This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Energon: The Complete Series Scheduled for May 6 Release Date

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Energon: The Complete Series Scheduled for May 6 Release Date

Postby ScoutBumblebee » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Motto: "Increase efficiency.... Or be terminated."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
As we reported to you back in November, Shout! Factory is releasing the complete season of Transformers: Armada in March. Armada, the first part of the Unicron Triogy, is set to release March 11, 2014.

We have now learned that the second part of the Unicron Trilogy, Transformers Energon: The Complete Series will likely be released by Shout! Factory on May 6, 2014.

While the studio has not yet officially announced the title, Amazon.com has a listing up for a preorder of the series, showing the May 6 release date. The listing is currently at $27.98, down from the list price of $39.97, so if you’re looking to order, now would be the time! While the set was previously released by Paramount, it has been out of print for a while. Be on the lookout; as soon we’ve got them, we’ll bring you further detail and package art.
OK, fine. More talk.
ScoutBumblebee
Fuzor
News Credits: 86
Buy from ScoutBumblebee on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Energon: The Complete Series Scheduled for May 6 Release Date

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i would rather see the complete unicron trilogy in one box set
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby BERSEKAEL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Nice, I can't wait
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Since I already own the Paramount DVD set, and since this one likely won't have any new bonus content to make it worth picking up (as is the case with the Armada set), I likely won't be double-dipping on this like I did with Shout! Factory's G1, Beast Wars, and Predacons Rising DVDs.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Spleenzorio » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 am

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So a two month gap between these series releasing, maybe we will see Cybertron in July?
Spleenzorio
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 pm

In part because it was a sequel with less to establish, Energon roared out of the gate stronger than any other TF series. As painful as my memories of sitting through the second half were, I'll still have to get this to relive the optimism that the beginning filled me with.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Infamous_prime » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 pm

they already released a cybertron collection like 8 years ago. so...i dont really care about buying it again if it gets re released. however i am amped for energon
Infamous_prime
Mini-Con

Postby El Duque » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to our friends at Shout! Factory we have the cover art for the upcoming release of their Transformers Energon: The Complete Series. The set is scheduled to release on May 6th with a $37.99 price tag. Additionally they will be releasing Transformers Energon, Vol. 1 a week later on May 13th. It features the first seven episodes on one disc for a price of $5.97. Check out the cover art and details for each below.

PRODUCTS DETAILS
The Unicron Trilogy Continues

Ten years of peace have passed since Unicron’s destruction, but all of that’s about to change. A mysterious enemy has unleashed the Terrorcons on the Autobots’ cities, gathering energy for plans of total domination. Enter a newly revived Megatron and the universe is in for a war unlike any it’s ever seen between the Autobots and Decepticons. And once again, Earth is caught in the middle!

Can Optimus Prime and his valiant Autobots — alongside their human allies — protect the Earth against this new threat? Find out with the complete series of Transformers: Energon!

Discs: 7 Format: NTSC
Video region: Region 1
Color: Color
Language: English

PRODUCTS DETAILS
Ten years of peace have passed since Unicron’s destruction, but all of that’s about to change. A mysterious enemy has unleashed the Terrorcons on the Autobots’ cities, gathering energy for plans of total domination. Enter a newly revived Megatron and the universe is in for a war unlike any it’s ever seen between the Autobots and Decepticons. And once again, Earth is caught in the middle!

Can Optimus Prime and his valiant Autobots — alongside their human allies — protect the Earth against this new threat? Find out with Transformers: Energon!

Includes The First 7 Exciting Episodes!

Discs: 1 Format: NTSC
Video region: Region 1
Color: Color
Language: English
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
That first piece of package art was kind of bad. Better than I can do, but usually they have better cover art
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
The Volume 1 cover looks fine, but Dat Complete Series boxart....Absolutely sucks.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 pm

That Volume 1 DVD is gonna shelfwarm till Armageddon, as no one with half a brain is eeeeeeeeeever gonna buy it.

welcometothedarksyde wrote:That first piece of package art was kind of bad. Better than I can do, but usually they have better cover art
It's recycled art from the Dreamwave days.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:That Volume 1 DVD is gonna shelfwarm till Armageddon, as no one with half a brain is eeeeeeeeeever gonna buy it.

welcometothedarksyde wrote:That first piece of package art was kind of bad. Better than I can do, but usually they have better cover art
And yet so far down the drain compared to the bar Dreamwave set with Armada and the G1-nostalgia-vival. There seemed to be a distinct lack of decent promotional art as Energon wound down. I remember one calendar in particular that made even Pat Lee's most nonsensically-detailed pieces look renaissance-grade by comparison. Was it just another side-effect of Dreamwave's infuriating bankruptcy?

And while I'm tempted to agree about most single releases vs. compete series, the Energon toon was actually really watchable in its early days, so maybe they're counting on some fans having fond memories of its launch but absolutely refusing to own the series past a certain point?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Sabrblade wrote:That Volume 1 DVD is gonna shelfwarm till Armageddon, as no one with half a brain is eeeeeeeeeever gonna buy it.

I think he is referring to the complete series box art, which unless it's really up-scaled or a vector trace from a small piece of art, doesn't look like Dreamwave. I could be wrong, and of course do tell me if I am. :D
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Firepower: 8

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i think the entire unicron trilogy in one box set would be better
heres to hoping
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 pm

hinomars19 wrote:

I think he is referring to the complete series box art, which unless it's really up-scaled or a vector trace from a small piece of art, doesn't look like Dreamwave. I could be wrong, and of course do tell me if I am. :D
Both of them are recycled art pieces from back then.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby hinomars19 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:

That first one is very badly recycled then. Of all the dreamwave art to pick from...I swear marketing people have zero clue what they are doing. Does nobody care about anything anymore? And the series being for kids doesn't fly as an excuse because what do they think illustrated children's books look like?
Ah well.
hinomars19
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:56 am

hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:

That first one is very badly recycled then. Of all the dreamwave art to pick from...I swear marketing people have zero clue what they are doing. Does nobody care about anything anymore? And the series being for kids doesn't fly as an excuse because what do they think illustrated children's books look like?
Ah well.
Mediocre art for a mediocre series.

Just goes to show how little care there is for this series. Not surprising, considering it's the worst one ever.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby hinomars19 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:That first one is very badly recycled then. Of all the dreamwave art to pick from...I swear marketing people have zero clue what they are doing. Does nobody care about anything anymore? And the series being for kids doesn't fly as an excuse because what do they think illustrated children's books look like?
Ah well.
Mediocre art for a mediocre series.

Just goes to show how little care there is for this series. Not surprising, considering it's the worst one ever.

I suppose. Though personal feelings aside, if a company wants to put out product, shouldn't they at least try to sell it properly? I just believe in doing a good job regardless of what it is or it's intended audience 8-}

Still, I actually prefer Energon to Armada in some ways, but I think that's due to the amount of homages to G1 series 3 characters. Plus...I never truly watched Energon, I am getting through Super Link finally though.
hinomars19
Targetmaster

TRANSFORMERS ENERGON: The Complete Series 7-DVD set debuts on home entertainment shelves May 6, 2014

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
TRANSFORMERS ENERGON: THE COMPLETE SERIES
Relive the Adventures of This Classic Animated TV Series in One Complete Set
Featuring All 51 Action-Packed Episodes

OWN THIS COLLECTIBLE 7-DVD SET ON MAY 6, 2014
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

This spring, get ready to relive some of the most exciting classic action battles of the AUTOBOTS through the complete series release of TRANSFORMERS ENERGON. In 2004, TRANSFORMERS fans were introduced to the animated series TRANSFORMERS ENERGON, the second part of the rare UNICRON Trilogy – consisting of ARMADA, ENERGON and CYBERTRON. The heroic OPTIMUS PRIME, his legions of AUTOBOTS and their human friends are in search of the valuable substance Energon, which they find on Earth. A mysterious force has discovered the Energon as well and will stop at nothing to gain control all of it. It’s up to the AUTOBOTS to save the fate of mankind and planet Earth from total destruction.

On May 6, 2014, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro Studios, will release TRANSFORMERS ENERGON: THE COMPLETE SERIES on home entertainment shelves, featuring all 51 unforgettable episodes collected in one deluxe 7-DVD set. Whether discovering this series for the first time or reliving the childhood memory, this collectible DVD set is a must-have for every fan and collectors to complete their TRANSFORMERS home entertainment library. TRANSFORMERS ENERGON: THE COMPLETE SERIES is priced to own at $44.99 SRP.

Pre-order is available now at
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Ener ... rs+energon

Synopsis:
The UNICRON Trilogy Continues…

Ten years of peace have passed since UNICRON’s destruction, but all of that’s about to change. A mysterious enemy has unleashed the TERRORCONS on the AUTOBOTS’ cities, gathering energy for plans of total domination. Enter a newly revived MEGATRON and the universe is in for a war unlike any it’s ever seen between the AUTOBOTS and the DECEPTICONS. And once again, Earth is caught in the middle!

Can OPTIMUS PRIME and his valiant AUTOBOTS — alongside their human allies — protect the Earth against this new threat? Find out with the complete series of TRANSFORMERS ENERGON!

About Hasbro Studios
Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based entertainment division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). The studio is responsible for entertainment brand-driven storytelling for the company across television, film, commercial productions and short-form. It develops, produces and distributes TV shows based on Hasbro's world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and FAMILY GAME NIGHT. Many of these shows air on the Hub Network, a U.S. television network for kids and their families, that is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Hasbro Studios shows can also be seen on networks in more than 180 territories globally. Since its formation in 2009, the studio has received seven Daytime Emmy wins and 16 nominations. On the film side, the studio is developing and producing a number of features based on Hasbro's brands, including TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION (Paramount), G.I. JOE 3 (Paramount) and CANDY LAND (Sony). The studio team also oversees the production of commercials that feature Hasbro's brands as well production of short-form content that can be seen on all of the major digital and social media platforms globally.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:48 am

Ah, gotta love classic marketing hyperbole! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MagnusLabel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 am

Motto: "(miming matches) My hovercraft is full of eels."
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Can we do something to make them changing the cover of the DVD set?
MagnusLabel
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Jet
Strength: 3
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby The Dude » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 am

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I've got so many Dr. Evil Finger Quotes memes to make...
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Go-Faster-Wings » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:22 pm

What a great show. I enjoyed this immensely. I've been re-watching it recently for maybe the third time. Paramount's DVD set was outstanding but I think this show deserves owning both releases. I also have the first volume release on pre order. I hope others share my love for this show! :x
Go-Faster-Wings
Mini-Con
Watch Go-Faster-Wings on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Go-Faster-Wings wrote:What a great show. I enjoyed this immensely. I've been re-watching it recently for maybe the third time. Paramount's DVD set was outstanding but I think this show deserves owning both releases. I also have the first volume release on pre order. I hope others share my love for this show! :x

Cuz it was the worst quality TF cartoon ever produced. It really, truly, factually was.

Especially the even worse English version.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby triKlops » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Gonna put in my preorder for this; was hoping the price would go down a bit though.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON