This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Colors!

That's also a ridiculous amount of small text. I see it's in 3-4 languages, but still.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Bouncy X wrote:so with this toy and the new movie, we see Prime being in his original alt form but still using the live action robot model. so if this was possible, why didn't they just use that alt form to begin with? or was it bay who wanted a long nose cuz it was more rad or something?

I think the real reason is ego. He changed it so he could put his signature on it.

Prime's original face and red White Freightliner mode are two of the most iconic things from Transformers.

OptimusPrime.jpg

I like the instructions, too! Looks like they used a nicer version of the toy there. (Different head sculpt and shoulders paint.)
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Flashwave » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Cyberpath wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:so with this toy and the new movie, we see Prime being in his original alt form but still using the live action robot model. so if this was possible, why didn't they just use that alt form to begin with? or was it bay who wanted a long nose cuz it was more rad or something?

I think the real reason is ego. He changed it so he could put his signature on it.

Prime's original face and red White Freightliner mode are two of the most iconic things from Transformers.

OptimusPrime.jpg

I like the instructions, too! Looks like they used a nicer version of the toy there. (Different head sculpt and shoulders paint.)

The reasoning I heard was actually that there simnply tend to me more nosed trucks than cab-overs on the highway nowadays, which tends to match what I see in Indiana, although other states may very and there are plenty of older cab-overs still out there.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Noideaforaname wrote:That's also a ridiculous amount of small text. I see it's in 3-4 languages, but still.

That's because it's the Canadian version.
English, French, and... Spanish.
Why Spanish is there as well? Only English and French are required for anything Canadian. To distribute it in the USA, and the rest of the Americas, of course. Hasbro should do it for ALL the Hasbro toys. Add Portugese too. That way, ONE packaging for North and South Americas. That would be logical and cost-effective. That way, no regions would miss out on any TFs because of stupid language issues.
Of course, Hasbro will never do it because the Americans are usually queasy about acknowledging that other cultures and languages exist.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby W4t3rw4g0n » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:28 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
W4t3rw4g0n wrote:Get ready for more scrappy looking weak skeleton form robot modes from yet another crappy movie. Man I had hopes they wouldn't completely blow it this time but no luck. The only thing that they got right is optimus primes vehicle mode. But then he transformes into a skeleton looking robot. Where's the beef?

Sheesh... So, you went through the trouble of registering and loging in to this site only to puke pure hatred as your first post ever? Way to go.

Well, YOU see a "skeletton" here:
Me, I see a glorious and beefy samurai, an anime-esque demon warrior.

Bah, I'm wasting my time. It's like explaining colors to the blind.

I was referring to prime. Yes I feel he is way to skinny. I've been a fan since day one in the 80's so yes I do know what I'm talking about. Don't judge my knowledge on transformers based on forum posts. Compared to their G1 counterparts the movie versions are very skinny and scrappy looking. The don't look solid enough for my taste. As for grimlock he looks a little stronger but doesn't look like grimlock at all. Not the grimlock I grew up with. I had hopes for this movie, but it looks like stike 4 from Michael bay. But I'm sure plenty of you fan boys will eat it up though.
W4t3rw4g0n
Mini-Con

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:51 am

Flashwave wrote:The reasoning I heard was actually that there simnply tend to me more nosed trucks than cab-overs on the highway nowadays, which tends to match what I see in Indiana, although other states may very and there are plenty of older cab-overs still out there.
It's the other way around here, I see about 50 cabovers for every one long nose.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 pm

It's that simple."
W4t3rw4g0n wrote:I was referring to prime. Yes I feel he is way to skinny. I've been a fan since day one in the 80's so yes I do know what I'm talking about. Don't judge my knowledge on transformers based on forum posts. Compared to their G1 counterparts the movie versions are very skinny and scrappy looking. The don't look solid enough for my taste. As for grimlock he looks a little stronger but doesn't look like grimlock at all. Not the grimlock I grew up with. I had hopes for this movie, but it looks like stike 4 from Michael bay. But I'm sure plenty of you fan boys will eat it up though.

Yeah, I get it. You're a hardcore Geewunner.
So, if you completely hate the movie design, or any desings that is not "G1 enough", why bother posting in this thread at all? It's like going to a brocoli recipes thread just to say that you hate brocoli.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
-Kanrabat- wrote:Of course, Hasbro will never do it because the Americans are usually queasy about acknowledging that other cultures and languages exist.

Statements like this aren't true, they're offensive, and not necessary.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:56 pm

It's that simple."
Autobot032 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Of course, Hasbro will never do it because the Americans are usually queasy about acknowledging that other cultures and languages exist.

I may have exagerated and used a tired stereotype, but I'm kinda justified. Mostly because each times a toy reviewer take a look at the packaging, if there's any language other than English on the box, they look at it like it's really weird or the most bizzare thing in the world. There's even one reviewer who couldn't tell the difference between French and Spanish! I thought you guys learn basic Spanish in school.

Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood. However, the rest of the world accept the dubs. No country would ever remake an American movie locally instead of dubbbing it. Ever.
Finally, most Americans know the rest of the world only through stereotypes. (In all honesty, everyone is guilty of it, no matter where they are from.)

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood.
What about every Studio Ghibli movie dubbed by Disney? The latest one by Hayao Miyazaki, The Wind Rises, was nominated for Best Animated Picture, losing to Frozen.

Spirited Away even DID win Best Animated Picture back in the day.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

I may have exagerated and used a tired stereotype, but I'm kinda justified. Mostly because each times a toy reviewer take a look at the packaging, if there's any language other than English on the box, they look at it like it's really weird or the most bizzare thing in the world. There's even one reviewer who couldn't tell the difference between French and Spanish! I thought you guys learn basic Spanish in school.

Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood. However, the rest of the world accept the dubs. No country would ever remake an American movie locally instead of dubbbing it. Ever.
Finally, most Americans know the rest of the world only through stereotypes. (In all honesty, everyone is guilty of it, no matter where they are from.)

Apparently we have a communication problem, here. My post wasn't a matter of discussion. That was a member of the staff telling you it was inappropriate. That's the moment when you should've said "You're right, it was unnecessary. I apologize to everyone." Instead, you kept it going with another statement involving a group/nationality/whatever and putting another zinger in there.

Again, not appropriate. So let me make it abundantly clear: Knock it off with the stereotypes, offensive phrasings, singling people out and rude behavior. I grow tired of people being offensive and disrespectful to one another.

This message board is for everyone, not just you.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:30 pm

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Another unrelated reason. There's a great foreign movie? Dubs will fail so let's remake it in Hollywood.
What about every Studio Ghibli movie dubbed by Disney? The latest one by Hayao Miyazaki, The Wind Rises, was nominated for Best Animated Picture, losing to Frozen.

Spirited Away even DID win Best Animated Picture back in the day.

Of course, any animated movies are an exception. A cartoon character MUST be dubbed for it to properly exist and putting some hollywood street cred in it is easy and not weird at all. (BTW, LOVE the Ghibli. My fave is Howl's Moving Castle.)

I would really LOVE to see a French LIVE ACTION movie being dubbed by some Hollywood big shots. Arnold Swhartzenneger dubbing Gérard Depardieu, Vin Diesel dubbing Jean Reno, Lady Gaga dubbing Audrey Tautou. **** would be hillarious!

Speaking of French movies, many, MANY French blockbusters have been remade in Hollywood. Just do a Google search and see how much of your favorite American movies are actually remakes from French movies! The really weird thing is, most of these remakes were then dubbed in French and released in Quebec and... France! Often, I saw the remake before the original. I grew up with French dubs. However, now that I know my English, I don't tolerate them anymore and I prefer to watch any movies in their original language. I want to hear the real actor act, not his "ghost".

Anyway, let's get back on topic before we get a Red Card. :HEADHURTS:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby TerranPrime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Cyberpath wrote:I like the instructions, too! Looks like they used a nicer version of the toy there. (Different head sculpt and shoulders paint.)

Yeah, what is the deal with that? The instructions show a awesome face and MUCH nicer paint apps - especially the shoulders. The release, with the blue upper arms, make his shoulders look horrible.

Maybe the version in the instructions will be an exclusive for Toys R US, Target, or Walmart. That is the one I will be looking for!
TerranPrime
Mini-Con

Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Once again, Hound Meta has shared an image on The Ragin Nation Facebook page, and this time, it's an in-package promotional image of another Transformers: Age of Extinction Dino Sparker set - Bumblebee riding the two-headed, blue-coloured Dinobot Strafe. Check out the mirrored image below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Strafe actually looks kinda terrifying.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

I'd like to see these Sparker things painted. I bet they'd make impressive display pieces with a bit of work.

*still waiting to see Dinobots that are "just right" for me, i.e. Cyberverse or Kreons (not the brick-built sets)*
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm

It's that simple."
At first, the trailer of the new TF4 movie looked like a disapointing copy/pasta of DotM.

Then, we see TF riding modda fawking dinobots! :BOWDOWN:

Please, PLEASE, let this awesomness be in the movie!
(And less silly humans, for crying out loud.)

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Re: Official Transformers: Age of Extinction In-Package Images of Dino Sparker Bumblebee with Strafe

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Man, these Dino Sparkers have no paint. They could have least put some more paint on Strafe besides making him all light blue. In the end, they all look like a bunch of McDonald's toys. :BANG_HEAD:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Rated X » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:57 pm

It's that simple."
Rated X wrote:Melt em down and use the plastic to make actual transformers...

HEY! THAT'S MEAN!
These things can transform, you know. Into a club to bludgeon things with, a paperweight, a doorstop, ect... The possibilities are endless. ENDLESS I TELL YOU!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby President-prime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:28 pm

All you guys complain about the chrome in the wrong places, but do you ever consider maybe the chrome in the wrong places would be scratched out when transformed. Just saying. Maybe the chrome in the "right Places" does not do well for either the robot mode or the alt mode. Maybe chrome on the chest or on the hip rubs out when you transform him. Just saying. I however, love chrome. any voyager or larger redecorated with chrome is bought on site. just saying.
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby President-prime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Personally, one of the few reason why the First Edition AOE Optimus Prime had lots of chrome is because it's a shellformer. Imagine that same toy (with all the chrome on his chest) transformed like the Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime. The chrome would just get killed. Just saying.
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Complaints about lack of paints?!?

Despite my lack of interest in owning these Sparker things, and the fact that TF history has seen a recurrence of toys with sculpted details that lack paint apps necessary to bring them out, I'm pretty sure the idea here is that the details show up when the thing's glowing from the inside, meaning any paint apps would just obscure the effect.

Surely a few dozen customizers will try to improve them, and some will succeed, just not if they miss the point before jumping in.

Seeing Bee on Strafe with that huge-ass lance, I get this weird hunch that he knows what Springer's secret escape plan was in Nightmare Planet. If one of his package bios spells it out, that's the Bee toy I will buy. Otherwise, I got enough yellow already.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby BERSEKAEL » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:13 am

Happy meal toy!!!
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby wolverinetodd » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:11 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Lame!

At least the Firecons and Sparkobots from G1 & G2 transformed. This doesn't appear to do anything other than pull back, release, and let it go and spark. Whoopee!

I understand that HasTak is trying to reach out to a much younger demographic and for that reason I can appreciate the Transformers Rescue Bots line and now the new One-Step Changers. But at least put a little effort into some form of articulation on the Dinobot's part as it looks like Bumblebee is at least removeable and has limited articulation.

Once again I have to point out that instead of creating new subdivisions for each Transformers toy line (that are always doomed to failed), HasTak should concentrate on just a central few. All the creative energy put into these silly subdivisions like these Dino Sparkers could've been put to better use in creating better Deluxe and Voyager figures and even Cyberverse figures. At least put it towards a subdivision with toys that actually transform.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #280 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200419 280B (CA) McKeown"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0723IM803 4E (CA) Martinez (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON