This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Figure King 194 Scan: First Color MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-22 Ultra Magnus Teaser, MP Star Saber Art More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Figure King 194 Scan: First Color MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-22 Ultra Magnus Teaser, MP Star Saber Art More

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Taghobby.com has posted a couple of new scans from Figure King magazine #194 featuring upcoming Masterpiece figures. We get our first look at MP-20 Wheeljack in color, a teasing silhouette image of MP-22 Ultra Magnus and work in progress art from the forthcoming Masterpiece Star Saber. The scans also feature Movie Advanced AD01 Optimus Prime, Kabaya Series 8 and Transformers Cloud Brawn and Starscream.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Figure King 194 Scan: First Color MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-22 Ultra Magnus Teaser, MP Star Saber Art More

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wheeljack - Wish the windshield was light blue or clear.

Also, too much green.

Magnus - Nice to finally see something.

AD01 Optimus Prime - Yikes! Drastically different from Hasbro's! :shock:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Figure King 194 Scan: First Color MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-22 Ultra Magnus Teaser, MP Star Saber Art More

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
MAGNUS!!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:36 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ultra Magnus is a Phase-Sixer. :lol: I guess he can handle that now! :lol:

Wheeljack, so good! It's true his bot mode has more green than in the cartoon, but that's the sacrifice they have to make for a more accurate car mode. Which looks amazing, by the way. A little lighter on the sponsors than I was expecting, but they got the big ones right. I'm surprised to see the car doors end up on his legs. I still haven't quite grasped the transformation, but it looks cool. The one criticism I have is that his waist looks really weak and flimsy. I guess a lighter windshield would be nice. They must've been going for car mode accuracy for that too.

What's with OP being so silver?

Also have to say those Kabaya kits are looking good, although I'm unsure if I want to continue with the series.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby PadForce » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am

I am unspeakably excited about Ultra Magnus and very happy that we have reached the silhouette milestone.

Does anyone have an opinion on Magnus' release timetable? So we received a silhouette of Bee a month or two ago and he is due for release in November, could we see Magnus by December or is that being too optimistic?
PadForce

Postby PadForce » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:20 am

And what is a phase 6-er? Six transformation steps?
PadForce

Postby feeiq90 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 am

Motto: "pew peww peeww~~"
Weapon: Destabilizer Electromagnetizer Gun
man all those black parts on WJ should be grey :-(

PadForce wrote:And what is a phase 6-er? Six transformation steps?

its a pun,reference to the IDW comics lol..but in the magazine it shows that magnus is in phase 6, i guess he'll be released AFTER an MP star saber which is phase 5..
feeiq90
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby TimothyR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:32 am

wow.. the colors on wheeljack are very disappointing... he still looks great.. he just doesn't have that same "straight from the cartoon" look that the others do.

i hope they release some sort of exclusive with a simpler more animation accurate color scheme..

prowl, blue streak and smokescreens real world paint jobs translate really well to looking like the show, this however falls REALLY short in giving off the same effect.

also.. magnus looks like he's going to be my favorite masterpiece.. right now it's prowl.. but magnus just looks incredible.. i'm super excited for bumblebee and wheeljack.. but i'm two times as excited for magnus.. so exciting.

what a GREAT time to be a G1 fan.
Last edited by TimothyR on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby PadForce » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:34 am

feeiq90 wrote:man all those black parts on WJ should be grey :-(

its a pun,reference to the IDW comics lol..but in the magazine it shows that magnus is in phase 6, i guess he'll be released AFTER an MP star saber which is phase 5..

Damn that is disappointing, I will assume he is due 2015 then :(
PadForce

Postby TimothyR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 am

PadForce wrote:
feeiq90 wrote:man all those black parts on WJ should be grey :-(

Damn that is disappointing, I will assume he is due 2015 then :(

well.. i think takara's plans were to do two small molds and one large per year.. so.. magnus would fit the large figure, but that's assuming star saber is counted as an extra rather than part of the normal G1 line.. i doubt it'll be that way, but i'm WAY more interested in magnus than i am for saber. whichever one comes out first, i assume they'll be out around christmas time.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby SkyWarpsGhost » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:21 am

Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
I'm really very surprised to see any sponsorship logos on Wheeljack. I'm liking what I see a lot, glad I've ordered two.
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Sentinel Prime
moc-kreo-legoformer-sentinel-prime-t98257.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Nemesis Prime v2
moc-kreo-legoformer-nemesis-prime-v2-t97374s100.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Dotm Megatron
moc-kreo-legoformer-megatron-t97289.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Prime and Magnus
transforming-legokreoformer-optimus-magnus-t94770s200.php
SkyWarpsGhost
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Courage: 6
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:39 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
WJ on August 2014 barring delays
BB on December 2014

SS 1st 2015
UM 2nd 2015
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby KirbyForce1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:27 am

The way they've got that Optimus posed makes it looks SO much nicer than all the previous pics, and I just want it even more! :D
KirbyForce1
Fuzor
Watch KirbyForce1 on YouTube

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Blinged out Leader Prime? Nice, but I'll try for the regular Leader (as a reminder, it's a different mold from the First Edition one). By the by, it look like TakaraTomy will follow Hasbro's lead by putting the Movie toys in Generations as well.

Is it me, or does MP Wheeljack transform similar to Rodimus? I see pieces of the back in the chest area.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:22 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nice to finally hear an update on Ultra Magnus.

Wheeljack looks alright, but I'm not particularly attayched to him.

Urgh, I need more than concept sketches for Star Saber! He and MP11 Starscream are the ones I really want the most.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Wh33l Jck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:32 am

What the heck are they doing to Wheel Jack?

White with a big orange dot on the hands?????
stripes just above the waist????
super dark windshield?????
big ugly pin marks on the hips with anemic thighs??????

I would rather them put this project on hold until they get it right....
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:47 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
warzon3 wrote:What the heck are they doing to Wheel Jack?

Certain compromises have to be made. Mind you, this is a transforming figure so you can't expect it to be fully proportional or should I say not proportional as the original figure was.

Iirc, my 1980's Tomica Lancia Stratos despite having diffent scales had wayyyyyyyyyy different proportions compared to the somewhat blocky Takara Diaclone. The MP version seems to be following the real world car proportion, same with BB.

In the end, I know you're going to buy him or else he'll be sold out and you'll regret it to the end
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:12 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
warzon3 wrote:What the heck are they doing to Wheel Jack?

The orange dots are the back lights of his alt-mode.
And if they or any of the other deco choices where missing you'd complain about the alt-moe sucking.

I think Wheeljack looks OK, kinda disappointed myself though, but I'll reserve real judgement till we see better pics of him, ones that aren't on a white background and low quality.

Magnus looks as interesting as a silhouette can, only thing I get from it is that it's finally officially official that he's coming.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Ultra Magnus is scheduled to come out in August with Wheeljack. Since it's based on MP-10 and has been in development since before MP-10 came out. Silhouette means a prototype is made while Star Saber is still only showing designs.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby KirbyForce1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 pm

What are these so-called "phases"? Ultra Magnus is phase 6, Star Saber is phase 5, and AOE Optimus is phase 1. What does this mean?

Also, do the AOE leader Optimus and Grimlock figures have any lights and/or sounds?
KirbyForce1
Fuzor

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Pedantry Alert:

Why do sites always call furtive pics snapped at the newsagent "scans"?
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby PadForce » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:53 pm

zodconvoy wrote:Ultra Magnus is scheduled to come out in August with Wheeljack. Since it's based on MP-10 and has been in development since before MP-10 came out. Silhouette means a prototype is made while Star Saber is still only showing designs.

August? I dont know much about this at all, but with Bee, MP 21 due to be out in Nov from everything I have read, why would Magnus (MP 22) be out 4 months before that? Dubious.
PadForce

Postby Deathscythetransform » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:54 pm

IF and I do mean IF I buy AOE Optimus prime, it will only be for the vehicule mode.
the robot mode still disgust me.

Too much green on wheeljack, but I can live with that.

Starsaber? don't know that guy and I dont want to know him. Think of me as selfish, but I'd rather see Ultra Magnus (to which I am more familiar wit than that saber guy) be released before starsaber. Seeing only a shadow of him make me want him more than ever.

as someone said, its a good time to be a G1 addict!
Deathscythetransform
Minibot
Watch Deathscythetransform on YouTube

Postby KirbyForce1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 pm

NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:Pedantry Alert:

Why do sites always call furtive pics snapped at the newsagent "scans"?

Because the pages have been scanned though a printer.
KirbyForce1
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
KirbyForce1 wrote:What are these so-called "phases"? Ultra Magnus is phase 6, Star Saber is phase 5, and AOE Optimus is phase 1. What does this mean?
Based on this setup and the schedule fenrir72 posted, I'd say these phases represent quarterly scehdules of the year.

Phase 1 = 2014 Quarter 1/Spring 2014
Phase 2 = 2014 Quarter 2/Summer 2014
Phase 3 = 2014 Quarter 3/Fall 2014
Phase 4 = 2014 Quarter 4/Winter 2014
Phase 5 = 2015 Quarter 1/Spring 2015
Phase 6 = 2015 Quarter 2/Summer 2015
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of WINDBLADE #1 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221747 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926O"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #21 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 21B MAR200701 (CA) Su"
TRANSFORMERS #21 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210456 39B (CA) Simone"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926K"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220443 War's 3B (CA) Margevich"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON