This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team Names Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team Names Revealed

Postby El Duque » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
From Dengeki Hobby by way of Autobase Aichi we have a few updates on upcoming Transformers products.

First up, we have the individual names for three Mini-Cons in Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team. The tank is called Heavy Tread, the helicopter is called Windsheer, the jet is called Runway, and the combined robot is called Centuritron.

At this point we have yet to discover the names of their Hasbro's counterparts. Hopefully we will get a look at their cardback soon, which may reveal their names.

Second, the upcoming Transformers Go! Go Prime, the Leo Prime redeco, will be a toy only character. In other words don't expect to see him show up in the Transformers Go! animation.

Lastly, the recently revealed Transformers Cloud line is referred to as "Transformers Generations Cloud". What if anything that distinction means we don't know at this time.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team Names Revealed

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:23 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
El Duque wrote:From Dengeki Hobby by way of Autobase Aichi we have the individual names for three Mini-Cons in Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team. The tank is called Heavy Tread, the helicopter is called Windsheer, the jet is called Runway, and the combined robot is called Centuritron.

At this point we have yet to discover the names of their Hasbro's counterparts. Hopefully we will get a look at their cardback soon, which may reveal their names.

Up to now, Generations US and JP have shared every single name (Megatronus aside). I don't think things will be any different here.

And Centuritron? REALLY? :roll:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-32 Mini-Con Assault Team Names Revealed

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:42 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Could probably be the names for the Hasbro release, who knows.

"Centuritron" sounds like someone tried to make something clever out of "Centurion" and "-tron", gave up after a while, and just slapped "Centuritron"
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That site also reveals that Go Prime will be a toy-only character not appearing in the Go! cartoon.

And that the magazine calls the Transformers Cloud line by the name of "Transformers Generations Cloud". Huh.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 pm

I still say the helicopter one is a girl. Look at those cute gams.

I'll show myself out, thank you
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Mkall » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And Centuritron? REALLY? :roll:

Comparing names alone, is Megatron any less cheesy?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Mkall wrote:

Megatron is iconic. So are Tigatron and Banzai-tron to an extent. Now, any other name with "-tron" just reeks of laziness and fail in epicness. [-(

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
At least his name isn't Decepticharge. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Megatron is iconic. So are Tigatron and Banzai-tron to an extent. Now, any other name with "-tron" just reeks of laziness and fail in epicness. [-(
That's kinda unfair, saying that all old names from years ago have monopolized the "-tron" suffix. :-(

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby TimeLordPrime » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Centuritron? As in, Robotic Centurion? Might as well call the bugger "Rory"!
TimeLordPrime
Mini-Con

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Hmm, I don't like any of those names. I think I'll defy my username and make up new ones for these guys. Maybe go with Leader-1 for the jet and follow that pattern (i.e. Bunker-2, Sniper-3) but the phrase "Heavy Monocle" just popped into my head and now I kinda want to use the "two random words that sorta make sense, a la Michelangelo from the current TMNT cartoon" approach.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby RhA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
The golden nugget of this thread is calling Banzai-tron 'iconic'.

I actually have to look up the character on the wiki to remember his appearance.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby VioMeTriX » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
ummm you forgot Galvatron

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
VioMeTriX
Targetmaster
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 am

Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:

That's kinda unfair, saying that all old names from years ago have monopolized the "-tron" suffix. :-(

Not saying that. It's just I'm tired of seeing "-tron" used for new names. To me it seems like an easy way out of having to come up with a new unique name. Kinda like using "-bot" or "-con".

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:14 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Not saying that. It's just I'm tired of seeing "-tron" used for new names. To me it seems like an easy way out of having to come up with a new unique name. Kinda like using "-bot" or "-con".
Well, when was the last time we got a new "-tron" name? Thundertron? Or, what of before him? :-?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Well, when was the last time we got a new "-tron" name? Thundertron? Or, what of before him? :-?

Dinotron and Terranotron from Beast Machines to Armada. And that was pushing it. Thing is, I may be influenced by seeing "-tron" used in other toy lines as a generic robot describer ("Artillatron" from Power Rangers Turbo and "Troopertron" from VR Troopers come to mind) I just want to see it not used in Transformers for new names for the sake of standing above other lines when it comes to original names. Maybe I'm asking too much? >:oP

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 pm

We both forgot about Dragotron and Yoketron. :oops:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Optimus Eeyore » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Computron feels no love.
Optimus Eeyore
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 am

Wouldn't it kind of make sense to have a fair number of characters with the "-tron" ending? I mean, look at the original faction names. They BOTH end with the "tron" suffix.
For those of you confused by this, likely those of you in the States and are newer to the Transformers line, I'm talking about the Cybertrons and Destrons, or what we in America know as the Autobots and Decepticons.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 am

T-Macksimus wrote:Wouldn't it kind of make sense to have a fair number of characters with the "-tron" ending? I mean, look at the original faction names. They BOTH end with the "tron" suffix.
For those of you confused by this, likely those of you in the States and are newer to the Transformers line, I'm talking about the Cybertrons and Destrons, or what we in America know as the Autobots and Decepticons.
Yeah, but, those were the renames Takara used, since the TF brand started in America in 1984 and was brought over to Japan in 1985 (even though the Diaclone and Micro Change molds themselves were of Japanese origin originally). So the terms "Autobot" and "Decepticon" are the original faction names. :-B

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12 Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220833 (W) Wells (A/CA) Romita"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0223DC022 3D (W) Williamson (CA) Lenoble"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #556 Marvel Comics 2008 (A/CA) Bachalo (W) Wells 210825A"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr D DC Comics 2024 1223DC015 144D (CA) Scalera (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #144 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr O 1:75 DC Comics 2023 DEC222897 1O (CA) Di Meo (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC002 136B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #136 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS OMEGA #1 connecting Marvel Comics 2022 MAY220898 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92.BEY var Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220889 (CA) Brunner"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #26 var Spoiler Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230737 (CA) Frank"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Superman MAN OF STEEL #2 DC Comics 1991 (A/CA) Bogdanove (W) Simonson 230305A"
Superman MAN OF ST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #438 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #438 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr H Dark Knight Returns foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC807 140H"
BATMAN #140 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230812 (CA) Bachalo"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr A DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223268 1A (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON