This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Colour Images of the Transformers Movie Optimus Prime from ToyFair

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Colour Images of the Transformers Movie Optimus Prime from ToyFair

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:04 am

An interview with Hasbro Director of Marketing Greg Lombardo Regarding the New Movie toys. Featuring clear colour images of Prime. Personally I think he looks very reminisant of RID Prime, especially around the thigh area. There's something that looks really really wrong about this toy but I'm just not sure what it is.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/ ... 382592.cfm

Yours AK
Last edited by Alex Kingdom on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alex Kingdom
Banned
News Credits: 1093

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:06 am

Hmmm... I still like Ultimate Prime better. This guy's legs are just a little too short for me.
Milanion
Combiner
News Credits: 4

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 am

Milanion wrote:Hmmm... I still like Ultimate Prime better. This guy's legs are just a little too short for me.

Ultimate Prime? Who the?

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned

Postby General Magnus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 am

i like it :grin:
General Magnus
Pretender

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:18 am

Alex Kingdom wrote:
Milanion wrote:Hmmm... I still like Ultimate Prime better. This guy's legs are just a little too short for me.

Ultimate Prime? Who the?

Yours AK

The more detailed one with the "smokestack" guns. I just call him that for lack of better name.
Milanion
Combiner

Postby Pyramitus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:19 am

That pretty sweet I will be Purchasing that.
Pyramitus
Micromaster

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:22 am

Milanion wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:

Ultimate Prime? Who the?

Yours AK

The more detailed one with the "smokestack" guns. I just call him that for lack of better name.

Yeah that one does look better, but they both look more like guys in masses of body armour rather than sentient robots don't you think? I quite like this toy, it look a lot like RID Prime who is one of my favourite Prime toys, however the crotch/waist area look a bit ****, and I'm not big fan of the head design.

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned

Postby God Magnus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:25 am

Motto: "I'd reach for the stars but I can't find my arms."
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Is it just me or does Prime look incredibly sad? Not "pathetic" sad but "he's gonna start crying and tell you stories about his dead robo-puppy for three hours" sad.
The Harbinger of Jell-O Puddin' Pops!

If you are flamable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg
My BotCon '08 pics.
God Magnus
Godmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Immortal Starscream » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 am

i think ak what your seeing that may be wrong is his legs look a little short and skinny with kibble, his arms look a little skinny, wereas his forearms are huge, and too long.

i still realy like him however.coun this as one of the movie garbage ill be getting

EDIT: also i dont think theyve finished transforming primes feet, since his toes arent flipped out, and are those minicin connenectors on top of his feet?
Last edited by Immortal Starscream on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 am

Alex Kingdom wrote:
Milanion wrote:
Alex Kingdom wrote:

Ultimate Prime? Who the?

Yours AK

Yeah that one does look better, but they both look more like guys in masses of body armour rather than sentient robots don't you think? I quite like this toy, it look a lot like RID Prime who is one of my favourite Prime toys, however the crotch/waist area look a bit ****, and I'm not big fan of the head design.

Yours AK

Pretty much agree 100%. RiD is one of my favorite Primes as a matter of fact, in both modes.

I think I'll hold out for other movie Prime versus this guy though. Waist and legs are just too "off" for me.
Milanion
Combiner

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:46 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I liked the read, thought it was interesting. I like the bot mode, but I think its the head that turns me off.

Also re-front paged and credited AK :wink:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Bed Bugs » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
ME.....WANT........NOW!!!! :grin:
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby FellintoOblivion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:02 pm

He looks much more 'organic' which is the look I think they were going for in this movie.
Looking for the Megatron gun (or just the stock) that came with 20th anniversary MP Optimus Prime.
FellintoOblivion
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Loki120 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:26 pm

I actually like the toy better than the movie itself...go figure.
Loki120
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Alex Kingdom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:36 pm

I'll say this for him, excluding Alt Prime, he does have the most realistic alt-mode of any Prime ever. Its a pity his robot mode looks so......bizarre.

Yours AK
Alex Kingdom
Banned

Re: New Colour Images of the Transformers Movie Optimus Prime from ToyFair

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:39 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Alex Kingdom wrote:There's something that looks really really wrong about this toy but I'm just not sure what it is.

It's too bulky?

Kibbilish..
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I like the design actually, but I can't get over the head. He just looks...I dunno...off. That's really my only gripe about these movie figs.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby AbsumZer0 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:51 pm

His upper and lower body halves don't match-up. Maybe if they'd given him some kind of loincloth-shaped decoration to conceal it it would look better, but as it is, meh.

The Voyager class Prime we saw a shot of earlier looks better in terms of proportions but they'll probably find a way to botch his alt mode. That, and the single image we've seen doesn't make it clear whether he has a left hand or whether his smokestack gun is his hand.
AbsumZer0
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rijie » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Motto: "Faith will crumble before the rage of philosophy."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
I agree that he looks...odd. But I like him.
I told the fire to go **** itself, and it did.

Rijie Seeking:

Botcon 2009--Souvenir Sweeps
Botcon 2010--Souvenirs Rapido, Scorch/Shattered Glass Ravage

MISP preferred, but will consider opened NM/Complete, especially for older figures. Lots of TFs for trade! Please PM any inquiries, serious interest only!
Rijie
Brainmaster
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Overcracker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
The Voyager Prime we saw, is better proportioned. Than this, he is too bulky and his chest looks nothing like the movie design chest. something is off. I have a feeling his transformation is not complete, Some panels need to be moved. and his fit definitely look unfinished. He has toes if I'm not mistaken, not just a big stump for a foot.

Not sure I'll pick him up. but alas, I'm already picking up so much of this line. I'm sure this guy will give my wallet a well deserved rest.

*EDIT* He's got opposable thumbs, and poseable finger sections apparently.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Milanion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 pm

I think his "knee cap area" might be transformed wrong - the should stick up higher, I think. That would make the lower leg seem more proportionate. Also, his "toes" are missing, but I think they are there - just not flipped out.

edit - his toes are flipped out in another picture.
Last edited by Milanion on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milanion
Combiner

Postby Big Convoy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Worst Optimus Prime toy, EVER!
Big Convoy
Mini-Con

Postby Tusko » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:39 pm

It gives me a real Powermaster Prime feel. That overly built up feel is there. The alt mode is great. I will wait until I see more pics though as I'd like him to be cleaner.
Tusko
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Nico » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Not enough blue on the leg!
Nico
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Hans » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Hmmm... I still absolutely despise every single movie design I've seen so far, but I must admit... that Prime figure ain't bad at all...

Of course I'll like it less when those ridiculous toes are flapped out.
Hans
Fuzor
News Credits: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #2 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS: THE MANGA Vol 1 variant Classic TV Japanese Comics Viz 2020 HC New"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS: THE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2013 5A (CA) Christiansen"
Transformers Prime ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 9A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON