This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby MutantDinosaur » Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Hey folks!

I also found AoE figures at my local Kmart today! I picked up Voyager Grimlock, and Deluxe Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Crosshairs. (If anyone's interested in photos, I will gladly post; just don't want to clog the comments or waste my time if no one's interested.) Grimlock and Strafe rang up just fine, but the other three alerted the cashier to their violation of street date. However, the supervisor on duty didn't get it, so he just had the cashier ring the other three through as additional Strafes, since they appeared similar enough (even though Strafe is in a smaller "Ages 6+" packaging, rather than the slightly larger "Ages 8+" packaging on the other three). No complaints here! :D

Good luck on the hunt everyone!

MutantDinosaur
MutantDinosaur
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu May 01, 2014 4:40 pm

I will always be excited where the Dinobots are concerned. Anything else (Galvatron as a truck?) can go hang itself, but even if AoE Grimlock doesn't look like Grimlock, he's still a Dinobot, and I'm sure I can come up with a fitting name/backstory to justify him standing next to MP Grimlock.

Really most excited by Scorn, though. Slug's swords look cool, too.

I'd prefer G1 colors, but I realize now that I'd end up buying every paint iteration anyway, so I might as well be happy to get these and hope for silver and gold nearer to Christmas.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Mykltron wrote:It took them TWENTY FIVE MINUTES to transform it?! Was that WITH instructions?! They need to play with Transformers more. 8-}

Back when I started collecting, my HFTD Leader OP... It took me 1:30h transforming the damn thing. WITH instructions! What more, there were still a gap on the hood. Only one or two years later did ÉI figured that to remove the gap, you have to rotate the fists just so.

Now, I can transform the thing without instructions in about 15 minutes without instructions. And that include fiddling with the Buster gun.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Forgot to add, after seeing the "review" of Leader Optimus, I will surely get him. Not at full price, mind you, but on a reasonable sale.
Maybe Leader Grimlock too, but onlu if he's on clearance.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby TimothyR » Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Vicalliose wrote:
TimothyR wrote:so why are you here?.. why bother even looking at movie related news? .. i don't understand.
I've really heard this argument too many times. Movie toy news is my concern because once the movie toys start rolling in it results in other announced toys being impossible to find or some waves even being cancelled. This just doesn't bother anyone other than me I guess. At this point I see it being those horrible constructbots ruining my days for the next three years. Also there's some obligatory BB and primes on the way as well. Good times ahead.

Also a lot of you are on about all the good complex toys brought to the table by previous movies, when an awful lot of the stuff shown so far really doesn't look as good to me, and I did pick up some movie toys in the past because of how good they were. The Dinobots do look good but really not enough so for me to buy them, like with Bludgeon and Mindwipe.

william-james88 wrote:Not even autobot Drift?
An ugly butchering of a fan character that was originally made up by a guy who really doesn't like the movies in the first place. Maybe I'll pick it up because of how completely laughable it is. :lol:

you don't think i'm annoyed that the generations figures have been side tracked all this time leading up to the release of the movie line?.. i am. but i'm not going to go on a thread about reviews and sightings of movie toys and say something.

so.. any toy news is your concern because it pushes generations aside.. and you need to state that opinion every time news or a new thread is started about the movie toys?

maybe i'm alone on this, but i like each line of the toys.. they're new, they're something we haven't seen before, and sometimes it's refreshing to get something new. now, after a long time of these things sitting on the shelves forever, i'll be bored and i'll start wanting something new again.

also, you can't really complain about generations stuff being cancelled, i can't recall many generations figures that have been flat out cancelled or unreleased, but i sure as hell can think of a whole bunch of movie figures, that A LOT of people wanted, being cancelled.

from the sounds of it, the generations figures will be running concurrently with the movie figures.. how many of those will get a wide release and how plentiful they'll be is a mystery as of now. but i'm almost positive they'll be easy to acquire online.

if you're going to complain about anything, you should complain about the figures themselves rather than the affect it has on the generations toys.

with how huge grimlock has appeared in the trailers and how formidable he looks.. his leader toy falls REALLY short of that. it's not huge, hell it's not even as tall as previous leaders. and don't get me started on the t rex mold.. it's literally the worst t rex mode we've ever seen. anyone who looked at it and said "looks great, lets start making them" is an absolute moron. i mean, it looks like he just got done being tortured on a rack. i mean, if they can get the voyager looking relatively normal, how is it that the leader looks ridiculous? i REALLY hope that this thing is under $30 at retail, anything more is criminal. i mean, look at the height and mass compared to previous leader figures.. it's atrocious. they're basically saying goodbye to their established leader scale, downsizing and simplifying. personally, i think it's going to blow up in their faces, and with a $45 price tag, i think there's a good chance of that happening.

i do think there are some good aspects to most of the figures, even leader grimlock, most of his robot mode looks fairly nice, but those aspects are negated by horrific color choices. the chrome and goldish orange look terrible. and the other toys are worse, the dinobots specifically. it's sad that i'm going to have to paint this entire line myself.

lastly, you speak of the construct bots.. but what's worse is all of these one step changers, or these figures with push button transformations, or the stupid spinning grimlock.. ALL of that crap combined with the construct bots and the mashers are going to sit for so long and with that, i agree with you. it's just simply awful. and to stop making human alliance figures for this other crap has REALLY pissed me off. i mean, the human alliance figures have been some of the best figures we've gotten out of the movies period. but no, they want to produce all of this other crap that's going to sit forever. maybe they thought the human alliance figures weren't selling.. well, lets see, maybe it was because WAVE 1 WAS A REPAINT OF BUMBLEBEE AND SKIDS!!... and those sat for so long, they probably figured that they weren't selling. and then they had the gall to not find a way to release soundwave and mudflap. it's unbelievable.

anyways. i agree with you that the toy line isn't great.. but i disagree about generations and your stance on how your (collecting) life is ruined because of the movie toys and bringing that up here.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby El Duque » Thu May 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of YouTube's Kraina Bajki we now have the English version of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime. We've embedded the commercial below:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Autobot Megatron » Fri May 02, 2014 12:18 am

Motto: "That's just prime..."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
...Roll out? Really, did they forget how things with legs move?
Still nice for a toy commercial though, if you don't count the whole "legs do not equal wheels thing."*

*I'm being sarcastic here. Sort of. It is a really bad line...
Autobot Megatron
Like Nemisis Prime, but cooler.
Autobot Megatron
Fuzor

Postby KnightAero » Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 am

Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
Some how couple days ago I was able to add Optimus to my cart. Which it then threw it into a "Save it for later."
Today I was able to add it back to my cart and checkout with it... (Page for the item is 404ing... But the product was still able to be in my cart...)

Says I should have him May 14th. There is no way Leader Class is $26! So huge steal on that...
KnightAero
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Spleenzorio » Fri May 02, 2014 5:53 am

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I took a trip to Walmart yesterday and I saw this.

I asked one of the kind folks who work there and they said they won't be on the shelf until May 17. However since about two weeks ago this tag has been on the actual shelf, not on a peg.

Spleenzorio
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
If that wasn't Peter Cullen, it's a darn good impression of him.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri May 02, 2014 11:15 am

So, $16.50 for deluxes at Walmart? I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but somehow actually seeing the tag drives it home.

As much as I love Dinobots, I may have to wait for a sale. I suffer from that horrible condition of being old enough to remember how much I paid for characters like Inferno and Transmetal Megatron during Beast Wars...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Spleenzorio » Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 am

Motto: "I must be a doctor because I'm surrounded by scrubs"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Forgot to meantion I'm in Canada, so the above prices will probably be lower in USA.
Spleenzorio
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Spleenzorio on YouTube
Buy from Spleenzorio on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Amazon has these with a May 11th street date which is a Sunday and Mother's Day. That makes sense since with Prime 2 day shipping you would get them on Tuesday the 13th official roll out day.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
MutantDinosaur wrote:Hey folks!

I also found AoE figures at my local Kmart today! I picked up Voyager Grimlock, and Deluxe Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Crosshairs.

MutantDinosaur

I am surprised they didnt have Bumblebee.
For anyone interested that is near the Montreal (Canada) area, some AoE toys have been available for close to a month now at specialty toy store "Toys on Fire" (you will only find them in store, not on their website). They have the 2 voyagers along with deluxe Slug, Scorn, Crosshairs and Bumblebee.

Along with your confirmation of many of the same characters I would guess that this pretty much makes up the first wave of toys we will get in May. They dont have Strafe but he was under a different code in your store so I do not know if he counts as being part of the same wave.

I guess that means that Hound, Drift, Slash and the Decepticons wont be issued till later. But I can be wrong of course.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I'm so thankful that this answers my question. However, the Polish commercial is better than the English. ;)
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Spleenzorio wrote:Image

$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Mindmaster wrote:$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

Spleenzorio wrote:Forgot to meantion I'm in Canada, so the above prices will probably be lower in USA.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Fri May 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:

Spleenzorio wrote:Forgot to meantion I'm in Canada, so the above prices will probably be lower in USA.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand hope in humanity restored. Be still, rapidly-beating heart of my wallet.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby ScottyP » Fri May 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Mindmaster wrote:
$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

That's Canadian.

Also, weren't Prime RiD Deluxes almost $18 at launch? Or was that $15.99? Anyway, we've seen the day of overpriced deluxes, and it sucked.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri May 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand hope in humanity restored. Be still, rapidly-beating heart of my wallet.

16.90 Canadian = 15.40 American
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ScottyP wrote:
Also, weren't Prime RiD Deluxes almost $18 at launch? Or was that $15.99? Anyway, we've seen the day of overpriced deluxes, and it sucked.

It depends where you went. Some could even be found for 16.99
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Fri May 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
I love how everyone is freaking out about the Deluxes costing that much, but that's the normal Canadian price.
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 pm

If you guys who are upset over the price increase, wait for a sale. We should definitely see some before Christmas
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Autobot032 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:53 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
May 1st, May 14th, May 17th, Cyber Monday... All of these dates and all but the 17th seem to be in limbo. When the heck IS this AoE Cyber Monday we were promised? And will it still be Amazon getting first dibs, or has all of that changed?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Just checked Amazon, the date moved to Monday the 12th or I read it wrong in the first place. More importantly most of the items are now listed as no longer available, either they were pulled or something else happened. FYI check prices as they've got a few of the one step figures listed as Used since some of the packaging may be damaged.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON