This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TFCC 2014 Exclusives Protoform X and Trans-Mutate Images

Postby Mkall » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:People wanna use this toy as Protoform X, and Protoform X DOESN'T have those horns:

Not everyone is obsessed with such minute details like that.

That silhouette lasted for about a minute, whereas Rampage's head was seen for a season. Guess which head most BW fans want on their "Protoform X"

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:59 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Noideaforaname wrote:How many people are going to look to a split-second silhouette as the "correct" appearance over the iconic show design, though?
The diehards that this is aimed at?

It was just a suggestion to make the head be not as tiny and more reasonably proportioned, as it is a sacrifice that is at least rooted in something rather than done randomly for no other reason than make the head bigger while still fitting inside the hole. If the Club wanted to go for show-accuracy, that is one way they could have done so. But the chose not to and instead had to shrink the head to a dinky proportion that some are still going to complain about just like they did with Punch/Counterpunch.

tl:dr - there is no pleasing this fandom.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:How many people are going to look to a split-second silhouette as the "correct" appearance over the iconic show design, though?
I'm with Noideaforaname here. Anyone who's purchasing this can be considered a die-hard, I think - myself included. And I just don't see the point of removing the iconic touches that make Rampage recognizable as Rampage.

While we're at, why not paint him all black too, so that he's accurate to the split-second silhouette?

Sabrblade wrote:It was just a suggestion to make the head be not as tiny and more reasonably proportioned, as it is a sacrifice that is at least rooted in something rather than done randomly for no other reason than make the head bigger while still fitting inside the hole.
It was a suggestion, and I certainly understand your good intent. But just because there's a split-second source for something, doesn't mean we should go with that as opposed to the vast majority of source material the vast majority of fans will recognize and appreciate. That just seems ill-advised.

Sabrblade wrote:If the Club wanted to go for show-accuracy, that is one way they could have done so. But the chose not to and instead had to shrink the head to a dinky proportion that some are still going to complain about just like they did with Punch/Counterpunch.
I'm still thinking the side angle obscures the size a bit, and that the head will be somewhat bigger than it appears in that shot (even though it will probably still be a tad smaller than the original photoshopped promotional pics we've seen).

Sabrblade wrote:tl:dr - there is no pleasing this fandom.
That's a whole bucket of truth, right there. ;)
Last edited by megatronus on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sabrblade wrote:

It was just a suggestion to make the head be not as tiny and more reasonably proportioned, as it is a sacrifice that is at least rooted in something rather than done randomly for no other reason than make the head bigger while still fitting inside the hole. If the Club wanted to go for show-accuracy, that is one way they could have done so. But the chose not to and instead had to shrink the head to a dinky proportion that some are still going to complain about just like they did with Punch/Counterpunch.

tl:dr - there is no pleasing this fandom.

Oh, Punch, How I loathe that figure.. mostly cause I Never got it!!!! Stuck with this flimsy KO now...

Eh, but its "not-not"accurate. That is a show head, it's just on a non-existant body. heck, we don't even know WHAT Protoform X looked like, from that picture, that could be his head sideways, and we can't SEE the claws. Many of the IDW Gathering Preds maintained pointed decorations where their BW forms had claws and tusks around the robot mode head.

And anyway, I'mma gonna toss Rampage and any other figures we might get (#Geckobotareyousure) in with the Dawn of Future's Past crew (+Cyb Longrack) cause I can. I wish I coulda gotten the add-ons when I was there, and I kinda hope one of our Shapeways Gurus (Support the local Transtopia members! YEAH!) can come up with a good looking "crushed Spark" accesory...

Agree to disagree?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby shajaki » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Manterax Prime wrote:I just find it odd in naming her Transmutate when that name was used for a specific reason.
It doesn't fit.

this might seem silly as im essentially creating fanfic in my head to make sense of this.... BUT:
transmutate was disfigured and mentally disabled (for lack of a better term). but she also had terrifying power. perhaps she had this "power" before her accident making her the transmutate we saw in BW. other TF character had "powers" too (starscreams indestructible spark) and it was considered a mutation. so maybe she got the name transmutate because of her crazy powers?

megatronus wrote:Anyone who's purchasing this can be considered a die-hard, I think - myself included. And I just don't see the point of removing the iconic touches that make Rampage recognizable as Rampage.

While we're at, why not paint him all black too, so that he's accurate to the split-second silhouette?

^agrees^
this statement should have killed the horn debate. im a hradcore BW fan and call me crazy, but i want a rampage that looks like rampage.

by the way, the way the orange fades to red on the legs is amazing.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Henry921 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades

Agreed. The head is tiny, but I'd rather it look like Rampage's character model than the brief, likely cobbled together appearance of Protoform X.

And as far as different universal streams go, I think I'd rather put this with my newer Beast Wars figures than create a separate display for just him and Depth Charge, much the same way I've put Waspinator with my Rhinox and Universe Dinobot rather than with Shockwave and Dreadwing, to match his appearance in IDW continuity. Isn't it the point of an homage to be slotted into your collection wherever you want it to be?
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby megatronus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
shajaki wrote:by the way, the way the orange fades to red on the legs is amazing.

Yup - the deco is awesome looking. One of the reasons this guy can't get here soon enough.

Henry921 wrote:And as far as different universal streams go, I think I'd rather put this with my newer Beast Wars figures than create a separate display for just him and Depth Charge, much the same way I've put Waspinator with my Rhinox and Universe Dinobot rather than with Shockwave and Dreadwing, to match his appearance in IDW continuity. Isn't it the point of an homage to be slotted into your collection wherever you want it to be?

That's exactly my thinking, too.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby dende5416 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:22 am

I was curious though, and not wasting time on what any one individual has said, but... how many toys from this alternate universe before you create a separate display for them? I mean, we have three now... what if between the the service and the yearly next year we get three to five more of these guys?
dende5416
Mini-Con

Postby Henry921 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
dende5416 wrote:I was curious though, and not wasting time on what any one individual has said, but... how many toys from this alternate universe before you create a separate display for them? I mean, we have three now... what if between the the service and the yearly next year we get three to five more of these guys?

Well, speaking only for myself... I think I can consider a display 'complete' when I feel both factions are represented adequately.

For example, I felt last year's Machine Wars figures actually worked pretty well together, and excluding Electro (who I'd place with BotCon 2010 figures) and the Rainmakers (who I'd put with Classics), you have five Autobots and four Decepticons, a common team configuration from the cartoons. They don't need any outside figures, forming their own coherent universe.

If Depth Charge was joined by other Primax 209.0 Gamma figures (like Dynobot and Rattrap) and Rampage was flanked by at least one other Predacon, I might be inclined to separate them from the other characters. For the moment, I tend to prefer them as either "pre-Beast Wars" designs or updated to fit in on something like current IDW Cybertron or Axiom Nexus, where various factions and homages come together. I place them in my Beast Wars display not because they necessarily match the aesthetics of current and older Beast Wars figures, but because to me that is where they belong. That opinion may change depending on how this "Alone Together" fiction progresses.

I also have no interest in Transmutate, which may or may not be a factor in creating a separate display for you.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Thus far, all the known characters who has been named in the Uprising universe are as follows:

:MAXIMAL: Blackarachnia
:MAXIMAL: Nightscream
:PREDACON: Scavenger
:PREDACON: Immorticon
:MAXIMAL: Optimus Primal (deceased)
:MAXIMAL: Cheetor (damaged)
:MAXIMAL: Rattrap (presumed dead, but evaded death)
:MAXIMAL: Silverbolt (deceased)
:MAXIMAL: Rhinox (deceased)
:MAXIMAL: Depth Charge
.X Rampage
:MAXIMAL: Trans-Mutate
:MAXIMAL: Dynobot
:MAXIMAL: Jawbreaker
:MAXIMAL: Botanica
:MAXIMAL: Geckobot
:MAXIMAL: Torca

And of these, the ones that we know what they look like are:

Rattrap
Depth Charge
Rampage
Trans-Mutate
Dynobot
Jawbreaker
Botanica
Geckobot
Torca

And, well, technically we have seen Blackarachnia, Nightscream, Scavenger, and Immorticon as well, but only in the bodies of their TransTech counterparts, which they stole. So we don't know what their original bodies looked like before they jumped from the Uprising world to Axiom Nexus.

And of the ones who have visual references, only Depth Charge, Rampage, and Trans-Mutate are confirmed to be getting official toy releases (though, a few others like Dynobot, Botanica, and Jawbreaker have been made into unofficial fan customs).

So these visual ones have the best chance of being made into toy form, being based off actual toy designs.

P.S. - As for why the known characters have so many named Maximals vs. so few named Predacons, it's because they're not all part of the same allegiance. Several of these Maximals turned on their fellow Maximals who were still loyal to the Autobots, and these deserters joined up with likeminded Predacon deserters to initiate a rebellion. And of these known characters, the following are members of the resistance:

Blackarachnia
Nightscream
Scavenger
Immorticon
Cheetor (original leader)
Rattrap (current leader)
Trans-Mutate
Dynobot
Jawbreaker
Botanica
Geckobot

The rest either remain loyal to their Autobot masters or were killed prior to the resistance began. As for the deceased, Primal remained loyal and was killed by the rebels, while Rhinox and Silverbolt were killed in action before the rebellion started (Rattrap was thought to have died with these two, but he survived).
Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby dende5416 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Henry921 wrote:
dende5416 wrote:I was curious though, and not wasting time on what any one individual has said, but... how many toys from this alternate universe before you create a separate display for them? I mean, we have three now... what if between the the service and the yearly next year we get three to five more of these guys?

Well, speaking only for myself... I think I can consider a display 'complete' when I feel both factions are represented adequately.

For example, I felt last year's Machine Wars figures actually worked pretty well together, and excluding Electro (who I'd place with BotCon 2010 figures) and the Rainmakers (who I'd put with Classics), you have five Autobots and four Decepticons, a common team configuration from the cartoons. They don't need any outside figures, forming their own coherent universe.

If Depth Charge was joined by other Primax 209.0 Gamma figures (like Dynobot and Rattrap) and Rampage was flanked by at least one other Predacon, I might be inclined to separate them from the other characters. For the moment, I tend to prefer them as either "pre-Beast Wars" designs or updated to fit in on something like current IDW Cybertron or Axiom Nexus, where various factions and homages come together. I place them in my Beast Wars display not because they necessarily match the aesthetics of current and older Beast Wars figures, but because to me that is where they belong. That opinion may change depending on how this "Alone Together" fiction progresses.

I also have no interest in Transmutate, which may or may not be a factor in creating a separate display for you.

I personally don't have any of those Botcon figures of the pre-earth Beast Wars figures (they look so gorgeous but they fetch quite the price on e-Bay.) So, for now, Depthcharge is just kinda off on his own little thing with Over-Run and Runamuck(I don't really have a place for those either.) But then again, my collection space is a bit limited in a one-bedroom apartment. In the future, maybe, but I hope they release more of the figures through the Service or something.
dende5416
Mini-Con

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yeesh, been feeling depressed all week. Looking at that roster Sabrblade put up makes me feel even more depressed. Definitely lacking in Predacons. Hopefully we'll see some more Predacons coming down the pipe to help balance out the equation.

Also, I just had a quick thought: did Thrustinator originate from the Beast Wars: Uprising universe, or was he from a nearly identical universe that ran parallel with the Generation One/Beast Wars continuity?
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Yeesh, been feeling depressed all week. Looking at that roster Sabrblade put up makes me feel even more depressed. Definitely lacking in Predacons. Hopefully we'll see some more Predacons coming down the pipe to help balance out the equation.
I think it would be cool if we got more Predacons among the ranks of the rebels, since we've had several non-evil Decepticons in stories of recent years, but non-evil Predacons seem to only come once in a blue moon. ;)

Mindmaster wrote:Also, I just had a quick thought: did Thrustinator originate from the Beast Wars: Uprising universe, or was he from a nearly identical universe that ran parallel with the Generation One/Beast Wars continuity?
There was a post made online by somebody, I think it was Pete Sinclair, who said something along the lines of "We imagined Thrustinator as being the Waspinator from the cartoon."

So it sounds like he's a post-Beast Machines cartoon Waspinator after getting stuck in this body:

Though, I admit that it would be helpful to have a link to the post, so I'll try to track it down if I can.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Found it! Turns out it was on Allspark - http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/95 ... ?p=2394564

Pete@BotCon wrote:
Pete@BotCon wrote:And for the record. In regard to some other post I read. Neither of us gave any thought to how Waspinator got back to Cybertron nor how long it took him to get back...

Is this the actual BW/BM Waspinator, or a doppelganger from a nearby universe?

As of right now, we are thinking this is BW/BM Waspathrust proper

This was posted on September 13, 2013.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021 New"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON