This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee Discussion

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Man it's awesome. I don't think I've ever been this exited for Bumblebee. :D

Just one thing, did they put in the whole face-plate swapping gimmick, exclusively for the amazon battle-mask? That's a little excessive. Or will there be a different face with the toy to swap out, cos from the picks it doesn't look like that.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby AutoBorst » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 am

User897 wrote:I still don't understand why Bumblebee is so much more expensive at BBTS than HLJ and the others. Can someone explain it to me? I usually get Hasbro releases and don't get Takara stuff until it's already here in the USA. Are the taxes and tariffs really that high for a retailer like BBTS?

Because, GREED.
AutoBorst
Minibot

Postby durroth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Dead Metal wrote:Man it's awesome. I don't think I've ever been this exited for Bumblebee. :D

Just one thing, did they put in the whole face-plate swapping gimmick, exclusively for the amazon battle-mask? That's a little excessive. Or will there be a different face with the toy to swap out, cos from the picks it doesn't look like that.

I just relooked at the pics, there's two faces with the toy. One mouth closed/serious, one smiling/mouth open
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Stormrider » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
User897 wrote:I still don't understand why Bumblebee is so much more expensive at BBTS than HLJ and the others. Can someone explain it to me? I usually get Hasbro releases and don't get Takara stuff until it's already here in the USA. Are the taxes and tariffs really that high for a retailer like BBTS?

Is shipping cost being taken into consideration?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby wilcosu35 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Stormrider wrote:

i can understand why their prices are higher, even though i think they're expensive. they have to buy the thing, ship it over to the US, pay import taxes, and on top of that they have to make a profit too.
'Met grijze worst, lekker warm, formaat afgeschoten kinderarm.
Wordt in Utrecht zeer terecht, al eeuwenlang het brood belegd'
wilcosu35
Headmaster

Postby Siger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Changing faces is kinda interesting, though it's not something I look for on TF toys. That battle mask looks stupid though. I don't care how much of a throwback that is, at least put a pair of eyes on it.
Siger
Fuzor

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Beeeeeeeeeee! I neeeed you!

Never thought I'd hear myself say that. :lol: These pictures make me happy. His face looks a little chubby though? I guess that's kind of accurate. Anyway, this is probably as close to the perfect G1 Bumblebee they could do, so I'm perfectly content with it. :x
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby durroth » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Siger wrote:Changing faces is kinda interesting, though it's not something I look for on TF toys. That battle mask looks stupid though. I don't care how much of a throwback that is, at least put a pair of eyes on it.
It has a blue visor, you just can't tell because it's not painted.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Let's see who can find the pettiest, most minor detail to complain about.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
GuyIncognito wrote:Let's see who can find the pettiest, most minor detail to complain about.
I hate the particular shade of gray they used for this prototype's left knee joint! :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
wilcosu35 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

i can understand why their prices are higher, even though i think they're expensive. they have to buy the thing, ship it over to the US, pay import taxes, and on top of that they have to make a profit too.

Last I heard, the US doesn't pay import taxes. At least, that's what a lot of people claim.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Siger » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 pm

durroth wrote:
Siger wrote:Changing faces is kinda interesting, though it's not something I look for on TF toys. That battle mask looks stupid though. I don't care how much of a throwback that is, at least put a pair of eyes on it.
It has a blue visor, you just can't tell because it's not painted.

Ok, thanks for the info. I hope it looks good cause I still don't like the design of that mask. Very pointless to have if it doesn't look good, no?
Siger
Fuzor

Postby Deathscythetransform » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Meh.

just. meh.

it was Meh when they announced the figure, it is stille meh with the pictures, it is still meh with the gimmick face changing thingy and the character in exo-suit (spike would be more logic since he was bee's partner and not Daniel) and it is still meh with the g1 face thing.

but now that we are certain that yellow bug will be released, can someone give us a masterpiece on G1 JAZZ for crying out loud!!!
Deathscythetransform
Minibot
Watch Deathscythetransform on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Deathscythetransform wrote:it is still meh with the gimmick face changing thingy and the character in exo-suit (spike would be more logic since he was bee's partner and not Daniel)
Who said that it isn't Spike?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Lucky for those who ordered the Amazon exclusive. I wish I could.............only managed to get a hold of one via another Japan store and now this "bug" is all sold out.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:48 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
durroth wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Man it's awesome. I don't think I've ever been this exited for Bumblebee. :D

I just relooked at the pics, there's two faces with the toy. One mouth closed/serious, one smiling/mouth open

Oh wow, you're right, now that I look at them again I can totally see the difference. I think I'll go with the smiling face, unless the final version doesn't look as good as the serious one.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby craggy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:52 am

the changing face and facemask will probably come in handy when they do the Goldbug repaint too. Although I'd like Goldbug's face to have a bit more of a defined mouthguard, more like Prime or Soundwave than the toy accurate G1 Bee's quite flat face.

edit: wonder if it will be Goldbug, or if they'll got for a similar G2 style Bee?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 am

craggy wrote:the changing face and facemask will probably come in handy when they do the Goldbug repaint too. Although I'd like Goldbug's face to have a bit more of a defined mouthguard, more like Prime or Soundwave than the toy accurate G1 Bee's quite flat face.

edit: wonder if it will be Goldbug, or if they'll got for a similar G2 style Bee?
Thoguh he's also a VW Bug, Goldbug has a whole different body-type from Bumblebee that mere headsculpt change simply wouldn't cut it.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deathscythetransform » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Deathscythetransform wrote:it is still meh with the gimmick face changing thingy and the character in exo-suit (spike would be more logic since he was bee's partner and not Daniel)
Who said that it isn't Spike?

I read it was not confirmed that the character was either Daniel or Spike.
Hope that's spike.
Deathscythetransform
Minibot
Watch Deathscythetransform on YouTube

Postby Sideshow Sideswipe » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Motto: "Fritos are the right of all hungry beings"
Weapon: Shotgun
At first I was going to cancel my preorder and cut my losses with this line as I have literally NO desire to get the exo-suit. But the more I see of the bee, the more I want it. Can someone tell me how to preorder this item and get the additional faceplate?
God, save me from your followers.

Sideshow Sideswipe
Fuzor
News Credits: 70
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: Infinity

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Can someone tell me how to preorder this item and get the additional faceplate?

The faceplate is an Amazon Japan exclusive, so unless you know someone in Japan or you have some means of ordering from Amazon Japan, you'll have to settle for the version without the faceplate or wait for scalpers to put the Amazon version on eBay.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Can someone tell me how to preorder this item and get the additional faceplate?

The faceplate is an Amazon Japan exclusive, so unless you know someone in Japan or you have some means of ordering from Amazon Japan, you'll have to settle for the version without the faceplate or wait for scalpers to put the Amazon version on eBay.

I find that all the Asian retailers have "amazon Japan" exclusives. and Japanese retailers does not. strange. RK would have them but HLJ would not.

Also BBTS and US retailers sells them too. at a price increase.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm sure that at least one 3rd party company will make a kit with a diverse selection of alternative face designs and expressions. I'm interested only in the two cartoon ones though.
Last edited by Cyberpath on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunbow style toy-accurate GEARS & WINDCHARGER
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Siger » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Cyberpath wrote:I'm sure that at least one 3rd party company will make a kit with a diverse selection of alternative face designs and expressions. I'm interested only in the two cartoon ones though.

Like bumblebee O face? No thanks!
Siger
Fuzor

Postby padfoo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Looks absolutely fantastic, I can imagine it in color.
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM344 4C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210485 4B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 #0 IDW Comics 2019 JUN190704 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210479 30A (CA) Simeone (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight CLIFFJUMPER RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 (CA) Coller 231208C"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of ARCEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221657 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON