This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Postby Flashwave » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I'd prefer hebe more tank thn plane, but Depthcharge flew too, sothey'llgo together. Well enough. I like him, glad i am subscribed.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:thinking about it now, doesnt it seem strange to call this version of her "transmutate"? she was only named that in the show cause she was so messed up.
The answer to this is simple: This isn't the Beast Wars cartoon continuity version of the character. This is Transmutate from the new Beast Wars: Uprising storyline, which is a completely different universe from that of the cartoon. Depth Charge and Protoform X are likewise part of this universe as well.

Think the G1 cartoon vs. the IDW G1 comics. ;)

Is Transmutate even called by name in the comics?
Yep. Although the comic parsed her name as "Trans-Mutate" (like the BW 10th Anniv. toy and this new toy).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 am

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:thinking about it now, doesnt it seem strange to call this version of her "transmutate"? she was only named that in the show cause she was so messed up.
The answer to this is simple: This isn't the Beast Wars cartoon continuity version of the character. This is Transmutate from the new Beast Wars: Uprising storyline, which is a completely different universe from that of the cartoon. Depth Charge and Protoform X are likewise part of this universe as well.

Oh yeah! Alternate universe.
That's not an answer, it's an excuse. And at that, it's one that can only go so far until it doesn't work.
Sadly for TFCC naming the figure Tansmutate instead giving her an actual name, that excuse doesn't work.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby megatronus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:24 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Oh yeah! Alternate universe.
That's not an answer, it's an excuse. And at that, it's one that can only go so far until it doesn't work.
Sadly for TFCC naming the figure Tansmutate instead giving her an actual name, that excuse doesn't work.

Let's be honest here. It does't work... for you. For plenty of others, it works just fine.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
megatronus wrote:Let's be honest here. It does't work... for you. For plenty of others, it works just fine.

You say that as if it's only me who finds it rather odd. I'm sure there are others.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 pm

If IDW can do its own new alternate version of G1 from scratch, why can't Fun Pub likewise do its own new alternate version of the Beast Era from scratch?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Manterax Prime wrote:
megatronus wrote:Let's be honest here. It does't work... for you. For plenty of others, it works just fine.

You say that as if it's only me who finds it rather odd. I'm sure there are others.

I'm sure it's not just you who thinks it doesn't work, but that's just it. You shouldn't state your opinion like it's a universal truth.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:If IDW can do its own new alternate version of G1 from scratch, why can't Fun Pub likewise do its own new alternate version of the Beast Era from scratch?

You're missing the point. Transmutate was called the because he/she/it was severely disfigured. If we're getting a Transmutuate that isn't disfigured, why not give her an actual name?
I'm not arguing against their alt-beast wars story at all.
I just find it odd in naming her Transmutate when that name was used for a specific reason.
It doesn't fit.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If IDW can do its own new alternate version of G1 from scratch, why can't Fun Pub likewise do its own new alternate version of the Beast Era from scratch?

You're missing the point. Transmutate was called the because he/she/it was severely disfigured. If we're getting a Transmutuate that isn't disfigured, why not give her an actual name?
I just find it odd in naming her Transmutate when that name was used for a specific reason.
It doesn't fit.
This one simply has the name for a different reason.

Whether this different reason is as equally valid as the old reason, however, is currently unknown, as that will be determined by the events that unfold within the upcoming "Alone Together" text story.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Flashwave » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Manterax Prime wrote:

It doesn't fit.

Its all about character Identification. We keep calling everyone that turns into a red Trucck Optimus Prime, right? How about all the bad guys leading the Decepticons who keep getting named Megatron, the BW guy, the RiD guy, the Armada guy,
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 pm

"Is someone there? I can sense you, I know you're there. Your spark. It's not like the others. It speaks of your pain. Such sorrow; sorrow blessed with fury. It has a darkness that I can taste. Your torment is not unlike my own. It consumes you. It glorifies you. Embrace it. Shed your mask and embrace who you are. Don't hold in your pain, there's too much to keep contained. You have enough to blanket the world. Let everyone share in it. Let them scream in joyous cacophony. Go. Go with your friends... but have them be the first who see you stop pretending. Show them that you are so much more than 'Trans-Mutate.' And do not concern yourself with me. It won't be long... We will meet each other again."

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

All new official pics of Rampage - http://transformersclub.com/rampage14.cfm

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Reminder: TFCC Membership Deadline and New In-Hand Image of Exclusive Protoform X/Rampage

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Still not a member of the official Transformers Collectors' Club? If not, why are you still reading this? Get moving! A quick reminder for everyone, if you'd like to get in on this year's exclusive figure, a retool of the Prime: First Edition Megatron into a pre-Beast Wars Protoform X/Rampage (also representative of the alternate-universe character whose origins lie in the newly-named Club universe Beast Wars: Uprising), now is not the time to dawdle! As always, the deadline is before midnight on 16 March. To get in on the shenanigans, click here!

For our second half of this newsie, the Club also uploaded a new in-hand image of said exclusive Protoform X/Rampage on their website too. The image has been mirrored for your viewing convenience.

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Manterax Prime » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Ok, from straight on, he does look nice.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior

Postby megatronus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Really looking forward to Protoform X :D
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Mkall » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
How often have the 'free' figures gotten a new headmold?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Mkall wrote:How often have the 'free' figures gotten a new headmold?
2012 Runamuck seems to be the only other one.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Mkall wrote:How often have the 'free' figures gotten a new headmold?

Well, the first one to receive a new head was Heatwave (his combiner head, at least). Then you had Runabout/Over-run (or was it Runamuck?). Then we have Rampage. They've been at this incentive figure deal since... 2005? 2006?

So really, only three I can think of. We're not counting the other exclusives, right?
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Ah, right, forgot about Heatwave's Nexus Prime head.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Rampage's head looks really small.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:Rampage's head looks really small.
Yeah, it sits pretty high up on that neck due to the way Megatron's head original sat upon it. Megs' head had a lot of hanging parts that covered his neck area, but since Rampage's head doesn't angle that way, it sits up higher and looks proportionally off.

It also has to be small enough to fit through the peekaboo hole in jet mode, so that's another factor. A way they could have possibly remedied this was toy simply nix the horns that stick out from the sides of Rampage's head.

After all, a lot of folks are gonna be using this as a pre-BW Cartoon Protoform X instead of its intended use as Uprising Rampage, and in the cartoon, X didn't have those horns in the past:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Yeah, it sits pretty high up on that neck due to the way Megatron's head original sat upon it. Megs' head had a lot of hanging parts that covered his neck area, but since Rampage's head doesn't angle that way, it sits up higher and looks proportionally off.

It also has to be small enough to fit through the peekaboo hole in jet mode, so that's another factor. A way they could have possibly remedied this was toy simply nix the horns that stick out from the sides of Rampage's head.

After all, a lot of folks are gonna be using this as a pre-BW Cartoon Protoform X instead of its intended use as Uprising Rampage, and in the cartoon, X didn't have those horns in the past:

So you're proposing removing one of the more iconic visuals of Rampage, from Rampage? #-o

Besides, though the head may be slim from the side, it will probably hopefully seem a tad larger when viewed straight on.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Flashwave » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:47 am

Sabrblade wrote: A way they could have possibly remedied this was toy simply nix the horns that stick out from the sides of Rampage's head.

Not meaning to sound crass, but doing that to make Nighbeat's head fit went over SOOO well...
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

So you're proposing removing one of the more iconic visuals of Rampage, from Rampage? #-o
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am

People wanna use this toy as Protoform X, and Protoform X DOESN'T have those horns:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am

How many people are going to look to a split-second silhouette as the "correct" appearance over the iconic show design, though?
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Animated Universe 2023 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEACHCOMBER +PARAKEET Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-43 Deluxe Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
BEACHCOMBER +PARAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON