This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Generations Deluxe Wave 4 - Nightbeat Jhiaxus Windblade

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Generations Deluxe Wave 4 - Nightbeat Jhiaxus Windblade

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:15 am

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
Kapow Toys posted this on FB and said these were Nightbeat Jhiaxus and the sketch is the fans choice figure.

Last edited by Genocide G2.0 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 4 Revealed: Nightbeat, Jhiaxus and Windblade

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:34 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Japanese Online retailer Red Mercury has posted a listing of wave 4 of the 2014 Generations deluxe figures. This wave consists of 2 repaints and a new figure. Nightbeat is a remold of Reveal the Shield Jazz with spotlights and Jhiaxus is a remold of the upcoming Armada Starscream featuring new guns. The new figure in the wave is the fans choice Windblade but is only shown via line art.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: New Generations ? Nightbeat ? Jhiaxus?

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:54 am

Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?

Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Autobot Genocide wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:Hmm, the jazz mould does not suit nightbeat, imo. Why does he look like has shockwave's head?

Haha , That's what i thought but if you get really really close the yellow part is his mouth area.

I think its a digibashed image of the botcon customisation class shockwave thingy. Those door stickers remind me of another 3rd party set.
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster

Postby Wreckgar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:04 am

On paper, I don't think I would have been sold on Nightbeat from the RTS Jazz mold, but swapping the speakers for searchlights makes it an instant buy for me. Just a little conncerned about the head. Kinda looks like the standard Jazz head to me.

I'm sure I called Jhiaxus from Armada Starscream when he was first rumoured. I'm happy with that.
Wreckgar
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 am

Banjo-Tron wrote:
Autobot Genocide wrote:

I think its a digibashed image of the botcon customisation class shockwave thingy. Those door stickers remind me of another 3rd party set.

The flame itself reminds me of tracks but with the blue of nightbeat makes me think of the flames on hotspot .

Edit . The head just looks like the jazz mold with the ears and you can sort of make out the Mohawk.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:21 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yep, like the latest wave, the Armada Starscream wave, and the Rattrap wave, I'll be planning on getting all of these.

Liking Nightbeat. Jhiaxus needs more... Jhiaxus-y colors. Just plain orange ain't gunna cut it.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby KnightStrike » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
I am actually really looking forward to all of these, especially Nightbeat. I really dig the RTS Jazz mold and think it will fit Nightbeat well, but just realized that he will be larger than the rest of the new line since the new molds keep getting smaller. I don't mind at all, it will just be sort of funny seeing Nightbeat towering over the rest of the shelf :lol:
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Re: New Generations Deluxe Wave 4 - Nightbeat Jhiaxus Windblade

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:31 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Hmmm... Not really feeling them.. Need to see bigger pix. Not happy with Nightbeat though as I hope a 3rd party company makes a headmaster head for him or one that looks more "nightbeatish"..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
You should change the wording in the story to remolds rather than just simple repaints. I really like the look of Jhiaxus. Remolded nosecone, very G2 head, guns instead of swords. I'm digging it. Nightbeat looks good, but the Bumblebee mold would have worked way better. I like the spotlights, though I'm not sure if they are a throw back to anything to be honest. Or maybe they're magnifying glasses.

Let me know when they remold Wing Blade into Slipstream

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:40 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Pretty sure Jhiaxus is a remold of Starscream as more than just the head and deco look different, like the cockpit.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
I'll probably only want Windblade when I see images of her. >:oP
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby reluctantyouth » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 am

Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morning meeting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Last edited by reluctantyouth on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:00 am

Boooooooooooooo! I thought we were finally getting a proper Jhiaxus. Why does Hasbro think Jhiaxus is orange? Is this supposed to be a tribute to the Universe toy? Total fail here.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
reluctantyouth wrote:Really Hasbro... :-x

I do not know why this is sufficient news as it's just a slap in the face anyway. Will we really see any of these in mass release before the crapstorm of movie toys come out? Heck no. I'm insulted that Hasbro made such a big deal out of creating a fan made up character and we get a lame deluxe class at the end of the line? Are you fracking kidding me? Wingblade should have gotten a voyager representation. I probably wont find any of these until next Christmas if that and only if my sucky Marshalls or TJ Maxx step up there dismal efforts to create a toy section. Dang...time for my morming metting and I would have loved to bash this whole thing more >:oP

~Reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
what are you talking about?

A) The Generations line has shown NO signs of ceasing when the movie toys come out. Keep your shirt on cuz it's going to continue.

And,

B) We knew from the very beginning that Windblade would be a Deluxe. That was set in stone long before now, ages ago. This is nothing new that has been widely accepted since.

Chill, dude.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:08 am

So I guess that's a No on the Minerva Retool.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
So this is no IDW Jhiaxus. =/ I'll still buy everything.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby sabrigami » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 am

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Something just doesn't look right about that picture. If this is true, I'm really shocked about Nightbeat being a Jazz repaint. I think I shall reserve judgement for when Hasbro actually shows official pics of these guys. This just doesn't feel legit to me, but what do I know?
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby shockblast2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:32 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Sabrblade - I cannot recall a time when Hasbro ran three transformers lines such as these at the same time. The movie line is a certainty and the new cartoon will be coming out in the fall. Of course, Prime will end to give way to this new line. Hopefully the line doesn't go on hiatus again like it did several times in the past, but I can't see them having three at the same time.

As far as the new wave goes it is pretty weak. Why are we getting obscure characters when the likes of Arcee, Brawn, Huffer, Shockwave and a few others have yet to see a Generations release? Especially Arcee, with all the attention she got in Prime. The Jhiaxus mold makes no sense, and even more baffling is the reuse of a deluxe size class for Nightbeat that has been retired. Supposedly. I assume the Crosscut bot from Skids's mold, Tankor, and a few others will be in wave 5?

I still cannot get over that Nightbeat using the RTS Jazz mold. I never would have saw that coming. I figured he was getting a new mold or they would reuse Bumblebee for it. If they are going this route then why not release the RTS Frenzy and Rumble that we never got?
Last edited by shockblast2 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:35 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
sabrigami wrote:Something just doesn't look right about that picture. If this is true, I'm really shocked about Nightbeat being a Jazz repaint. I think I shall reserve judgement for when Hasbro actually shows official pics of these guys. This just doesn't feel legit to me, but what do I know?

No, that is exactly what I thought. It doesn't make sense financially for Hasbro to reuse old molds that are not part of the deluxes lines price point for the last two years. Those molds went out of use simply due to cost cutting measures. Just doesn't make sense.

I think you are on to something here. I personally do not believe these to be official until I see something from Hasbro. Anyone with a website can digibash a transformer.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Oh yeah these look awesome. Nightbeat especially. To hell with the crap energon hotshot exclusive. And when is arcee coming out?

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby El Duque » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:39 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
This works out great for me, I was planning on skipping the Armada Starscream since I have no real connection to the character, but I'll happily pick up the Jhiaxus retool/repaint! I'll take the other two as well, at least until a third-party gives me a real Headmaster Nightbeat.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Wreckgar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:50 am

Down_Shift wrote:You should change the wording in the story to remolds rather than just simple repaints. I really like the look of Jhiaxus. Remolded nosecone, very G2 head, guns instead of swords. I'm digging it. Nightbeat looks good, but the Bumblebee mold would have worked way better. I like the spotlights, though I'm not sure if they are a throw back to anything to be honest. Or maybe they're magnifying glasses.

Let me know when they remold Wing Blade into Slipstream

I think Nightbeat might have used spotlights at some point near the start of Matrix Quest, though I could be wrong. Either way, I reckon they fit the character
Wreckgar
Minibot

Postby rpetras » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Nightbeat from Jazz = fail.
Nightbeat is too unique a character to reuse this mold.

Jihaxus from Armada Starscream, is OK for me, as I do not plan on picking up armada starscream, so it will be a unique mold. Kind of a stupid choice as that can be repainted/remolded into other more appropriate characters, but I'd probably skip those too, as Armada isn't my thing. I'd rather Jihaxus got a unique mold, or used a more generic mold, like Skullgrin.

Windblade is good! Not only a new mold, but a new character, and a fembot at that! I'm also expecting the Slipstream remold, and hopefully others. A fleet of fembot seekers would be pretty cool! This is one with lots of repaint potential which, in this case, works for me.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11B (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #11 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Cvr B Ratchet Image Comics 2024 1023IM978 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #3 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB228625 2D Stafford"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON