This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF Age of Extinction Trailers, TV Spots, Posters and Stills

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: TF Age of Extinction Trailers, TV Spots, Posters and Stills

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri May 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Here'd be one argument I could see for Unicron's involvement in TF4 - Lockdown, as an independent hunter, is reminiscent of Hook, Line, and Sinker to me, and may have been sent to assassinate Optimus, fail, and then fall back on acquiring Galvatron as a new herald for Unicron. Heck, cannon-faced Lockdown may be used to upgrade Galvatron from semi-truck to space howitzer. His ship, which is small but vaguely reminiscent of Unicron (it seems to be consuming everything rather than simply be mulching it like Devastator), may be a fragment of Unicron - it could be that Unicron breaks apart into millions of smaller components (using the same sci-fi magic as Stinger), which attack planets as a swarm, similar to Ultimate Marvel's Gah Lak Tus.

My recollection is that Hasbro has stated that Unicron is a multiversal constant - he exists in every Transformers universe, and though his body may differ radically (gigantic metal planet, Earth, spiky tank, etc.) he's still the same entity, with one trans-universal consciousness. Given that, whether Unicron is in TF4 or not, he does exist in the movie universe in some form somewhere.

And I like his name...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I bet the scene where the Autobots and the Dinobots roll out to battle would be the coolest scene of the movie. :michaelbay:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby El Duque » Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have yet another new Transformers: Age of Extinction TV spot, and again with new footage! This one gives us a look at the Dinobots Grimlock, Slug, Strafe, Scorn heading into battle. Check it out below courtesy of the upload by jayden m.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Deadput » Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Caelus wrote:Here'd be one argument I could see for Unicron's involvement in TF4 - Lockdown, as an independent hunter, is reminiscent of Hook, Line, and Sinker to me, and may have been sent to assassinate Optimus, fail, and then fall back on acquiring Galvatron as a new herald for Unicron. Heck, cannon-faced Lockdown may be used to upgrade Galvatron from semi-truck to space howitzer. His ship, which is small but vaguely reminiscent of Unicron (it seems to be consuming everything rather than simply be mulching it like Devastator), may be a fragment of Unicron - it could be that Unicron breaks apart into millions of smaller components (using the same sci-fi magic as Stinger), which attack planets as a swarm, similar to Ultimate Marvel's Gah Lak Tus.

My recollection is that Hasbro has stated that Unicron is a multiversal constant - he exists in every Transformers universe, and though his body may differ radically (gigantic metal planet, Earth, spiky tank, etc.) he's still the same entity, with one trans-universal consciousness. Given that, whether Unicron is in TF4 or not, he does exist in the movie universe in some form somewhere.

And I like his name...

This movie actually has a lower budget then the other 3 films

Thats why the designs are simpler

why its not as long as the others

no military

So there is no chance of a giant transformer like Rotf and Dotm

one of the guys at ilm said that Devastator caused a computer to catch fire spontaneously and its insides to melt

and with a lower budget it is unlikely Unicron is in this.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri May 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, fortunately it's not like they have to negotiate some high dollar contract with Unicron, and peel M&Ms or something - all they really need is a deep voice and a pair of glowing red eyes to appear in a dark cloud of chaos inside one of Lockdown's ships.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby EagleBot13 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Cool. I was beginning to think that the other dinobots weren't going to be in it at all, and that they were just a marketing scam to sell more Grimlocks.
EagleBot13
Micromaster
Watch EagleBot13 on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby swagitron » Fri May 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Happy to see the other dinobots. It would be great to see an extended version
swagitron
Mini-Con

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Fri May 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
EagleBot13 wrote:Cool. I was beginning to think that the other dinobots weren't going to be in it at all, and that they were just a marketing scam to sell more Grimlocks.

This is the Movieverse. The Dinobots-That-Aren't-Grimlock will probably be background characters with no personality.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Fri May 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Twitchythe3rd wrote:
EagleBot13 wrote:Cool. I was beginning to think that the other dinobots weren't going to be in it at all, and that they were just a marketing scam to sell more Grimlocks.

This is the Movieverse. The Dinobots-That-Aren't-Grimlock will probably be background characters with no personality.

At least they all transform in the movie (Hasbro said they all do at toyfair)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby spongedude93 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Twitchythe3rd wrote:

Yeah I'm expecting Ratchet levels of participation from most of them.
spongedude93
Micromaster

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

Isn't that kind of how they were in G1? All of them were basically the same, except for Grimlock. Animated, too.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

That assumes Grimlock will have some personality.

Also still no signs of them transforming
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

Why would they waste one of the most exciting moments of the movie in any of the trailers and TV spots?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
To be honest, I don't want Unicron to be in these movies since, with as unfair as these films have already been in the portrayal of the TFs in proportion to their more seemingly favoritism-based portrayals of the humans (as a means to appeal to the general masses over just the fans), I really don't feel that these films could do him any proper justice.

At best, they'd just make him be a giant, mindless monster, moreso than most of the Decepticons have all been, what with these films being human-focused above all else. So I say better to leave him out than to do him unjustly. Otherwise, we'd probably get Mark Wahlberg as the one who either defeats him or holds the key to defeating him. As if being beaten by germs wasn't already enough.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

Even though Hasbro said at toyfair that all the Dinobots will be transforming in the movie.

The Dinobots never had much personality anyways so nothing is really being ruined.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Venowtron » Sat May 31, 2014 12:51 am

Motto: "Life would be easy with all the cheat codes, now wouldn't it?"
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
is it me or does Wolf look like Fangrys' beast mode
That one guy that lurks
Venowtron
Mini-Con
Watch Venowtron on YouTube
Alt Mode: Bus
Strength: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: ???
Skill: N/A

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat May 31, 2014 1:00 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

cause hasbros never lied to use before right, wouldnt be the first time they've said one thing then did another or nothing at all. but i too think the dinobots are just going to be there just to be there, you have to remember the transformers are just plot devices in these movies not actual characters. As for unicron i doubt hes in this, if anything this will build up to his arrival. I could be dead wrong cause thats how id see bay portraying unicron but i really hope he never gets used in bayverse. Let at least one iconic character stay untainted.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby BERSEKAEL » Sat May 31, 2014 2:14 am

Megatron Wolf wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:

cause hasbros never lied to use before right, wouldnt be the first time they've said one thing then did another or nothing at all. but i too think the dinobots are just going to be there just to be there, you have to remember the transformers are just plot devices in these movies not actual characters. As for unicron i doubt hes in this, if anything this will build up to his arrival. I could be dead wrong cause thats how id see bay portraying unicron but i really hope he never gets used in bayverse. Let at least one iconic character stay untainted.

I have to agree with this, Unicron is in my opinion the most iconic transformers in the 80's movie. I didn't like his new form and size on Prime cartoon, absolutely disappointing. Hope they wont touch him.
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby TimothyR » Sat May 31, 2014 3:53 am

Megatron Wolf wrote: Let at least one iconic character stay untainted.

oh give me a break.. if you think all of these characters are "tainted".. then don't pay attention to the movie.. just go sit in a bubble with your NES, slouch socks, bon jovi blaring on your boombox and have G1 running on repeat.

seriously.. i'm so tired of people getting their panties in a bunch over the movies.. whether it's a new trailer, a new CG render, a new plot detail.. no matter what, someone has to make some stupid comment about how much better G1 was.. or how they ruined this character, or changed the name of that character.. or that the transformers in the movies are "tainted". get over it. like i said, if you don't like the movies, why are you watching a trailer for them?

again.. give me a break.

i love G1.. but it's not all that wonderful.. most people watch it with rose colored glasses, then when they see these movies, they forget to take those glasses off.

transformers have changed names, alt modes, designs, colors, and personalities since G1. what we're seeing with the movies is nothing new.

i'm so glad that the people running the franchise don't just regurgitate G1 iterations all the time.. i enjoy that things change. it's the nature of transformers. why don't people understand that?
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Bluespindash97 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo did nothing wrong!"
The amount of time I've spent watching all the trailers is probably longer than the film itself! Just when I couldn't get more hyped up Paramount just won't stop!
For dumb stories featuring Transformers check out
[url]youtube.com/channel/UCUM02Im40eGl-y__Tddowjw[/url]
Bluespindash97
Mini-Con
Watch Bluespindash97 on YouTube
Strength: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1

Postby reluctantyouth » Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 am

I'm so hyped for this movie. Seeing more Dinobots was just icing on the cake despite being kept until the end of the spot. I paused on the Dinos a couple of times to try to get a sense of scale of them to Drift and Crosshairs in car form. I wish we would have had a better shot of scorn rather than him being hidden behind Drift and Crosshairs. Slog looks amazing!! I just wonder how he would be able to keep up with all the other Dinobots as they seem to be running at the same speed and Slog has the shorter legs :-? .

I still think Unicron is coming. Bay destroyed Cybertron. The Fallen is dead. I'm sure this little planet has peaked his interest and he has had a whole 5 years since the last movie to start making his way here to Earth. I'm just saying...pretty sure Unicron is unavoidable at this point.

Please I agree let the "Tainting of G1 Crusade" die. Enjoy the movies for what they are. I have my soapboxes too, but dang this is still the best looking Transformer movie we have gotten out of 4. I'm glad Bay is still doing this one and wouldn't be surprised if he sticks it out until the end. I would rather have Bay finish than have the likes of Singer come in and change it. Maybe it will be Orci since he is the one directing the next Star Trek right? I don't know. The tentpole directors are all tied to these big comic book movieverse franchises that will take us into 2018 and perhaps beyond.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:43 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
TimothyR wrote:i'm so glad that the people running the franchise don't just regurgitate G1 iterations all the time.. i enjoy that things change. it's the nature of transformers. why don't people understand that?

I have that same question too. But this only happens in Bayverse. I think people just don't understand that the movies aren't kiddie movies. The Transformers TV series focused on the Transformers and that is what makes them kiddish. Not only TF fans go and see the live-action films, but other people who have little or no relations with Transformers go to the theaters to see these movies as well. Focusing mostly on the human characters can make other people who aren't die-hard Transformers fans relate [somewhat] to their stories. Sometimes it's hard to accept change. The Transformers movies has changed what people view Transformers today. So, as a conclusion, people should just accept the way the movies are. It's been seven years and nobody I know is used to it. So that is my speech. :-|
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Thalack » Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 am

I have to say reading some of these posts has me shaking my head a bit. This is why I like to be open minded and give things a chance. I don't feel anything from transformers has been "Tainted" by Michael Bay.

I love G1. I grew up on it, owned almost every toy as a kid. Transformers have been a part of my life for my entire life.

What I don't see is how any of this has ever ruined transformers for anyone. We've had so many different takes on the transformers franchise, there's a section I'm sure everyone dislikes. Whether you hate the bay films, you hate G1, you dislike Armada or couldn't stand Prime. There are parts you love, and parts you don't. But the parts you hate, how do they really ruin what you love?

I love G1 and I love the Bay films. Ok, so to some G1 fans I'm not a true G1 fan cause I can accept and enjoy Bayformers. But was I worried, concerned, scared that Spielberg and Bay would bastardize, ruin and destroy what I had hoped to be a great Transformers movie, yes. Was I worried how the Transformers look, would the story work? Yes But all those fear were alleviated when I first saw the movie and I fell in love with it.

At the end of it though, what I'm trying to say is, had Bayformers sucked in my eyes, it wouldn't have tainted or ruined anything else Transformers for me. G1 would still be G1, BW still BW, and the Unicron Triology still the Unicron Trilogy. I would still be able to take what I like about transformers, watch it and love it without there being any chance of it being ruined by any current or future iteration of Transformers.

However, had Bayformers sucked to me, I'd probably save a lot of money on the movie toys and maybe have enough money to start dropping some cash on 3rd party figures. ROFL! DAMN YOU MICHAEL BAY DAMN YOU!

Let people enjoy the Transformers they enjoy, and pass on the ones you dislike. Cause I guarantee not everyone sees your favorite transformers series in the same light as you. There are people out there who hate the version you may love and let people enjoy what they enjoy.
Thalack
Micromaster
Watch Thalack on YouTube
Buy from Thalack on eBay

Postby swagitron » Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 am

Did anyone notice Strafe at the top left corner at about 0.25
swagitron
Mini-Con

Postby Thalack » Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am

swagitron wrote:Did anyone notice Strafe at the top left corner at about 0.25

YES! There's a brief glimpse of him if you pause it just right, but any other pause you just see his wings. I love that shot on the freeway. Can not wait for this movie!
Thalack
Micromaster
Watch Thalack on YouTube
Buy from Thalack on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg DEC230717 (CA) Leonardi"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1B Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr B Foil DC Comics 2024 0324DC132 1B"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2023 0723DC814 1C (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #142 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics SEP230777 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #142 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #122 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230704"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VAMPIRELLA MAGAZINE #1 Facsimile Dynamite Comics 2023 AUG230189 (CA) DiMasi"
VAMPIRELLA MAGAZIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg DEC220767"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 54A (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON