This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Optimizzy wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Felzbug already made a review of this guy. Why was there no news post about his review? There was one about his Sharkticon Megatron review some time ago, so why not this one?

There was I think. Isn't this the Target exclusive that's packaged with the DotM Deluxe Prime that's all chromed out?

I could not find any previous Target Grimlock or Takara Leader Prime reviews in the news section, could you please show me a link?

We're working on trying to get as much news out as possible, but some things just slip!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rated X » Tue May 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
GuyIncognito wrote:
Rated X wrote:I dont know why they didnt just paint him like this to begin with.

Because it was originally a WFC figure, not a G1 homage.

And who's to say WFC/FOC characters arent homages ?

Lets see...

Turns into a T-Rex - check

Named Grimlock - check

Head with faceplate - check

Arms form T-Rex's legs - check

Grey and gold - check

Other than the added neo-weirdness to cater to the video game crowd, how is it not a G1 homage ?
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Rated X wrote:I dont know why they didnt just paint him like this to begin with.

Because it was originally a WFC figure, not a G1 homage.

And who's to say WFC/FOC characters arent homages ?

Lets see...

Turns into a T-Rex - check

Named Grimlock - check

Head with faceplate - check

Arms form T-Rex's legs - check

Grey and gold - check

Other than the added neo-weirdness to cater to the video game crowd, how is it not a G1 homage ?

The original release wasn't a 100% homage as it was missing the red pelvis and the colors on the legs. At the most it was 75% :P
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Let me ask you this, X. Would you be asking the same question if, instead of the FOC figure, they used the Animated Grimlock mold for this deco instead?

I'm not denying that FOC Grimlock was a G1 homage, but since Animated Grimlock also meets the same criteria (sans the mouthplate part) you've listed, would you still be asking the same about this deco if it had been given to a new use of the Animated mold instead of the FOC mold?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue May 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Sometimes I think Rated X argues just for the sake of arguing. The Generations Grimlock figure was designed to resemble FoC Grimlock, not G1 Grimlock. Here's a pic of the character. Notice the lack of "G1 style" details. For example, no red, green, and blue on the legs. Also notice the orange (not red) sword. This is what the Generations figure was designed to represent.

GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
=; Looks like Grimlock jizzed his pants .

Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby Rated X » Tue May 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Let me ask you this, X. Would you be asking the same question if, instead of the FOC figure, they used the Animated Grimlock mold for this deco instead?

I'm not denying that FOC Grimlock was a G1 homage, but since Animated Grimlock also meets the same criteria (sans the mouthplate part) you've listed, would you still be asking the same about this deco if it had been given to a new use of the Animated mold instead of the FOC mold?

Well let me start off by saying that I actually bought the animated mold of Grimlock because at the time I thought it was going to be the only time the Dinobots were going to get any kind of love from Hasbro. And yes, I would have loved to have that deco on the animated mold at the time when I bought it. It's just cooler in my personal opinion. On the flip side, I hate the idea of making the AOE Dinobots in G1 colors. Theyre so far from homages that I like them in the bright colors better. That Takara AOE Grimlock and Slag in G1 colors is like putting lipstick on a pig.

I would also have loved to have an Animated Starscream in G1 white instead of that horrible bluish purple with red stripes. If Hasbro could make that happen (and animated Thundercracker) Ive got my cash ready.
Rated X
Banned

Postby Rated X » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:Sometimes I think Rated X argues just for the sake of arguing. The Generations Grimlock figure was designed to resemble FoC Grimlock, not G1 Grimlock. Here's a pic of the character. Notice the lack of "G1 style" details. For example, no red, green, and blue on the legs. Also notice the orange (not red) sword. This is what the Generations figure was designed to represent.

Sugarcoat all you want, but FOC Grimlock IS a homage to G1 Grimlock. Did they make him "neo" to make him different from G1 ? Sure they did. But if you go back to my checklist of G1 Grimlock traits, it's all there...

It's a homage.

Now if you want to talk about AOE Grimlock, youre arguement might be more valid. AOE Grimlock is a homage by name only. I dont even consider it a T-Rex (dino ears WTF ?)
Rated X
Banned

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue May 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Again, yes, each plastic injection mold lasts for only so many uses, but that's not the point. Hasbro and Takara can make more molds when the old ones are used up. Mold "degradation" is a fandom boogeyman. It's not a real issue, especially not in this age of manufacturing technology. There's no such thing as using a "mold" too much and then it's gone forever. What you need to be concerned with is systemic quality control issues when a certain batch of figures are produced. QC problems can be due to a number of different issues at the time of production, and how many times Hasbro and Takara have repainted or retooled a mold in the past isn't really one of them, not in the way most people think.

So, in review:
1) Yes, molds do "degrade" over time, or rather, for each time they are used.
2) Molds made in late 70's and early 80's are likely more costly for Hasbro and Takara to reproduce, so they stretch as much as they can from each, and you get wonky reissues like the G1 Combaticons.
3) Toys are made with computer technology now. The schematics for plastic injection molds are stored on computer, and can be pretty easily recreated thanks to modern manufacturing techniques and technology.
4) You could get a toy that's wonky because it was one of the latter made in a mold that was at the end of its production cycle, but that's not the only mold that exists. When it's done, it's thrown out, and a new one is used (or made if needed).

There is no reason at all to believe that, for instance, the upcoming Classics Prime redeco, is going to be riddled with poor QC because the mold was originally manufactured for 2006. If you get one that has problems, it might be because it was printed in a mold that was almost used up, or it could be any number of other reasons, like poorly prepared batches of plastic, manual manufacturing errors, taking the plastics out of the molds incorrectly, etc. Later runs of the toy might end up using a fresh mold, so two months into it's retail life, you might find better samples out there if the initial ones were problematic. Like I said, "mold degradation" is a boogeyman to transformers fans. It's an often blamed but poorly understood phenomenon that helps people place blame somewhere for their unsatisfactory toys because they don't know better.

A final thought for any who think that manufacturing replacement molds or even reverse-engineering toys back into useable molds for mass production is prohibitively expensive for Takara and Hasbro: Why is the market for high quality knock-offs so profitable?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Target Exclusive Grimlock

Postby Emerje » Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Might those be Sunstorm boxes in the background :-?

I'd like to think if that were true we'd be getting pictures of that instead of Grimlock right now. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Demo Videos of Transformers: Age of Extinction Kre-O Sets Demo Videos

Postby Mindmaster » Tue May 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Via YouTube user Silver Knight, we have a sneak peak of the Age of Extinction Kre-O sets "Lockdown Air Raid", "Optimus Prime Dino Hauler", "Grimlock Street Attack", and "Galvatron Factory Battle"! Check out each video to get a quick look at these Kre-O sets.

They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Zobovor » Wed May 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Motto: "The purpose of communication is not truth, but persuasion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Wolfman Jake wrote:Again, yes, each plastic injection mold lasts for only so many uses, but that's not the point.

I want to preface my response by saying that I'm largely unaware of the history of this discussion forum, so I have no idea how many times or to what extent this subject has been discussed. I'm not even sure if you were replying to me directly or not. If I'm completely misunderstanding your position, I apologize in advance, but I do take strong issue with some of the things you're saying.

Hasbro and Takara can make more molds when the old ones are used up. Mold "degradation" is a fandom boogeyman. It's not a real issue, especially not in this age of manufacturing technology.

I don't see how this line of reasoning follows. Production molds have a finite life span. They are made of metal alloys with limited tensile strength. They can only endure so many production runs before they begin to show signs of heavy wear.

Most toys enjoy a small, comfortable production run of perhaps 100,000 or 200,000 and then their production molds are recycled. That's the industry standard. More rarely, the molds will be pressed into service multiple times. Now, obviously, there are alternative styles of mass-production (LEGO has been producing essentially the same bricks since the 1970's; Mattel's line of Barbie dolls or Hot Wheels cars are, by and large, all the same doll with different clothing or same car with different paint) but typically, a toy represents a unique character, enjoys a unique sculpt, and is quietly retired from service.

Transformers really is the exception to the rule. In recent years we've gotten new versions of toys that have been around since the G1 days, or earlier, and have already been produced dozens of times over. That's not normal. If you study the toys closely, particularly the ones with multiple mold-mates, there is almost always evidence of mold degradation.

There's no such thing as using a "mold" too much and then it's gone forever.

Then is there some other reason you're aware of why Takara has never been able to provide us with G1 reissues of Mirage and Sunstreaker and the Dinobots? Not being confrontational; I'm genuinely asking the question.

Molds made in late 70's and early 80's are likely more costly for Hasbro and Takara to reproduce, so they stretch as much as they can from each, and you get wonky reissues like the G1 Combaticons.

The Combaticons are a great example of this phenomenon because those poor toys have been trotted out so many damn times:

1) G1 Japan edition (launching Onslaught)
2) G1 die-cast versions (neutered launcher)
3) G1 plastic versions
4) Euro Classics (no rub symbol indents)
5) Battle Gaia
6) G2 editions
7) Car Robots Valdigus
8] Robots in Disguise Ruination
9) Armada all-grey "Urban Camo"
10) Wal-Mart "Tiger Force"
11) Takara G1 reissues

The molds were subjected to many modifications and tweaks over the years that it's not even funny. By the time the toys finally came full circle, you got G1 reissues with almost completely different functionality than the vintage G1 units. Some of the changes had nothing to do with mold degradation (adding weapon mounts for G2 Onslaught; giving the Car Robots weapons the ability to combine together) but some changes are absolutely the result of mold fatigue. There are pock marks all over the reissue Combaticons where the molds have begun to degrade. Weapons and accessories no longer fit correctly (Swindle can't hold his own pistol; Bruticus's chest plate no longer locks down).

Now, obviously, a lot of the toys that we get nowadays don't have such a long and sordid history because there aren't too many Transformers on store shelves that have been made available since 1986. We're going to get a new version of Beast Wars Terrorsaur pretty soon (in the form of a one-headed Age of Extinction Strafe), though, who is only a decade younger than the Combaticons, and whose production mold has also seen repeated use. I'll be very interested to get that toy and study it.

Like I said, "mold degradation" is a boogeyman to transformers fans. It's an often blamed but poorly understood phenomenon that helps people place blame somewhere for their unsatisfactory toys because they don't know better.

If there's a long history of fans blaming poorly-designed or badly-engineered toys on simple mold fatigue, I'm not aware of it. I won't speak to that point. With that said, mold degradation is a real phenomenon, demonstrable and measurable, and it surprises me that you're the second person I've encountered now who seems to think it doesn't exist.

A final thought for any who think that manufacturing replacement molds or even reverse-engineering toys back into useable molds for mass production is prohibitively expensive for Takara and Hasbro: Why is the market for high quality knock-offs so profitable?

The short answer is because Zhong Jin is exploiting a consumer demand that the official sources have failed to address.

Of course, Zhong Jin toys don't have to conform to safety regulations, are not subject to drop testing, and don't have to go through trademark approval. They don't pay licensing fees. Perhaps most significantly, they take shortcuts. Some of their products are quite excellent but some of them do not meet the standards of quality I would expect from a genuine Hasbro or Takara product.

My counter-question(s) to you would be: If reverse-engineering molds isn't too expensive for Hasbro or Takara to consider, then why don't they just do it all the time? Why does Hasbro always, always wait for Takara to spend the money to test and/or restore a mold before they reissue a toy themselves? Why are so many reissues of older toys, especially ones with many mold-mates, always riddled with production flaws that did not exist on the original releases? Why would Takara spend the money to retool things like G1 Jazz's face or Cliffjumper's face if it weren't necessary? Can you offer some alternate explanation for the pock marks and poorly-fitting accessories that is not related to mold fatigue?

Zob
Zobovor
Mini-Con
Watch Zobovor on YouTube
Buy from Zobovor on eBay
Alt Mode: Helicycle
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 6
Skill: Infinity

Postby Zobovor » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Clicked the "Submit" button too many times. Don't mind me. I'm clearly Internet illiterate.
Last edited by Zobovor on Wed May 28, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zobovor
Mini-Con
Watch Zobovor on YouTube
Buy from Zobovor on eBay

Postby Zobovor » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Sorry, duplicate post. Just ignore this.
Zobovor
Mini-Con
Watch Zobovor on YouTube
Buy from Zobovor on eBay

Postby El Duque » Wed May 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Courtesy of the Dengeki Hobby Magazine twitter feed we have our first look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Real Figure by FuRyu. Check out the prototype mirrored below. Not surprisingly they also appear to be developing a Bumblebee, just a placeholder image at the moment.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Zobovor, you seemed to clip out certain bullet points from my post while neglecting the others that I believe would have answered your questions before you asked them. Suffice it to say, yes there is a long history of blaming mold degradation or "fatigue" for QC issues, especially if a certain mold has been released more than once. But, my point is not that molds don't wear out and become unusable, it's that they don't wear out and become irreplaceable. More molds can be made when the older ones wear out, and maintaining fidelity with the original product is easier than ever. It's a non-issue not because it doesn't exist, but because it doesn't affect the manufacture of toys in the catastrophic way many fans believe it does. This is especially true of anything made in the last decade or so.

As for the original G1 toys, again, I suspect that it's a lot harder to reverse engineer them for some reason or another, maybe because the original molds are quite scare, so finding good "source material" to manufacture new molds may take a lot of resources. For instance, Sunstreaker was never remolded or redecoed at all, so maybe the original molds are so scare, they've been misplaced over time. On the other hand, you have molds that never say die, like G1 Optimus and Soundwave, which have each gone through several revisions, but nonetheless, endure.

Even if reverse engineering a mold takes money, it must still not be that prohibitive of a cost that knock-off/bootlegs can't turn a tidy profit. If it didn't, no one would bother. It's not just that a hole in the market is there to fill, it's that it's easy to fill, that makes it a worthwhile venture for knock-off manufacturers. However, I think you bring up an excellent point about the licensing, safety testing, and whatnot, that can increase costs on the R&D end of things. While reverse engineering a mold may not cost THAT much objectively, it may not turn enough of a profit for Takara/Hasbros bottom line (such things tend to upset the board of investors). Think of how many reissue G1 Sunstreakers would have to be sold to equal the profits from just "High Octane Bumblebee" from the Generations Age of Extinction line. That said, the modern molds that are getting a lot of use, Classics Optimus Prime, Classics Starscream (et al. Seekers), and even Bumblebee are cash cows for Hasbro, so yeah, it's worth it to keep replacing those molds to produce more product. Kids (and collectors) can't get enough of the big characters. So, you can see how eyes can roll when another retool or repaint of a popular mold comes along and people panic that it will flop around like a rag doll and fit together like a Sweedish CD rack, just because they've seen that mold before.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Based on this image, I'm starting to think that Optimus' shield might have two configurations in the movie. A compacted form that looks like the Leader class figure's shield, and an expanded form like this and the First Edition figure's shields.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu May 29, 2014 12:46 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
ok that prime looks just like a gundam, swap out the head and its a dead ringer.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Mykltron » Thu May 29, 2014 2:54 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Why don't companies producing high end high cost (and therefore not for children) figures realise that we aren't obsessed with OP and Bee? If we get OP we will want Megatron or whoever his nemesis is.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Shadowstream » Thu May 29, 2014 9:56 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Megatron Wolf wrote:ok that prime looks just like a gundam, swap out the head and its a dead ringer.

...is this really the sorry state of Gundam designs these days?
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Thu May 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Shadowstream wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:ok that prime looks just like a gundam, swap out the head and its a dead ringer.

Looks nothing like a Gundam. Looks pretty good to me- I just hope we get a better transforming version of this OP later down the line. I mean, chrome is all well and good, but dat backpack!
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Delta Magnus wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:

Looks nothing like a Gundam. Looks pretty good to me- I just hope we get a better transforming version of this OP later down the line. I mean, chrome is all well and good, but dat backpack!

If it's the same one pre-orders are already sold out at BBTS
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Delta Magnus wrote:

I totally agree. That is my main issue with this Prime and the reason I will never buy it. The new movie esthetic is going for sleeker robots with an asian flare but the trend of simplifying the transformation works in the reverse of that since we end up with bulky transformers that have big backpacks and lots of alt kibble showing up without integrating with the robot(ex: Leader Optimus, Voyager Galvatron, Deluxe Bumblebee, Deluxe Crosshairs, Deluxe Drift).

Here's my favourite example of the movie and toyline going on totally reverse paths:

Movie Drift

Deluxe toy of Drift

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Kre-O G1 Grimlock

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu May 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Just found this on Infinite Earth's Twitter. Looks awesome!

https://twitter.com/InfinteEarths/status/472149483434676224/photo/1

TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Peridot » Thu May 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

I totally agree. That is my main issue with this Prime and the reason I will never buy it. The new movie esthetic is going for sleeker robots with an asian flare but the trend of simplifying the transformation works in the reverse of that since we end up with bulky transformers that have big backpacks and lots of alt kibble showing up without integrating with the robot(ex: Leader Optimus, Voyager Galvatron, Deluxe Bumblebee, Deluxe Crosshairs, Deluxe Drift).

Here's my favourite example of the movie and toyline going on totally reverse paths:

Movie Drift

Deluxe toy of Drift

Um. Asides from the kibble and somewhat inaccurate colors, that Drift is about as movie-accurate as it gets.
Peridot
Combiner
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 3B (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #20 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 20B FEB200654 (CA) Lawrence"
TRANSFORMERS #20 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210502 7RI (CA) Guidry"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM825 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM385 3A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210466 33B (CA) Lloyd (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221677 4RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON