This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack from Takara Tomy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack from Takara Tomy

Postby Emerje » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:43 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Ended up ordering one off AmiAmi. The car mode isn't great (even if it is accurate), but it fixed one of my chief complaints about the original, namely all the whit parts stuck to his arms. His arms look a lot better now and overall it's a good looking figure.

I wonder if Hasbro will be releasing this one like they are Prowl?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Masterpiece MP-20+ Wheeljack from Takara Tomy

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 am

Turn-arounds from Takara's website --

Comparison --

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Emerje wrote:Ended up ordering one off AmiAmi. The car mode isn't great (even if it is accurate), but it fixed one of my chief complaints about the original, namely all the whit parts stuck to his arms. His arms look a lot better now and overall it's a good looking figure.

I wonder if Hasbro will be releasing this one like they are Prowl?

Emerje

He should, we should be getting official confirmation soon.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Turn around shots of MP-20+ Wheeljack from Takara Tomy

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Straight from Takara Tomy's website we have some brand new shots of MP-20+ Wheeljack!

These accompany the latest stock images from Amazon Japan as we reported here.

Thanks to Seibertron User, Cyberpath, we've been informed of Turn Around shots for this more cartoon accurate deco of masterpiece Wheeljack. The shots allow us a glimpse of the figure at new angles.

Cyperpath has also put together an image showing a comparison between this MP-20+ and the previous release MP-20 (Taken from Seibertron's own gallery) in both robot mode and car mode.

Let us know what you think of these new photos and if you're still planning on adding this new deco of Wheeljack to your collection in the comments below!

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby angtre » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
It's so greyscale that it could be placed lying next to Masterpiece "Sleep Mode" Optimus Prime. Face down, of course.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 am

I got to say, I do prefer the colours on normal mp 20 but I don't collect based on the toon, so I'm glad that those who do, have an option that works better for them now.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
If the interior of the vehicle mode vents are painted as they kinda look to be in those turn-around pics, then that means the vehicle mode isn't nearly as plain-colored as the initial images led us to believe, which is a good thing.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Turn around shots of MP-20+ Wheeljack from Takara Tomy

Postby o.supreme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ZeroWolf wrote:Straight from Takara Tomy's website we have some brand new shots of MP-20+ Wheeljack!

Thanks to Seibertron User, Cyberpath, we've been informed of Turn Around...

Great pics. Also, Every Now and then I fall apart....
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:17 am

o.supreme wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Straight from Takara Tomy's website we have some brand new shots of MP-20+ Wheeljack!

I **** need you more than ever!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

I **** need you more than ever!

;)^ :lol:
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Rainmaker » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
Well I think it looks better than the original, especially the blue windshields... =P~

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

All the Details Revealed for Hasbro Release of Masterpiece MP-20+ Wheeljack Cartoon Version

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Hasbro confirmed to Seibertron that the days of waiting for the Hasbro release of a Masterpiece figure is over. From here on out there is no more waiting, and anyone can get the same Masterpiece figure in the US on the same day as Takara is releasing theirs in Japan. Toysrus used to be the distributor of such Masterpiece figures, and now Entertainment Earth has stepped in to take that duty which we saw with Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron and which we again with the latest release, MP 20+ Wheeljack Cartoon Version.

While it is not stated to be an exclusive to them, it is the only retailer offering the Hasbro release at the moment rather than importing the product from Japan. The toys will be the same, but the Hasbro release is said to have an extra sleeve on the box for English writing. This makes it the very first time Hasbro releases this mold. The price is $79.99 with free shipping and there are wholesaler discounts. The figure is being released in February 2019.

Here are additional descriptions from the listing:

Transformers Masterpiece Edition Wheeljack is back! The Autobot mad scientist comes complete with another one of his crazy inventions. With cartoon-specific detailing, Wheeljack looks just like he did in the cartoons from 1984 in his blue windows and colorful finish. Transforms from Lancia Stratos Turbo to robot and back again. Includes shoulder cannon and additional accessories. It's great for Generation One fans!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm

It'll be about $12+ less to import it. >:oP

However, it's a great for those that need this option, it's basically the same as the Japanese taxed price (about $83).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Qwan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Emerje wrote:It'll be about $12+ less to import it. >:oP

However, it's a great for those that need this option, it's basically the same as the Japanese taxed price (about $83).

Emerje

How can it cost about the same, and yet be $12 more expensive than importing (with associated costs)?

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Emerje

I really wonder, who needs this option? Then again, lots of people order from BBTS and this is 5$ cheaper

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Qwan wrote:

Emerje

How can it cost about the same, and yet be $12 more expensive than importing (with associated costs)?

Full MSRP plus tax is 9,180 JPY ($83) making $79.99 reasonably close to the Japanese price. But after the usual discounts from exporters (AmiAmi, HLJ, et al) it's closer 6,500 JPY (give or take) plus 800 JPY to 1,000 JPY for SAL shipping bringing it to around $68~ total or around $12 less than Hasbro's price.

Will, there's a lot of people that simply don't trust or feel comportable importing themselves and would rather use a domestic online shop.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Qwan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Emerje wrote:
Qwan wrote:

Emerje

Full MSRP plus tax is 9,180 JPY ($83) making $79.99 reasonably close to the Japanese price. But after the usual discounts from exporters (AmiAmi, HLJ, et al) it's closer 6,500 JPY (give or take) plus 800 JPY to 1,000 JPY for SAL shipping bringing it to around $68~ total or around $12 less than Hasbro's price.

Emerje

Ahh, I gotcha! Thanks for the explanation :D

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Just an FYI, most retailers in Japan also have that discount, Amazon Japan as well. I have only ever seen that Japanese MSRP ever followed at takara tomy mall.

As for the preference of a domestic online retailer, i never really understood it myself since i figured anyone able to order online could do it anywhere, so why not choose the cheaper option.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm

william-james88 wrote:Just an FYI, most retailers in Japan also have that discount, Amazon Japan as well. I have only ever seen that Japanese MSRP ever followed at takara tomy mall.

No doubt, though given enough time I think we'll see the domestic price come down as well. Other stores are also carrying EE's exclusives, but for a flat $5 more (except for MP-43 Megatron which is the same price) on each one so there's room for sales and discounts later on. Either Hasbro is giving the best prices to EE or the other stores are getting theirs from elsewhere (Asia?).

As for the preference of a domestic online retailer, i never really understood it myself since i figured anyone able to order online could do it anywhere, so why not choose the cheaper option.

Me either, but we've both seen long time fans ask advice on ordering from Japan for the first time or choosing to buy from domestic shops over lower priced Japanese exporters. I think there's a belief that it's expensive to ship from Japan, but we know that doesn't have to be the case. Heck, sometimes the shipping from Japan is cheaper than what I can ship any package for within my own country. :roll:

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I just pre-ordered this from Amazon Japan the other day. If Amazon US picks it up then I'll go with them, but right now after shipping I doubt EE will be that much better.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

I thought people may choose to get it domestically to avoid the hassle of knowing if they have to pay extra taxes or fees. In the UK we have to pay VAT on imports over a certain price (we can ask for it to be marked 'gift' or the seller will do that but it's a game of roulette as to whether you'll get caught and have to pay the taxes). Buying from a domestic supplier will mean that they will have sorted that out already and just added to the local price but I don't have to worry those things.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Emerje » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 am

Well that's certainly a benefit of being American. No customs, no taxes, and no added fees. Some states expect a use-tax for online and out of state purchases, but it's done on an honor system. What we pay is our total, no surprises when they arrive.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 pm

carytheone wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
carytheone wrote:
They still haven't fixed the canon arm so it could bend like in the original stock photos...
Not sure if I follow. Pretty sure he can pull off that pose,, mine has anyway :-?

Not as much as in the original stock photos, I'm sure. Somewhere between the prototype and final product they cut costs and limited its swing range. I even opened it to see.

Perhaps it's why they didn't tab it all the way into his shoulder in the new stock photos.
Ahhhhh..... so I see. I've never noticed that before. I did noticed that when the cannon was tabbed all the way in, tilting it up un-tabs it a bit. Still seems to pull an acceptable angle though.

Not enough. :(

It would have improved the flying poses, too.

Oh well. If I had a copy of the cannon I think I could tweak it, but otherwise I don't want to mess with it.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 pm

MP-20+ pre-orders --

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
WJ looks so nekid! :lol:

It's his Alitalia endorsements that make the the Lancia Stratos shine even more (just look at Sega Rally)similar to how Martini makes the Porsche 935 turbo iconic.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON