This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well, the Grimlock, Strafe, and Slug Evolution 2-Packs are at least out as of at least last month.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Had to drive 3 states away to find Strafe. My Toys R Us used to have a bunch of them, and I saw a bunch at a Walmart a few weeks ago, but I went back to all those places, and none of them had him. I went to the closest place I could find that had him.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby TransformersFan89 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Ok cool thanks JelZe GoldRabbit and ScottyP! I don't suppose there's any word on a deluxe Stinger or maybe a leader Galvatron is there?
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TransformersFan89 wrote:Ok cool thanks JelZe GoldRabbit and ScottyP! I don't suppose there's any word on a deluxe Stinger or maybe a leader Galvatron is there?
Nope. No word at BotCon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Firepower: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
TransformersFan89 wrote:Ok cool thanks JelZe GoldRabbit and ScottyP! I don't suppose there's any word on a deluxe Stinger or maybe a leader Galvatron is there?
Nope. No word at BotCon.

We might get something at San Diego Comic Con this year, but as of yet, nada.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby bassal » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 am

That is one helluva awesome looking figure. That gun should attach on his face, though, if not that sucks, big time.
bassal
Micromaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Only figures I have so far are Crosshairs, Scorn, and Drift. Surprisingly little complaints. I just got Drift, and boy is he tons of fun. So many nice tight joints and a simple yet effective transformation. He doesn't deserve all the hate. He's a Samurai Bughatti for christ's sake, what's not to love?

I mean, I love robot Samurai too though, and reminds me quite a bit of some incarnation of Yoshimitsu so I'm really tempted to make him commit seppuku but that's just messed up, what is wrong with me?

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Age of Extinction Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Available ToysRUs.com and HasbroToyShop.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The behemoth Stomp & Chomp Grimlock is available to order at ToysRUs.com for $79.99. Click here to see the order page.

You can also get him at HasbroToyShop.com for $79.99 or Kre-O Dinofire Grimlock for $39.99. Below are our in-hand images of both items.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby STngAR » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
News Credits: 5
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Re: AoE Deluxe Class Lockdown on Amazon.com

Postby Superwheeljack » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Motto: "The problem with loyalty to a cause is, that the cause will always betray you"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
indarkestknight wrote:...Isn't he supposed to have a hook hand?

*confused*

Sadly, no.
"This isn't how the story's supposed to end."
—Smokescreen giving a middle finger to the tried and true leadership inheritance patterns.

"You do know that I vanquished Cliffjumper, don't you?"
"Big whoop. I snuffed Hardshell."
—Starscream finally gets his "I killed Cliffjumper" boast shut down by Miko.
Superwheeljack
Vehicon
News Credits: 34
Watch Superwheeljack on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
STngAR wrote:Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

I know. It looks cheap. If I had to give it a price, I'd say $29.99. But as time goes on, things will get more expensive. Soon, a gallon of gas could cost $20. I hope gas companies won't raise the price after the making of this post.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: AoE Deluxe Class Lockdown on Amazon.com

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Superwheeljack wrote:
indarkestknight wrote:...Isn't he supposed to have a hook hand?

*confused*

Sadly, no.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a third party group made a hook accessory that just snapped over his hand.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8

Postby megatronus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:07 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
STngAR wrote:Really can't see spending 80 bucks for that

I know. It looks cheap. If I had to give it a price, I'd say $29.99. But as time goes on, things will get more expensive. Soon, a gallon of gas could cost $20. I hope gas companies won't raise the price after the making of this post.

I don't care how good the joke is (and this one wasn't spectacular)... text never needs to be that small.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
megatronus wrote:I don't care how good the joke is (and this one wasn't spectacular)... text never needs to be that small.

I wasn't trying to joke.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby El Duque » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:36 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have new official images of Takara Tomy's Transformers: Age of Extinction Dual Model Kit (DMK03) Optimus Prime via Amazon Japan. The kit looks quite impressive and offers a very screen accurate and articulated version of the latest incarnation of Optimus Prime. Check him out in the series of images mirrored below:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:03 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Skill: 8

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 am

Looks great. What's with all the silver though? Is that supposed to be the silver knight Optimus? I'm assuming that idea got dumped at the last minute, because in the film I didn't notice any change in color on him. Unless it's just really subtle.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6

Postby TransformersFan89 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Ok thanks! Do you think we'll be seeing any human alliance figures for Age Of Extinction?
TransformersFan89
Mini-Con

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.

And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Shuttershock wrote:
Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

I am really looking forward to owning EM Prime then. I am simply waiting for that Evolution 2 pack to come out since I dont have either of those molds yet (looks like it will be in a while).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Shuttershock wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:...Dayum. That looks pretty sweet. But seeing that, I think it's safe to say that expecting an accurate transforming version of this design is kinda unfair. I mean, by the looks of things this transformation defies the laws of physics. There's no way they could make an even remotely accurate version without major partsforming. And you all know what I think of partsforming.

And THAT'S why I don't really care for this knight design for Optimus. It's neat and all, but it's impossible for designers to work around that in ways that aren't bulky awkward shell-forming. There's really nothing to indicate that he's a truck outside of the smokestacks, so he's near unidentifiable as a Transformer.

Indeed. I do tip my hat to the designers for trying to make the design unusual, refreshing and not obviously an upscaled and heavily detailed toy, but it is a pain for those of us who want a decent figure of it. Granted, the increased simplification of the AoE line doesn't help (at least with the very large toys; the Deluxes and some of the Voyagers look same as usual) but really, I doubt even Studio Half-Eye could make an accurate transforming version of that (although I wouldn't put it past them considering they made "perfect transforming" versions of Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann).

On the plus side, this could help push forward the toy engineering/mech designing arts, so to speak. For a similar example, look at Evangelion; the lithe, organic designs were considered too difficult to render in toy form and thus Gainax were bombarded with requests to make them more toyetic. However, Gainax refused to give on the designs, and the series went on to basically rewrite the rules of anime. Plus, they eventually got a toy contract with Sega and several years later there are now lots of good Evangelion figures. So, Eva and its radical designs changed not only the anime industry, but the toy industry too.

Not that the live-action Transformers movies are up to par with Eva of course, but you get what I mean.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Skill: 8

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:27 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

I am really looking forward to owning EM Prime then. I am simply waiting for that Evolution 2 pack to come out since I dont have either of those molds yet (looks like it will be in a while).

Seems to be the right way to go. I haven't even considered the leader class, mainly because it's to pricey to be a big, kibble strewn mess.

Moreover, once again at that size Optimus doesn't have anyone to challenge him at that size. Galvatron is a shell-forming voyager and Lockdown (the PRIMARY antagonist of the movie) is a tiny deluxe. And it's not even like the other Lockdown toys where he unfolds to be taller than a voyager.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:

Indeed. I do tip my hat to the designers for trying to make the design unusual, refreshing and not obviously an upscaled and heavily detailed toy, but it is a pain for those of us who want a decent figure of it. Granted, the increased simplification of the AoE line doesn't help (at least with the very large toys; the Deluxes and some of the Voyagers look same as usual) but really, I doubt even Studio Half-Eye could make an accurate transforming version of that (although I wouldn't put it past them considering they made "perfect transforming" versions of Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann).

On the plus side, this could help push forward the toy engineering/mech designing arts, so to speak. For a similar example, look at Evangelion; the lithe, organic designs were considered too difficult to render in toy form and thus Gainax were bombarded with requests to make them more toyetic. However, Gainax refused to give on the designs, and the series went on to basically rewrite the rules of anime. Plus, they eventually got a toy contract with Sega and several years later there are now lots of good Evangelion figures. So, Eva and its radical designs changed not only the anime industry, but the toy industry too.

Not that the live-action Transformers movies are up to par with Eva of course, but you get what I mean.

I see your point. However, the main difference here is that the Eva (to my knowledge) do not transform, and have the luxury of having more lithe forms with ball joints.

Now, I'm not saying that they have to transform to be Transformers toys. I'm aware of Action Masters, Pretenders, Revoltech, Robot Heroes and those God awful plastic bricks they make now a days. I'm just saying that Optimus Prime's knight-mode model was never meant to logically become a truck, just a sleek robot. While this is perfectly serviceable with these Dual Models, it has made every other toy that has had to transform be a cluttered, back-heavy kibbled mess that is about as far removed from the screen design as possible. If a screen-accurate transformable toy did exist, such a thing would be Metroplex-scaled, break apart into dozens if not hundreds of panels and hinges, and would be a price point that not even Fansproject would be willing to commit to.

This might be the wrong place to talk about engineering aesthetics, but it's been a pet peeve about this "knight" design for me for a long while now.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:24 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Shuttershock wrote:Credit where credit's due, EM Optimus is an engineering marvel. True, his arms might be a little skinny, but his robot mode is condensed, tight and impressively poseable.

What's really impressive is it's so simple, he basically turns inside-out. Hound even transforms in a similar way. I don't know why they didn't take that approach with leader Optimus and Galvatron.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 MAR200812 9A (CA) Evenhuis (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM859 (CA) Edgar"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON