This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official 30th. Anniversary Plans Provided By Takara Tomy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official 30th. Anniversary Plans Provided By Takara Tomy

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
This has been a busy week for Transformers news, we already reported on the G1 deco Slug (which will be updated momentarily), and now we have some really amazing information to share with you!

Another site update from Takara Tomy reveals their plans for the 30th Anniversary of the Transformers Franchise.

The following information comes directly from Takara Tomy's event update page and was translated from Japanese to English, so please understand why the phrasings aren't the easiest to understand.

UPDATE for project 1 (4/18/14)
Project 1: A semi will be decorated in G1 Optimus Prime colors and logos, used as part of a promotional tour. The truck and trailer, as you can see below, are modernized updates.

Project1 ■ ■
Vehicle convoy trailer production version!
Revive the track of modern vehicle mode of primary commander convoy!
"Primary convoy is" re-scanning "the track of modern!" Speaking style Transformers
I should be able to realize in the real convoy.
Special content "Convoy, covert action NOW!" updated schedule information in!

Project 2: Midnight Launch of the Movie Advance line on May 16th. The special event has been named "Transformers Celebration 2014" and will take place at the Toys 'R' Us location in Ikebukuro Sunshine City.

Project2 ■ ■
Toy launch countdown event
"Transformers Celebration 2014"
Ikebukuro, May 16 (Fri) held late at night!
It is released shortly before the date of the "Transformers Movie Advanced Series"
From midnight on Friday, May 16, at Toys R Us Babies R Us, Ikebukuro Sunshine City store
Holding of "Transformers Celebration 2014" is decided!
Other set up a special department, counting down toward the launch, a large screen
The Ya screening of opening picture of the past and anime trailer of the movie "Transformers / Lost Age"
We are also planning limited special plan the day.
※ The details information is updated from time to time in HP plans of this place!

Project 3: This one deals with our earlier news report. "Transformers Expo" is, they hope, to be the biggest Transformers Expo ever. The presentation will include large scale dioramas featuring 3D imagery. This is the event in which G1 deco Slug can be obtained.

Project3 ■ ■
Exhibition of Transformers largest ever
17 (Sun) held determined from (Saturday) "Transformers Expo" 8/9!
Over on Sunday the 17th from Saturday, August 9, at the Pacifico Yokohama (Exhibition Hall B · C)
It is an event of Transformers largest ever in Japan
that the "Transformers TRANSFORMERS EXPO Expo" will be held is decided!
And a huge image of the Transformers world's largest class of grade 7 ~ 9m height, exhibition of the actual vehicle in the movie,
Huge diorama that can experience yourself as if entering into the world of movies as Transformers,
And and 3D projection mapping of topic now,
It's Transformers space experience events of unprecedented scale.
And, April 25 to Friday, "slug G1 color (some plated)" is attached at Lawson Ticket
Will be released in limited quantities a special ticket.
Organizer: NTV, Tomy
URL: Http://Www.Ntv.Co.Jp/TFE/

Project 4: The 4th project involves an Optimus Prime inspired deco for a SUPER GT car which is part of the Team Mach racing team. Fiction involving Optimus Prime trans-scanning one of the Team Mach vehicles has been penned and will be included as part of this project.

Project4 ■ ■
Participated in SUPER GT ". Mach Optimus Prime feat!"
Racing car that you designed in the image of Optimus Prime of the movie scampering in the circuit in the SUPER GT!
Team piloted this car is "Mach vehicle inspection with Transformers 30th!"
This racing car, "movie Optimus Prime is" re-scanning "the Mach!" Speaking style Transformers
I want you to realize Transformers lurking in circuit, the real of such vehicle.
Updated schedule information in a 30th anniversary special site. Come, let's check it out!

IMAGES

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Official 30th. Anniversary Plans Provided By Takara Tomy

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:28 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
This is going to be one hell of a ride! On wards 30 +!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:36 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Well colour me impressed with that "modern" Optimus Prime. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of it!

Super GT Prime looks pretty good too.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby guarayakha » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 am

Autobot032 wrote:Image

Dear HasTak. SpeedRacer X Transformer. Make it happen. :michaelbay:
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby ishigoto » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 am

Dat new cab-over Prime. I'm not a G1'er but it looks sweet. I hope his botmode is just as fresh and impressive...on top of that I also hope that we Americans can buy our own version for something less than a hundred bucks.
ishigoto
Micromaster

Postby Stormrider » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Convoy, Convoy, Convoy. ugh. Come Takara, does everything have to revolve around Convoy?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 am

This looks like it has potential to be awesome:

GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Most curious, indeed.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Could it be? A new "Classics" type mold for Optimus Prime? Oh, Dear Lord, make it so!
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 am

The Team MACH project sounds pretty cool and the pictures intrigue me. It's too bad the US will never see a toy of it if they decide to release one to coincide with the project. I'll bet the driver(s) will have a blast cruising the track in their re-decoed ride though.

As for the Convoy re-do... I would have been happier to see a re-release of Generations Prime with an official trailer. The render they have of this new version looks like it will be even more anorexic than EvasionMode Prime unless they incorporate the trailer into the bot mode. If they do that and it sees a US release at some point then Hasbro will cheapen the tribute by both giving it a lackluster paint job and also making the eventual Motormaster and/or Nemesis Prime re-paints, thus devaluing the tribute.

Those of you in Japan, enjoy the tribute Convoy figure. I hope it turns out far better than I envision it happening. I'll have my fingers crossed for ya. :D

US/EU/AUS fans... if this thing does, by some miracle, turn out better than EM Movie Prime then you better pray you don't end up having to pay close to $200.00 USD or more after shipping to get your hands on this and pray further that the respective Hasbro design divisions for our countries don't get their hands on it and f*** it up.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:00 am

I actually don't like that COE - it looks like Huffer to me, not Prime. It feels small and efficient, not beefy and intimidating. Plus, the solid window without the vertical strut to mimic pecs looks good on Orion Pax, but doesn't seem right on Optimus.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 am

Stop the Presses!!!

That Optimus truck is not, I repeat, NOT a toy!

It is merely a real life truck being designed to resemble Optimus/Convoy that will tour Japan at various locations as part of this anniversary campaign event.

Though, the image itself is a design concept render of what the real truck will look like, rather than an actual photo of the truck.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT expect a toy out of this.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Sabrblade wrote:Stop the Presses!!!

That Optimus truck is not, I repeat, NOT a toy!

It is merely a real life truck being designed to resemble Optimus/Convoy that will tour Japan at various locations as part of this anniversary campaign event.

Though, the image itself is a design concept render of what the real truck will look like, rather than an actual photo of the truck.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT expect a toy out of this.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.72 KiB) Viewed 20719 times
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Well, even if this is not a toy to be, I am still holding out hope that Has-Tak will surprise us with some kind of new Classics Optimus Prime toy for the 30th Anniversary, as a companion piece to the earlier announced Generatrions Leader Class Megatron figure.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Well, even if this is not a toy to be, I am still holding out hope that Has-Tak will surprise us with some kind of new Classics Optimus Prime toy for the 30th Anniversary, as a companion piece to the earlier announced Generatrions Leader Class Megatron figure.
I kinda get the feeling that that is partly why they made Evasion Mode Optimus so slavishly G1-colored. Not just to capitalize on G1 nostalgia and to market a more colorful toy over a more drab-looking one, but to give fans a new G1-esque updated Optimus without having to design a whole new one on top of the ones they already got planned for AOE. Saves Hasbro money and gets the job done "close enough" as a far as Hasbro is concerned.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby craggy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Well, even if this is not a toy to be, I am still holding out hope that Has-Tak will surprise us with some kind of new Classics Optimus Prime toy for the 30th Anniversary, as a companion piece to the earlier announced Generatrions Leader Class Megatron figure.
I kinda get the feeling that that is partly why they made Evasion Mode Optimus so slavishly G1-colored. Not just to capitalize on G1 nostalgia and to market a more colorful toy over a more drab-looking one, but to give fans a new G1-esque updated Optimus without having to design a whole new one on top of the ones they already got planned for AOE. Saves Hasbro money and gets the job done "close enough" as a far as Hasbro is concerned.

it sure as snarf ain't close enough for me!

(course I might end up getting Evasion Optimus anyway, but that's not the point, I'd definitely get a new Classics G1-ish Prime with a trailer and it seems like a bit of a no-brainer for the 30th Anniversary.)
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby shajaki » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
uhhh... so thats nice takara. but id rather you celebrate transformers by... making some transformers...
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

craggy wrote:it sure as snarf ain't close enough for me!
True. But that just goes to show how differently Hasbro thinks from the rest of the fandom. ;)

Hasbro: "We already gave you a Voyager Optimus Prime that's a red and blue flat-nosed truck with silver stripes, has a red torso with window pecs, blue legs, a blue Optimus Prime-like head, and a gray gun. We even ggave you MP-10 with all the bells and whistles! And again as a Platinum Edition redeco! What more do you picky fans want?" :P

shajaki wrote:uhhh... so thats nice takara. but id rather you celebrate transformers by... making some transformers...
They are. MP Star Saber, remember?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
craggy wrote:it sure as snarf ain't close enough for me!
True. But that just goes to show how differently Hasbro thinks from the rest of the fandom. ;)

Hasbro: "We already gave you a Voyager Optimus Prime that's a red and blue flat-nosed truck with silver stripes, has a red torso with window pecs, blue legs, a blue Optimus Prime-like head, and a gray gun. We even ggave you MP-10 with all the bells and whistles! And again as a Platinum Edition redeco! What more do you picky fans want?" :P

That's a good point.

And in any event, I absolutely love the Classics Optimus mold. I still wish they would make a version with an Energon Axe.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby noctorro » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:46 pm

"modern" Optimus Prime

G1 Generations Arcee

Evasion Optimus Prime

OMP, such awesomeness on the way.
I really need to quit buying Pacific Rim/Motu classics/DC/Marvel etc. stuff, because I'm going to invest in some serious TF's in the nearby future.

Time to starve!
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby User897 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Don't like the Optimus. Or any of it so far really. But that's okay (wallet sighs with relief).
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword

Holding out for that, too. Though if Optimus isn't made, would Megatron be at least as tall as MP-10? That way, we kinda have something going for the two of them.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 pm

User897 wrote:Don't like the Optimus. Or any of it so far really. But that's okay (wallet sighs with relief).
Good thing for you too since that truck isn't for a toy.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby durroth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
I'm drooling a little at that g1 optimus concept. Kind of worried that the final toy wont live up to the beautiful promise there though...
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 pm

durroth wrote:I'm drooling a little at that g1 optimus concept. Kind of worried that the final toy wont live up to the beautiful promise there though...
There is no toy. That's a concept for a real truck.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1023IM387 3C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915S"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915G"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210458 12A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222L"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON