This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TIME's special coverage of the Transformers Movie

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

TIME's special coverage of the Transformers Movie

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:34 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
TIME's public relations contacted me about some new content they have posted on their website regarding the Transformers movie. Here's the message I received:

TIME Public Relations wrote:We thought you’d be interested in our special coverage of the new Transformers movie on TIME.com, including an interview with the film’s star, Shia LaBeouf, a look at Hollywood’s most enduring robot concepts and themes, and a profile on the new taste-makers of Hollywood: fanboys.

The full package, which also appears in the July 16th issue of TIME, is available now on TIME.com:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/ ... 27,00.html

==================================================

Special coverage includes:

An Interview with Shia LeBeouf: The Kid Gets the Picture: Transformer’s star Shia LaBeouf talks with TIME’s Rebecca Winters Keegan about his rising career, from selling hot dogs in LA’s Echo Park, to working with Steven Spielberg on the set of Transformers and Indiana Jones.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... 12,00.html

80 Years of Robots in Hollywood:

Essays and accompanying photos profile some of Hollywood’s most memorable metallic stars, from The Day the Earth Stood Still’s misunderstood Gort, to Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Terminator.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/ ... 27,00.html

The Fanboy: Hollywood’s New Taste-Maker:

A look at the latest and greatest taste-makers of Hollywood: fanboys, “the typically geeky 16-to-34-year-old male ... Whose slavish devotion to a pop-culture subject, like a comic-book character or a video game, drives him to blog, podcast, chat, share YouTube videos, go to comic-book conventions, and once in a while, see a movie on the subject of his obsession. And he’s having his way with Hollywood.”

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 87,00.html

Movies: Transformers:

A peek at the highly anticipated movie.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... 60,00.html
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

I fit that demographic for sure.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby trailbreaker » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks for posting the TIME information. It's great to see the TF's all over the place!!
trailbreaker
Micromaster

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am

Nothing says "Hitting it BIG" like being covered by TIME Magazine.
Nuke Mayhem
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby Decepticon Spike » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:25 am

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading about the 80 years of robots in movies. Just wish they would have mentioned V.I.N.Cent and Maximilian from The Black Hole.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby flashmech » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm glad to see that the movie's doing so well. I'd like to see Time make Optimus Prime "Bot of the Year". This is a great time to be a Transformers fan. There's plenty of glory here for all of us. It's time to celebrate being a Transformers fan. This is our finest hour.
flashmech
Micromaster

o.p.

Postby vectorA3 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Prime inside the red border of TIME magazine. That'd be too sweet!!!
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Decepticon Spike wrote:Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading about the 80 years of robots in movies. Just wish they would have mentioned V.I.N.Cent and Maximilian from The Black Hole.

...you completely rock. I just so happen to have that movie on DVD. For the most part, it's a complete waste, but those robots kicked enough ass to entertain.

They should do a remake, let the kids see these classics one more time. With the special effects as they are today, using the team behind POTC...they could make a completely kick ass "The Black Hole".

Hells yeah.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Decepticon Spike » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:
Decepticon Spike wrote:Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading about the 80 years of robots in movies. Just wish they would have mentioned V.I.N.Cent and Maximilian from The Black Hole.

...you completely rock. I just so happen to have that movie on DVD. For the most part, it's a complete waste, but those robots kicked enough ass to entertain.

They should do a remake, let the kids see these classics one more time. With the special effects as they are today, using the team behind POTC...they could make a completely kick ass "The Black Hole".

Hells yeah.

It funny you mention a remake, because the other day, I told my brother that I wish they would remake The Black Hole to be more like the book. And you're right, if they use the same CGI as in POCT, it would be a kick ass movie!
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:58 pm

I opened the first link saw the robot from Metropolis and began thinking(as that is one of my favorite movies). Is my TF addiction the cause of geneticly supressed memories of awesome robots from the past seen by my elders?

I gotta get a shrink and see how much fun they have with that!

Then again that would cut to much into my TF budget, so nevermind.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1B Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 0923DC267"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC213 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YOUNG ROMANCE #125 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC214 (CA) Romita"
YOUNG ROMANCE #125 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var FOIL Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230682 (CA) Cockrum"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #129 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics AUG230811 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #129 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr B Blank Sketch DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC212"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman VENGEANCE OF BANE #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0223DC099 (CA) Fabry"
Batman VENGEANCE O ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON