This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

March 2014 IDW Subscription Variant Covers - Possible First Look at Upcoming Sky-Byte Figure Design?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

March 2014 IDW Subscription Variant Covers - Possible First Look at Upcoming Sky-Byte Figure Design?

Postby El Duque » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
IDW Publishing has updated their Facebook page with their subscription variant covers for March, and we have two Transformers Dark Cybertron covers. Dark Cybertron Chapter 12 features Shockwave and Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #27 Sky-Byte. Time for a bit of speculation. Remember that list of figures that came out of Hasbro customer service back in November? It's been pretty accurate so far (looking at you Leader Class Jetfire) and it included a listing for a Voyager Sky-Byte. As we know Hasbro and IDW are currently working hand in hand to bring comic designs to toy form. The subscription cover below features a new design for Sky-Byte that may very well be the design for his upcoming Generations toy. Take that with a grain of salt of course, and hopefully we'll know more about his possible figure after this weekend's Toy Fair. For now check out the covers below.

TRA GEN VOYAGER SKY BYTE A6681

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: March 2014 IDW Subscription Variant Covers - Possible First Look at Upcoming Sky-Byte Figure Design?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That is totally a toyetic design. I love it!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: March 2014 IDW Subscription Variant Covers - Possible First Look at Upcoming Sky-Byte Figure Design?

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I see no reason not to believe this will be translated into toy form. As ED touched on, The Big One has yet to be proven false; its accuracy is as good as Sabrblade's infinite knowledge.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Mindmaster wrote:I see no reason not to believe this will be translated into toy form. As ED touched on, The Big One has yet to be proven false; its accuracy is as good as Sabrblade's infinite knowledge.
"Infinite" is an overstatement, tbh. :oops:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mkall » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
One more Botcon figure that will end up back in it's box.

If this turns into the toy, that's going to be amazing.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Hmmm, hinge the shoulder plates back instead of up, then move the shark face from butt to chest...yeah, those are the logical first steps to fixing the floppy, easily-removed-and-lost kibble problems of the TM2 Cybershark mold. And it's been 3 and a half years since his last toy, so it's about time.

Looks like the ex-spark-crystal in his chest rotates up and back so he can still have an aerodynamic shark nose.

Awesome as it'll be to have R.I.D. get its due representation in Generations, would Beast Wars fanatics also get to count him as continuing that recent parade of homages?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby f-primus-unicron » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Motto: ""Destruction its the only true way to wisdom""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
but this redesign has been already used(though not exactly the same colors)
f-primus-unicron
Minibot
Watch f-primus-unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: blackbird jet fighter hybrid
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
The Body Reminds me of Sideways
I Know there's no possible way they'd reuse the engineering, but it's an odd resemblance
Last edited by SW's SilverHammer on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 pm

A simpler Sky-Byte!
But both faces look wonky
Probably bad art
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:18 pm

f-primus-unicron wrote:but this redesign has been already used(though not exactly the same colors)
Nor the same design, either.

Oh, it is similar, yes, but this one's more stylized in a toyetic sense. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Toy.

Now.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I don't know about this one, guys. To me, TM2 Cybershark/Skybyte is already a voyager sized figure; and other than his kibble and lack of rotating right wrist (say that five times fast), that figure is still pretty good by today's stamdards.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Henry921 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
PrymeStriker wrote:Toy.

Now.

Seconded.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
Noideaforaname wrote:A simpler Sky-Byte!
But both faces look wonky
Probably bad art

*sees what you did there
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210502 29B (CA) Su (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON