This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Sadly the silhouettes don't include Snarl. :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :-(
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Yweggo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Watch as the Dinobot one is the SDCC dinobots plus Sludge
Primus apotheosis is my new favorite thing.
Yweggo
Minibot

Postby Heckfire » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
wangson wrote:Hot Shot? Anyone thinks he look more like Tracks?

With a melted face, but yeah.

...y'know some Parental Group is gonna raise a stink about Bumblebee's Satanic Throwing Pentagrams.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I am really looking forward for these figures. I don't care if I have to spend $50 for Bumblebee, Tracks, and Snarl. I hope I won't be disappointed with the Dinobot 5-pack. Black Knight Grimlock was something I didn't expect and was greatly disappointed with the white and brown.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
wake me up when there are some damn bad guys for once.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
wave 3? were the hell is wave 2?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Intelligence: 10

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Those visible robot hands on that Stegosaur mode...

Doubledealer93 wrote:wake me up when there are some damn bad guys for once.

With that 4 :CON: logo on literally all the packaging and everything, you'd expect more than 2 Decepticons. And for there to be actual confirmation on the one that's a Bumblebee repaint.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seeing all these platinum sets I'm glad I'm holding off on getting any of the deluxe figures for now. I got drift because I like blue and the evolution sets to review. I wonder if Prime with trailer is going to be like that Takara set that's supposed to hit this month.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10

Postby durroth » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
there's totally more than 2 badguys! there's three. Galvatron, Lockdown, and Stinger... the rest um... um... dispensor if you live in japan... that's four! four whole badguys! and drift repainted as bludgeon because why haven't hasbro jumped on this yet?
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
durroth wrote:there's totally more than 2 badguys! there's three. Galvatron, Lockdown, and Stinger... the rest um... um... dispensor if you live in japan... that's four! four whole badguys! and drift repainted as bludgeon because why haven't hasbro jumped on this yet?

might not be allowed to due to the Bugati rights.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Wow, that pic makes Bumblebee look horrible! I mean, he's got sloppy paint work on the chest, and the vehicle mode looks awful with the mismatched paint/plastic. At least you know it's not photoshopped or anything.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby RhA » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
You's think someone down the production line would mention that Hot Shot's face looks like it was attacked by some horrible insect. But no.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Slashercon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:35 am

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
None of you can deny...this truly is a sad time for movie fans who are fans of Decepticons. 9+ Autobots in total, 3 extra coming along the way, and 2 cons' being available right now with 1 rumored to come and another available only online or outside the states. Who's smart idea was it to relegate the amount of Decepticons for AOE?! :BANG_HEAD:
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:50 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I do worry that we'll see the end of Transformers again. The movie is just barely breaking even and the exclusives (as of late) are generally for overseas markets. I mean, Optimus Prime is such a household name over in China. The toys seem to sell remarkably well.

Here? The movie's considered a dud because it's not raking in the dough, domestically and the toys? Well, the toys couldn't sell if you tried. I haven't seen this much peg and shelfwarming in a long time, quite possibly ever. All of the stores in NEOH/NWPA are just clogged with TFs. There's no room for new stuff and why would the stores order them, anyway?

I never see kids looking at Transformers anymore. In fact, I don't even see adults looking at them much anymore.

I'll import, if I have to, but I can't imagine the lines are doing too well, especially if the movie isn't. Here's to hoping the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars and the upcoming Prime sequel breathe some life into it all.

*sighs* Are we looking at 1988 (and beyond) all over again? Because we're not going to get another G2, we're not going to get another Beast Wars. I think we're pretty tapped out when it comes to ideas and how to sell it to kids to get them interested.

I find it odd that kids in China, surrounded by devices, still find time to play with toys and desire to, especially after such strenuous hours at school, while here...kids have it pretty easy and want anything digital, but not toys.

Just something that's been rattling around in my head, lately.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

New Age Of Extinction Pre-Orders At Target.Com (1-Step Magic 6 Pack And Silver Knight FE Optimus)

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:25 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Target.com has updated their Transformers listings and have currently active preorders for both the 1-Step Magic Collectors Set and Platinum Edition First Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime. 

The 1-Step Magic Collectors Set consists of:
1-Step Silver Knight Optimus Prime (exclusive to Target), Drift, Lockdown, Grimlock, Slug and Bumblebee in a collector's box and it's currently priced at $49.99 with a tentative release date of September 7th.

Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus is based off of Amazon.com's exclusive First Edition mold and is completely redecoed in silver plastic with black and red paint apps in place of the normal red and blue we've come to know and love. It's also slated for release on September 14th, and will retail for $59.99.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
after one wave. the line nearly burnt out.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: New Age Of Extinction Pre-Orders At Target.Com (1-Step Magic 6 Pack And Silver Knight FE Optimus)

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:47 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Autobot032 wrote:
Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus

This surprised me a lot. It means Platinum editions are no longer toysrus exclusives. I wonder if that means Target will also get that Dinobots set
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:26 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
I read an article yesterday that was talking about the horrible sales numbers for the transformers line in general. It noted the shoddy quality and cheap plastic they are currently using. It went on to say to look for current lines to start bundling toys at slashed prices to help sales. And this is a fine example.

As I predicted before, the transformers line in general is pricing themselves out of the market. The AOE line is selling horribly, and that is at the reduced $10 a deluxe price. Toys in general are down 17% from last year alone. Their current $15 and future $16 price point will be the death nail for this line. Mark it down.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Well, the best Transformers movie we've had in ages, and it's accompanied by one of the worst toylines in years. I mean, we've had amazing Generations/classics stuff, the Prime line was pretty decent (and also proved that simple toys don't have to be terrible- PRID Arcee is very simple to transform and she's a great figure), the DOTM line was nice (5mm posts, oh my!)... and then this load of duds comes along.

Granted, Prime relied heavily on movie magic to transform, and Galvatron completely defied the laws of physics, but they can do better than this. Most of the line seems to be this simplified dreck like the 1-step changers and the power attackers (and all the non-simplified stuff is TRU exclusive in the UK) and even the more complex toys have taken a hit in quality (although some do look pretty good, like Scorn and Crosshairs). After the huge amount of attention and decent figures the last 3 movies got, I'm very disappointed to see the mess that is the AOE line. Maybe they should shelf the Generations/classics line for a bit and use the budget to make more and better AOE toys, before coming back to the Geewunner bait after the AOE toyline finishes.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Siger » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Hey Silver Knight Optimus Prime! Making an ugly mold even uglier with bad paint apps will not help you sell more toys Hasbroke! :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
Siger
Fuzor

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:45 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
This line would be better if it had more decepticons. 60 bucks for that huge eye sore? No thanks.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 am

"Silver Knight" = "Here's a bunch of Optimus Prime figures with lots of dull gray unpainted plastic.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:37 am

Delta Magnus wrote:Well, the best Transformers movie we've had in ages, and it's accompanied by one of the worst toylines in years. I mean, we've had amazing Generations/classics stuff, the Prime line was pretty decent (and also proved that simple toys don't have to be terrible- PRID Arcee is very simple to transform and she's a great figure), the DOTM line was nice (5mm posts, oh my!)... and then this load of duds comes along.

Granted, Prime relied heavily on movie magic to transform, and Galvatron completely defied the laws of physics, but they can do better than this. Most of the line seems to be this simplified dreck like the 1-step changers and the power attackers (and all the non-simplified stuff is TRU exclusive in the UK) and even the more complex toys have taken a hit in quality (although some do look pretty good, like Scorn and Crosshairs). After the huge amount of attention and decent figures the last 3 movies got, I'm very disappointed to see the mess that is the AOE line. Maybe they should shelf the Generations/classics line for a bit and use the budget to make more and better AOE toys, before coming back to the Geewunner bait after the AOE toyline finishes.

I don't think it is that the toys are any different than DOTM toys. It might be because children are just losing interest in the line. Which is no surprise, because the toys are so expensive. Even at $10, it is too high. But, you can't effectively make a Transformer for the profit margin Hasbro wants. They had a good idea with the one step stuff and the like, but pricing them at $8-10 is joke. $5 would be more ideal. Hasbro is either going to have to lower their profit margin, which will NEVER happen, or they are going to lose money until they finally scrap the line like they did in the 90's. The difference is in the 90's they could keep the prices down. Now, it is impossible with their expectations. Especially from the shareholders who jumped on board due to the 2007-2011 level of success with the line.
The only market for them that will continue is that of the people who will spend whatever they command for "premium" toys. The third party people better get ready for shutdown. Soon enough Hasbro will fall back on that market for revenue, and when they do people like iGear and the like will be a distant memory. I do think the brand will survive, but I think it will be a situation where most TF's will be of the Masterpiece type quality and will command large amounts of money to collect. But, I hink the days of getting deluxes for $10 or even $15-16 are going to be up very soon. Based on their pricing model and increase, by 2020 a deluxe would be going for about $20 each. And there is no way they could survive at that price point. Hell, even Generations last wave, with Skywarp and Scoop, was self warming at $15 until they lowered the price. and even now they are moving at a slow pace. I would expect more changes to the line come 2015, and maybe even a cancellation of the entire deluxe and voyager models in general. Just like you saw with the legion and commander class toys this year. The new "deluxe" is the legends line in generations. If that even survives.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 am

GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 am

GuyIncognito wrote:Image

Cute, but you need to erase "sky" and replace it with "stock". That would be more fitting of the scenario. Hasbro lives and dies by its shareholders. And they, not the fans, dictate what direction the company goes in.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr S 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230222 1S (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr T 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230223 1T (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr U 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230224 1U (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240105 2A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr M (Signed by Moss) Dynamite Comics DEC230216 1M (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr W FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247368 2W (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZH 1:15 FOC foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247378 2ZH (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON