This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread

Postby Scud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

If they modernized Star Saber for the Masterpiece line like they did Starscream I would be interested in this but as it is, it looks like a box of Fruit Loops.
Last edited by Scud on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scud
Mini-Con
Buy from Scud on eBay

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Scud wrote:If they modernized Star Saber for the Masterpiece line like they did Star Scream I would be interested in this but as it is, it looks like a box of Fruit Loops.

I'm sorry, i don't see the resemblance to John Cena at all.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Convoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Desslok2201 wrote:Oh, hell yeah! Right around 2:30, there's the ports in the feet to join to Victory Leo! Now we just need to keep buying MPs until they make him- in about 12 years.

I may have experienced a mini stroke when I saw those possible connection pieces in the feet for Victory Leo. I hope we don't have to wait 12 years.

I predict that this Masterpiece figure will be transformed more times than the rest of my MP collection combined.
The articulation is mad!
This thing is truly astounding.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Finally did the "preorder" for Star Saber on The Chosen Prime. Ten minutes later... order was shipped!

God bless TCP!
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Convoy wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Oh, hell yeah! Right around 2:30, there's the ports in the feet to join to Victory Leo! Now we just need to keep buying MPs until they make him- in about 12 years.

I may have experienced a mini stroke when I saw those possible connection pieces in the feet for Victory Leo. I hope we don't have to wait 12 years.

I predict that this Masterpiece figure will be transformed more times than the rest of my MP collection combined.
The articulation is mad!

I'm really floored by the little details on this one. The sword storage, even the detaching arm on the back of SS's head, screams design excellence. I love MP Magnus, but this has the little flourishes that put it on the level of MP-01. I was excited for this before, but this is better than I anticipated.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Convoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Desslok2201 wrote:
Convoy wrote:

The articulation is mad!

I'm really floored by the little details on this one. The sword storage, even the detaching arm on the back of SS's head, screams design excellence. I love MP Magnus, but this has the little flourishes that put it on the level of MP-01. I was excited for this before, but this is better than I anticipated.

My sentiments exactly. This guy has all the bells and whistles and is simply feature packed. That claw clip that can be hidden away blows my mind along with all the Saberblade options. Shield/stand, hidden missiles, die cast galore.
If MP Star Saber starred in The Ring he would be the character to crawl out of the TV.
Yeah! Just yeah!
:BOWDOWN:
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby Super Megatron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I am so glad this figure shows so much more thought into its design compared to MP-01 or MP-10. With this fig, the Autobot leaders that received the Masterpiece treatment is now up to 3. Now if Takara will fight the temptation to stop making crappy OP figures and concentrate on the Masterpiecing other Autobot leaders, I will be guaranteed to be broke for many years to come.
Super Megatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 16
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Video review was great. Enjoyed seeing the toy get transformed and the gimmicks shown.

Thought the video reviewer went too fast showing off the articulation. Spent more time playing with the swords.

Would have liked to see some size comparisons with other Masterpiece toys.

Think a 3rd party might release a Masterpiece Victory Leo toy faster than Takara.

Hoping the trend of the bigger Masterpieces keep coming.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Convoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Super Megatron wrote:I am so glad this figure shows so much more thought into its design compared to MP-01 or MP-10. With this fig, the Autobot leaders that received the Masterpiece treatment is now up to 3. Now if Takara will fight the temptation to stop making crappy OP figures and concentrate on the Masterpiecing other Autobot leaders, I will be guaranteed to be broke for many years to come.

Why you no want more Decepticon leaders? We only have two if you count Starscream and his short stint in the episodes he declares it and in the movie until he dies. On the flip side we have Autobots, Optimus (twice), Rodimus, Magnus, and Grimlock (in the comics I believe.)
MP Super Megatron with a retool into Ultra Megatron might be a pipe dream. But what about MP Galvatron, Skorponok, Overlord, Deszarus, and Shockwave?
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Convoy wrote:Why you no want more Decepticon leaders? We only have two if you count Starscream and his short stint in the episodes he declares it and in the movie until he dies.
And Soundave. He got to be leader in some of the UK comics, in which he was a really good leader.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Convoy wrote:Why you no want more Decepticon leaders? We only have two if you count Starscream and his short stint in the episodes he declares it and in the movie until he dies.
And Soundave. He got to be leader in some of the UK comics, in which he was a really good leader.

Would like to see the next big Decepticon Leader Masterpiece toy be G1 Galvatron. Think the character is popular enough and well liked with fans to sell great.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Tsutsukakushi wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Would like to see the next big Decepticon Leader Masterpiece toy be G1 Galvatron. Think the character is popular enough and well liked with fans to sell great.

Only if they can figure out how to make him far more Cartoon Accurate than any of his toys have ever been.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Convoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

I knew I'd forget a couple without checking the wiki first. But it makes for better conversation. Do Bludgeon, Straxus, Jhiaxus, or Thunderwing count? And if we're getting technical and you want to count Starscream I guess he got two molds in the line too. (Three if you count Bayverse 'Screamer but he was never leader.)
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I knew I'd forget a couple without checking the wiki first. But it makes for better conversation. Do Bludgeon, Straxus, Jhiaxus, or Thunderwing count? And if we're getting technical and you want to count Starscream I guess he got two molds in the line too. (Three if you count Bayverse 'Screamer but he was never leader.)
I'd think Takara would want to just stick to molds of cartoon characters for now.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Convoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Tsutsukakushi wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Not to mention the recent passing of Mr. Nemoy. Just makes it that much more of a collector's item.
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby Convoy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I'd think Takara would want to just stick to molds of cartoon characters for now.

Wasn't Ratbat another Decepticon leader that has an MP?
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:13 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Tsutsukakushi wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

No interest in Dezaras/Deaths R Us? :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:14 am

Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Wasn't Ratbat another Decepticon leader that has an MP?
Right, forgot about him.

Though he does count as a cartoon character.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby STngAR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:51 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Its not a bad looking figure. I still think it's a weird choice for an MP, but I stopped collecting MP's awhile back.

:MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.

ScottyP wrote:Kid 1 "What did you get for Christmas?"
Kid 2 "Steve.........What did you get?"
Kid 1 "John Cena!"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"

COLLECTION
STngAR
Pretender
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Alt Mode: The Litter Box
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:55 am

STngAR wrote: [color=#4000FF]Its not a bad looking figure. I still think it's a weird choice for an MP, but I stopped collecting MP's awhile back.[/color]

Why is it weird to do an Autobot Leader MP for the 30th anniversary?

They did one for the 20th anniversary (Convoy/Optimus), and another around the 25th anniversary (Grimlock), and another for the special 2010 promotional event (Rodimus). And with those guys already done, there's no more Autobot Leaders from 1984-1986 to make MPs out of, forcing Takara to having to choose post-1986 Leaders instead.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby huryochagi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 am

This figure and MP Exhaust are more suitable for the Japanese market or completists. I'll skip this one.

Waiting for an MP triple changer, MP Reflector, MP Ironhide, MP Jazz, MP Hound, MP Skyfire, etc.
huryochagi
Mini-Con

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 pm

STngAR wrote:Its not a bad looking figure. I still think it's a weird choice for an MP, but I stopped collecting MP's awhile back.

It's a result of a poll. What's strange about that? :???:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 pm

huryochagi wrote:This figure and MP Exhaust are more suitable for the Japanese market or completists. I'll skip this one.

Waiting for an MP triple changer, MP Reflector, MP Ironhide, MP Jazz, MP Hound, MP Skyfire, etc.

Much obliged so more for us.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby SkyWarpt » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
huryochagi wrote:This figure and MP Exhaust are more suitable for the Japanese market or completists. I'll skip this one.

I dunno, I'm complete American and I kinda like him...so much so that I preordered, and watched his series to see why he was beloved by the fans in Japan. I can't disagree with them, He Rocks!!!
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9

Postby altantic » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:53 pm

I'm waiting for a Victory Leo to complete with this MP Star Saber. Hopefully Takara is planning to do it. If not a fansproject Victory Leo is also cool! 8)
altantic
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #46 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RI-B IDW Comics 2007 1RIB 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON