This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Movieverse Products - Movie Advanced and Lost Age

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Dino

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:06 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of toy blogger Alfes2010, directly from the Tokyo Toy Show floor, we get an in-hand look at the Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Deluxe Dino figure. As a reminder, this is not an original mold for the Sideswipe-ish character from Dark of the Moon, but a retool and redeco of Revenge of the Fallen Sideways - check out the images below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Postby RhA » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:56 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Kinda like it, actually.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:58 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Seeing Dino's head sculpt, I'm reminded how much everybots were "monster faced" in the first movie trilogy. I'm glad that in AoE, the bots are more "classic faced". Meining either a faceplate or a more human face.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby OmegaPrime273 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:04 am

The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.
OmegaPrime273
Mini-Con

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:12 am

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
Have we seen this photo of Lockdown ?

Posted by James Pooser on Transformers Addicts .
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:30 am

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".

Thanks Jelze for saving me a lot of typing. I would have said exactly that. Especially about that "true fan part".
About that last part, there is NO "true fans". Only TRUE FANBOYS. :SICK:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby OmegaPrime273 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:35 am

What's the difference between fanboy and fan
OmegaPrime273
Mini-Con

More Images of Takara Lost Age LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 am

Courtesy once again of TF Yuki, and still from the Tokyo Toy show, we get to see a couple more images of the Takara Transformers: Lost Age LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, in both modes! Check out the mirrored images below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:47 am

OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan

There is none :) Each fan is into different things, that's why a real definition of "true fan" is impossible to make, and should never be done. This article should clear things up a bit, along with other (negative) aspects of the fandom:

True Fan on TFwiki.net.

Back on topic:

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:49 am

It's that simple."

A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:53 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:55 am

It's that simple."
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o

Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:02 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?

Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:12 am

It's that simple."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?

Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.

Ugh... pass...

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby BERSEKAEL » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:48 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:

A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.

thats close to Hypocrisy, there are two diferent things here

1. He means, that this figure is insulting Movie Line fans expectations, which he is not alone here, I am on it too. Perhaps some people could have no feeling about it due to movie line.

2. I have seen worst reactions when some G1 MP comes with red bumper or not a specific detail ... here we are talking about the whole character, just head accurate.

I also agree feels like a tantrum, besides taste more like a fan (fanatic) feelings hurt, which I respect.
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby TimothyR » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:59 am

takara needs to lock the company in a room and spit out some DMK's for this movie.. they are the greatest movie merch to come out of these movies period.

DMK's would be perfect for the characters in this movie since it's so difficult to achieve their robot mode looks with conventional transformers.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I like this Dino/Mirage we're getting. It's not a Ferrari, but it never really could be (thank Mattel). The Sideways mold in robot mode is a surprisingly GOOD approximation of the Dino/Mirage CGI model. Honestly, Takara-Tomy didn't have to do this at all, but they did, and I think they did about the best they could given the circumstances. I can't wait to get my hands on this figure.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Dagon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:15 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle

If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

A fanboy is generally used as an insult because you've committed some atrocity like questioning an official release or a design decision, or that you have a preference or opinion in a hobby that more than one other person doesn't share.

In reality, it is a meaningless term.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Rated X » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:32 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:59 am

Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.

True, they did for the Audi R8 for Sideways here (who was a last-minute deal and minor character btw). I don't think Ferrari is that forgiving, but the Speed Stars toy being an approximation of a Ferrari 458... :-?

And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
different line, different rules. all the cars and trucks in the movie lines are officially licensed arent they? while almost none of the classics figures have liscenced vehicles.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Wolfguard » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
Dagon wrote:

If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

Lol - so no disagreements can ever occur between fans? I don't believe that at all. Fans can definitely have disagreements, and I've had my fair share of being against or for opinions of people I've had discussions with. I think Kanrabat hit the nail on the head perfectly. The "fanboys" don't discuss with any sort of reasonable logic, they just react to differing opinions based on a highly emotive state of mind.
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Rated X » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:52 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
shajaki wrote:
different line, different rules. all the cars and trucks in the movie lines are officially licensed arent they? while almost none of the classics figures have liscenced vehicles.

Which is why they could have saved the "not" Ferarri mold for a non movie line with movie influence similar to HFTD. They could have thrown in deluxe Leadfoot, Cue, and Soundwave (already approved then canceled) to create a nice wave of 4 for movie collectors to round off their collection. It could have been done and you know it.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Dagon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Wolfguard wrote:
Dagon wrote:

Lol - so no disagreements can ever occur between fans? I don't believe that at all. Fans can definitely have disagreements, and I've had my fair share of being against or for opinions of people I've had discussions with. I think Kanrabat hit the nail on the head perfectly. The "fanboys" don't discuss with any sort of reasonable logic, they just react to differing opinions based on a highly emotive state of mind.

They still have an opinion, and it's only 'wrong' because you or others don't agree with it. It's perfectly valid to them. It's not up to you to determine whether or not someone's opinion or feeling is based on logic that you find acceptable and is thus a valid opinion. My point was that 'fanboy' gets used when others decide that an opinion is not up to their standard and is thus invalid based on the notion that someone else doesn't like it.
Sure, fans disagree all the time. And when they get to the point that they take their ball and go home, they label the other party as 'fanboys' like that means something.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:

Doesn't make it any less valid of a point, though.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
NEW!
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
NEW!
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
NEW!
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Orthia 2018 230903A"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON