This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
what0080 wrote:Image

This Optimus Prime interests me... More than the other AOE Prime. Can someone explain the story behind this?

it looks so G1-ish
i think its part of the more simplified design they were going for
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Rescue Bots stuff looks great! Any sightings or word of a Dani Burns mini-fig? Hard to tell from the pics. Thanks!
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 pm

So many dinosaurs. So, so many dinosaurs. Too bad half of it is T. rex, and the other half are the other typical, overused dinos (and Pteranodon). What I'd give for a Therizinosaurus...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Toy Fair 2014 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers and More Gallery

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
We know you're taxing your processors for news and pictures from the New York 2014 Toy Fair. But worry no more, because we are bringing you timely updates, news, and photos straight from the show floor. With Seibertron staff members El Duque and Seibertron at the Fair, we are providing you with updates as soon as we get them.

Check out these offerings from the Kre-O line and the ConstructBot line. And keep an optic tuned here, as we will be bringing you updates throughout the weekend.

The list of products so far:

- Transformers product line
Micro Changers: Misfire, Fangwolf, Trypticon, Skarpnel, Jarugar, Jetwash, Wingpspan, Hawk, Highbrow

- Custom Kreons: Optimus Prime, Drift, Ratchet, and Lockdown (Movie styled)

Micro changers Combiners: Grimstone - mollox, Iquanox, Crackback, and Ironeye
Lazerbolt, Obsidian, Volcanicon

- Grimlock Street Attack with 3 Kreons (Gold Knight Optimus Prime and 2 Vehicons)
- Jail Cell Breakout with Swoop looking dinosaur and 3 Kreons - Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Vehicon)
- Lockdown Air Assault with Dinosaur, Lockdown, Sideswipe and Hound
- Galvatron's Factory Battle - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Vehicon, Dr. Littleman, 2 - KSI Workers

We've included a few pictures and a video for you to check out, but click this link to see the full gallery, it's worth it! http://www.seibertron.com/events/galler ... ent_id=337

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby CBratetron » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Motto: "Life goes on. You will not."
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
I'm starting to think they were pulling our leg with Chromia and Arcee.
Beast Hunters is coming. Well played Mayans.
CBratetron
Minibot
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
SDB81484 wrote:Is that a MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK I see! With a Toys R Us sticker! Oh I pray he's schedule to be part of this years Masterpiece lineup! :D
Yep, he's getting rereleased, and looks to be similar to the TakaraTomy Asian exclusive version.

What are the difference between the recently reissued Asian Market version of MP Grimlock and the one that TRU had in North America a few years ago? I can already tell that he's now without the "sticker" paint apps on his shoulder/biceps in robot mode that the first NA release included.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more

Postby ScoutBumblebee » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Motto: "Increase efficiency.... Or be terminated."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
In non-Transformers toy fair coverage, we bring you a gallery and information on My Little Pony and Star Wars toys.
For Star Wars, there are some new things, like the Command Series line that looks like traditional army men figures…but they are Star Wars characters. Also be on the lookout for the Black Series, which will have a new look for fall of this year. Upcoming figures will include a Jabba the Hutt with moving arms and opening mouth, a Darth Vader from Episode VI with a removable helmet, Chewbacca, and many more. There will be many more revealed at the San Diego Comic Con, but for now, check out the pictures below, and click on any picture to take you to the full gallery.

If you’ve been looking forward to seeing what the My Little Pony line has in store for you, check out the images below and click on any picture to take you directly to the main gallery to see everything that was showcased. In this gallery, you’ll see Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony, Equestria Girls, some new things from Play-Doh, and more.

OK, fine. More talk.
ScoutBumblebee
Fuzor
News Credits: 86
Buy from ScoutBumblebee on eBay
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby MenaceRX » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:06 pm

If only the Kreo quality wasnt garbage. They dont stay together... as lego would say they have no clutch power. So no matter how cool they looks you cant assemble them and assume they will stay that way. Instead they fall apart almost on there own.

If they were made by lego, while they would cost more, they would disappear because the quality would be much better.

I have the first wave of Kreo combiners. They were a mistake to purchase.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby Rated X » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I fail to see why non TF products should be front paged just because they were in the same toy fair. Might as well front page pictures of the restroom too since the hasbro staff "officially" used it.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Spleenzorio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Soooo with all these new movie toys, I haven't seen any sign of Starscream anywhere.

Spleenzorio
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DoctorOblivian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Spleenzorio wrote:Soooo with all these new movie toys, I haven't seen any sign of Starscream anywhere.

thats probably because Starscream is dead... his head got exploded by sam in DOTM, remember?
DoctorOblivian
Mini-Con

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Rated X wrote:I fail to see why non TF products should be front paged just because they were in the same toy fair. Might as well front page pictures of the restroom too since the hasbro staff "officially" used it.

This kind of attitude is not necessary.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Hmmm, that Skybyte looks kinda wonky. I'll need some better pics to be sure.

Roadbuster looks promising, was hoping for a bit more updated look, or bulky, but not quite as shocking as Whirl.

Jetfire has me all tingly, as does Windblade.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
AutoBorst wrote:Wow, this makes me embarrassed to be a TF fan. These make the previous film toys look like Masterpieces in comparison.

I'd say most of the responses make me embarrassed to be a TF fan. I can understand wanting toys to collect, but at the same time people have to understand that kids have, and always will make up the majority of who buys these. Being pissed that Hasbro is actually making toys that.. wait for it... Kids might actually enjoy? :P Go figure. This is the 4th movie. We've all known for a long time that one of the biggest complaints of the movie lines was that the transformations were too complicated. This is there answer. Ya, there not going to work for everyone and I get being upset. But calling them garbage because they were designed for children, the next Gen of FT toy collectors is ridiculous.

Rated X wrote:I fail to see why non TF products should be front paged just because they were in the same toy fair. Might as well front page pictures of the restroom too since the hasbro staff "officially" used it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :APPLAUSE: Now that's funny. Well played sir.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Courage: 7

Postby Manterax Prime » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Cyber Bishop wrote:

True, but you can't deny he has a point.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
Manterax Prime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Ok, so according to TF2005 this isn't the full line. There will be additional lines that will be revealed later in the year. So there is still hope of more detailed, complicated transformations for collectors.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... el-179294/
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 pm

DoctorOblivian wrote:thats probably because Starscream is dead... his head got exploded by sam in DOTM, remember?

Jazz, Brawl, Bonecrusher, and Blackout all had grisly demises in the first movie, but they didn't let that stop them from appearing in later toy lines!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Manterax Prime wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

True, but you can't deny he has a point.
More promotion for Hasbro is always a good thing. It shows that we like Hasbro and appreciate what they do for us fans, so going an extra mile to show our appreciation beyond the scope of expectation couldn't possibly hurt. :D

I also question of this issue would have even been brought up if a certain girl's brand hadn't been included.

That aside,

ScoutBumblebee wrote:Image

Blades looks pretty cool. Almost like a new kind of Seeker. Or like Action Master Thundercracker's old jet armor suit. Or even like Go-Bots Aero-Bot and Silver-Bot.

And, OMG A MORBOT!!!!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SDB81484 wrote:Is that a MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK I see! With a Toys R Us sticker! Oh I pray he's schedule to be part of this years Masterpiece lineup! :D
Yep, he's getting rereleased, and looks to be similar to the TakaraTomy Asian exclusive version.

What are the difference between the recently reissued Asian Market version of MP Grimlock and the one that TRU had in North America a few years ago? I can already tell that he's now without the "sticker" paint apps on his shoulder/biceps in robot mode that the first NA release included.
Looking it over again, I was wrong to compare it to the Asian Takara reissue. This one looks to be closer to the regular Takara deco but with the previous Hasbro accessories.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby DoctorOblivian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:
DoctorOblivian wrote:thats probably because Starscream is dead... his head got exploded by sam in DOTM, remember?

Jazz, Brawl, Bonecrusher, and Blackout all had grisly demises in the first movie, but they didn't let that stop them from appearing in later toy lines!

this is true, but a lot of those re appearances where mostly repaints. which i think hasbro will try to steer away from this time around because all of the new figures are the simply designed ones. Using old figures in the AOE line would kind defeat the purpose. That and the sheer number of actual figures coming out, i dont think they would bother redesigning a new simpler toy for someone who isn't even in the movie.

that and i'm sick of chicken leg starscream, though the leader class screamer is a work of art. 3 times was enough using what was essentially the same design, and seeing how he wont be in the movie (barring some crappy resurrection, or AWESOME ghost resurrection, lol) they wouldn't bother redesigning him just for the sake of a toy, i dont think... actually they probably would... but still i dont think any of the older characters will be making an appearance in toy form again.
DoctorOblivian
Mini-Con

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:Looking it over again, I was wrong to compare it to the Asian Takara reissue. This one looks to be closer to the regular Takara deco but with the previous Hasbro accessories.

Sounds good to me. A screen accurate Hasbro reissue of MP Grimlock is a total win! :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby El Duque » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun

Because Hasbro, who produces all of these products, was kind enough to invite us to their invitation only event?

Getting tired of these thinly veiled "I don't like your stance on 3rd party" posts. If we had time we would take pictures and cover every single item they had on display from Transformers to Play Doh to MLP. In reality this isn't even really Toy Fair. Toy Fair starts tomorrow, this was Hasbro Media Day.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Spleenzorio » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:00 am

DoctorOblivian wrote:
Spleenzorio wrote:Soooo with all these new movie toys, I haven't seen any sign of Starscream anywhere.

thats probably because Starscream is dead... his head got exploded by sam in DOTM, remember?

But but but but but indestructible spark D:
Spleenzorio
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Spleenzorio wrote:
DoctorOblivian wrote:

Wrong Starscream
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Spleenzorio » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:11 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Spleenzorio wrote:
Wrong Starscream

You're the wrong Starscream!
Spleenzorio
Fuzor

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:22 am

And all of these lines have had one or more of their characters interact with TFs in HUB bumpers, so they're canonically as relevant as Disney's Death's Head.

Sorry, but I had to point that out in the most unpleasant terms possible. I'm bitter cuz' there'll never be any SheZow toys to do a gallery of, and Aligned Optimus personally welcomed him to Team HUB.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON