will no longer be produced, which is why we are unable to fulfill our preorders. Due to this matter, all remaining preorders will be cancelled accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding during this matter and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

Hello,

The purpose of this message is to inform you that we unfortunately will not be able to fulfill your preorder for product TAK11724 Transformers Go Ninja Gift Set. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation has caused. We have recently been informed that this item has been discontinued and will no longer be produced, which is why we are unable to fulfill our preorders. Due to this matter, all remaining preorders will be cancelled accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding during this matter and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara Tomy Cancels Transformers Go! Swordbot Giftsets

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Well.. poo :(
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby hinomars19 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Shame. I do have interest in these figs, but the price balanced with the...questionable look of some of them in bot mode has left me not prepared to bite. A gift set may have made it slightly cheaper and easier to snag at least one team. Maybe.

Ah well.
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 am

Either they're selling so poorly, they're giving up on them.

Or they're selling so well individually, they see no reason to offer them in a discounted bundle.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
According to Hisashi Yuki, these preorders shouldn't have existed since TT never planned to do giftsets of the Swordbots. The shops just made a misinterpretation.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
That was the only way I was going to get them barring a sale on the individual figures. Individually they weren't worth the full cost IMO.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
This is interesting. Since I had returned my individual Samurai team members I was looking forward to getting the gift set if the Jinbu was assembled correctly. To be honest I don't really understand the point of gift sets in 2013. With the internet revealing entire lines in one shot, a gift set almost guarantees a noticeable shift in sales towards those larger, cheaper sets over the individual toys.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
They are not selling poorly.In fact, they are all sold out. Selling so good that amiami had to cancel their backorders (which I was a victim of). Had to find other "means/venue" to get the blue lion bot.

As to their "look', I'll be saying about the ninja bot set, they SUCK individually but are awesome in super mode. Especially the default Gekisuomaru form. For the spindly legs, take a look at how Shadowmaru was portrayed in the anime. Ninja? Long spindly legs.Hanya in Samurai X.

Btw, for Gekisuomaru, I moved the wings up to the "back pack" not the default style of putting them on his hips like the old MP Starscream. See how the look improves.

P.S.

Hobbysearch hasn't cancelled their orders yet though amiami never solicited them

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232658

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232657
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9

Postby jamarmiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:19 am

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
not sold out by a long shot, Every toys r us has them, Amazon japan has them. These are very easy to find
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:27 am

jamarmiller wrote:not sold out by a long shot, Every toys r us has them, Amazon japan has them. These are very easy to find

Sold out as in Online buddy.

Online as in Japan's biggest Online specialty store that caters to foreign orders. As for Amazon Japan, you need a proxy individual/company to get them for you or if you are good in reading kanji,romanji etc.

No one in his right mind would travel to old Hinomoto just to buy the item. Normal people will buy it via Online stores, and in my case I buy it via Japanese online shops that accept foreign orders. >:oP
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby jamarmiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:54 am

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
fenrir72 wrote:
jamarmiller wrote:not sold out by a long shot, Every toys r us has them, Amazon japan has them. These are very easy to find

Online as in Japan's biggest Online specialty store that caters to foreign orders. As for Amazon Japan, you need a proxy individual/company to get them for you or if you are good in reading kanji,romanji etc.

No one in his right mind would travel to old Hinomoto just to buy the item. Normal people will buy it via Online stores, and in my case I buy it via Japanese online shops that accept foreign orders. >:oP

You mean sold out online for foreign buyers not living in Japan okay , buddy, but If you here in Japan, then you dont need a proxy individual/company to get them for you nor do you have to necessarily read Kanji as they have an English language option on Amazon Japan.

These things are very easy to find here in Japan. They are not sold out, Dont know how well they are selling but they are still easy to come by
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 am

jamarmiller wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

You mean sold out online for foreign buyers not living in Japan okay , buddy, but If you here in Japan, then you dont need a proxy individual/company to get them for you nor do you have to necessarily read Kanji as they have an English language option on Amazon Japan.

These things are very easy to find here in Japan. They are not sold out, Dont know how well they are selling but they are still easy to come by

Wasn't that what I just said?

Well if you want to be technical:

1. Discussion was for people who don't live in Japan. Most if not all the respondents in the thread are either from Europe or the USA so the answer "if you live in japan" is not applicable. Btw, again, who in is right mind would look for a proxy if you already live in Japan? That's simply short in the common sense.

2. Since you "live" in Japan, why didn't you ask your friendly vendor if they are "selling out" since you inserted your opinion in the thread. It would have made a great 'nice to know" moment.

All my statements are based on feedback from the online stores in Japan where I buy my Japan TFs. Amazon Japan/USA japan has a slight mark up over the direct online seller, so in a pragmatic sense, ordering it not via Amazon is much cheaper. If you live in Europe or the USA, then go via vendors like BBTS/RK/hlj etc or many other seibertron sponsors. I rarely hear anybody in seibertron going by the Amazon Japan route. But if the emphasis is just I live in Japan then.......... >:oP
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby jamarmiller » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:11 am

fenrir72 wrote:
jamarmiller wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Wasn't that what I just said?

Well if you want to be technical:

1. Discussion was for people who don't live in Japan. Most if not all the respondents in the thread are either from Europe or the USA so the answer "if you live in japan" is not applicable. Btw, again, who in is right mind would look for a proxy if you already live in Japan? That's simply short in the common sense.

2. Since you "live" in Japan, why didn't you ask your friendly vendor if they are "selling out" since you inserted your opinion in the thread. It would have made a great 'nice to know" moment.

All my statements are based on feedback from the online stores in Japan where I buy my Japan TFs. Amazon Japan/USA japan has a slight mark up over the direct online seller, so in a pragmatic sense, ordering it not via Amazon is much cheaper. If you live in Europe or the USA, then go via vendors like BBTS/RK/hlj etc or many other seibertron sponsors. I rarely hear anybody in seibertron going by the Amazon Japan route. But if the emphasis is just I live in Japan then.......... >:oP

wow, uhmmmm, yeah, LOL, whatever, I think that says just enough about you for me to leave this thread. Have a nice day !
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 am

=;
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby xyl360 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 am

Well, I guess that answers my question about whether or not the versions in the gift sets would have alternate decos. I've already got the original/individual releases, so no biggie.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am

There'll be recolors but most probably individual packs. If by Monday, there isn't any changes in the Hobbysearch solicitation for the "gift sets, most probably the release will be limited release to japan only.....in limited quantities(?) Speculation on my part. At least until Monday.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, we do have those Kuromusha and Kurojishi versions of Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively, still coming. ;)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:11 pm

fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby xyl360 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, we do have those Kuromusha and Kurojishi versions of Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively, still coming. ;)

What, you mean the all black versions? No thanks. Too dull.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:47 am

xyl360 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, we do have those Kuromusha and Kurojishi versions of Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively, still coming. ;)

What, you mean the all black versions? No thanks. Too dull.
How are shiny toys "too dull"?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby craggy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I was looking forward to getting these guys, in their sets. Sad that they've waited til some have sold out before telling us we have to get the singles. Not sure I can justify the singles pricing either.

edit: I'm based in the UK and only talking about availability through my usual online retailers. If these are shelf-warming in the country they're supposed to be sold in, then maybe we'll get lucky and they'll go on sale and some enterprising Japanese folks will stick em on some website for lower prices, but I can't think of any previous examples of that happening, so I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by craggy on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 pm

In some online specialty stores in Japan that cater to international and not domestic clients (I can't say the same for BBTS etc)you can (with luck) find the Samurai team. On the Shinobi, good luck finding the lion component. Let me emphasize, on my end....Geki was a pain in the @ss to acquire. Despite my back order reserve. It got cancelled (first time it ever happened)

Statement not applicable for Japanese residents if you want to be @nally legal.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 am

Just a formality. I got Hobbysearch to update their site to indicate the item's cancellation.

Dear ####,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As you pointed out, the manufacturer "Tomy(TakaraTomy)" surely had cancelled
the production of the following products.

Samurai Sanjo Gattai Go-kenzan Set (Completed)
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232657

Shinobi Sanjo Gattai Go-gekisou Set (Completed)
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232658

We deeply apologize for your inconvenience and your understanding
would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,
Daisuke Saito
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics AUG231236 2C Hardman"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr W FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247368 2W (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240191 3D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL239635 3C (CA)Smith"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr V 1:50 foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240126 2V Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ptg Cvr C 1:10 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN249150 (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics AUG231235 2B Seeley"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON