This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 - Seibertron Exclusive Nautica Teaser

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 - Seibertron Exclusive Nautica Teaser

Postby No One » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 am

Not that we'll see Transformers actually TRANSFORM in these books anyway.
No One
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 - Seibertron Exclusive Nautica Teaser

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:The horror.

The shock.

The boredom.
Yeah, I agree. For characters who walk around with missile launchers on their shoulders they sure do a lot of talking! So much talk, little action... James Roberts just doesn't get Transformers.

And you clearly don't get sarcasm and frustration, as my post was directed at you, and at your unchanging, predictable (hence boring) reaction. But hey, I've tried reasoning with you previously, and you just won't listen. I'm not saying you have to like the comics, but I am asking, and a lot of other users have too, for constructive posts.

Continue to offer your opinion in this way, I'll go back to ignoring you.
And you clearly did not even read my post before commenting! I very carefully and thoughtfully instructed Roberts on the right words to use to make his book seem less like Fanfic and more like the real thing.

You wanna know what's frustrating? Watching talentless hacks turn your favorite franchise into chrome crumbs for the last 28 years! That's frustrating!

Guys, Venom shaped coffee mug! Totally on topic.

Wow, I thought Riptide would have been a Decepticon, that'S a very Decepticon like name. And man he looks awesome. And I kinda squee at the fact he's inspired by Avatar <3
He looks incredibly hardcore, never thought a boatformer could look this badass.
Mindmaster wrote:So does this mean we'll see some Air Nomad, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation -themed Transformers? :lol:

Oh yes please, especially Firenation. :michaelbay:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Not that we'll see Transformers actually TRANSFORM in these books anyway.

Tarn is addicted to transforming, and it's shown.

The whole Delphi plague was activated via transformation, and it's shown.

Pipes' death at Overlord's foot included multiple attempts at transforming.

Same with Tailgate, in the early issues of MTMTE.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby No One » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Va'al wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Not that we'll see Transformers actually TRANSFORM in these books anyway.

Exactly, EARLY issues. NOTHING recent.
No One
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby craggy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm

ooh, pretty. toy please?

wonder if he knows Nautica? ...and if all these water-based bots showing up means we'll see a Mk 2 Rod-pod?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby craggy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:51 pm

MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

On Luna-1 Chromedome hangs a lampshade on this, asking why they've even got alt modes if they're going to use the MARBs to travel, before changing into his vehicle mode and then Hot Rod uses his alt mode to try and get away from Lockdown and his Titan Hunters. And of course we see Ratchet's alt mode there too. Cyclonus and Whirl use their alt modes to fly about as well. all within the last arc of the book.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

craggy wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

On Luna-1 Chromedome hangs a lampshade on this, asking why they've even got alt modes if they're going to use the MARBs to travel, before changing into his vehicle mode and then Hot Rod uses his alt mode to try and get away from Lockdown and his Titan Hunters. And of course we see Ratchet's alt mode there too. Cyclonus and Whirl use their alt modes to fly about as well. all within the last arc of the book.

Also, even more recently: Windblade transforms multiple times in #1. Prowl formed Devastator at the end of Dark Cybertron. RID #28 had Thundercracker once, Optimus, Kup, Jazz multiple times.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Shadowstream » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
I had a good long laugh at Rodimus' "Suicide by face palm" line. :lol: I can't wait to start reading this series again. :grin:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby sunburn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Honestly it's a waste of a name not because "all the good ones were taken" lol but Riptide reminds me of a G1 Depth Charge.

And Riptide just screams Decepticon.
sunburn
Mini-Con

Postby craggy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 pm

I wonder if, given the other new bot aboard the Lost Light, and the possibility that at some point he might turn back to the purple side, maybe Riptide will end up as a Decepticon?
craggy
Faction Commander

Postby sabrigami » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowstream wrote:I had a good long laugh at Rodimus' "Suicide by face palm" line. :lol: I can't wait to start reading this series again. :grin:

Priceless. There were so many good moments in these pages. It also makes me aware how hollow other comics I've read have been. the last arc included. So hyped for tomorrow and for another season =P~
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Zeek99g » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Motto: "Always Forward, Always Progressing."
Weapon: Twin Swords
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:

The shock.

The boredom.
Yeah, I agree. For characters who walk around with missile launchers on their shoulders they sure do a lot of talking! So much talk, little action... James Roberts just doesn't get Transformers.

And you clearly don't get sarcasm and frustration, as my post was directed at you, and at your unchanging, predictable (hence boring) reaction. But hey, I've tried reasoning with you previously, and you just won't listen. I'm not saying you have to like the comics, but I am asking, and a lot of other users have too, for constructive posts.

And you clearly did not even read my post before commenting! I very carefully and thoughtfully instructed Roberts on the right words to use to make his book seem less like Fanfic and more like the real thing.

You wanna know what's frustrating? Watching talentless hacks turn your favorite franchise into chrome crumbs for the last 28 years! That's frustrating!

You know what, get over the fact that G1 is over!

What the writers and artist did in making this comic is superb! Yes you can hate or love this story!Yes you can hate or love the toys from it! I love to watch the G1 episodes and Animated episodes because they have great stories! I like the Bayformer movies because the story line is great!

You need to move on from this Idea that every thing must be G1. I think Hasbro could have done a better job at making them. And back then Transformers had chrome! I hate some Transformer toys because I don't like how they look. I love some Transformers because they look mind blowing.

You can love G1, just don't say something is bad because it is not G1.
Zeek99g
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 4
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Review done. The title was the hardest part. And choosing what to talk about. And what to include. And what to not spoil. And what to hint at. And..
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby sabrigami » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
*Derpy double post. Please ignore*
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:

The shock.

The boredom.

simple as that G1 is DEAD and it was a bad cartoon in the sense that it was not serious.

It died in 1986 its dead it will never come back me and other fans don't want to hear your **** on why you hate the new reboot comics no one else needs to.

If you want to tell people make a thread about it

nothing else needs to be said about worthless hacks like you to try bringing down other peoples good moods

if you believe that Hasbro, IDW or Roberts will listen to you'r suggestions you need to wake up.

reply only when you have a good argument

nothing else needs to be said.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Boat-formers are weird......but i like them anyways.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
1984forever wrote:
Va'al wrote:
1984forever wrote:

The shock.

The boredom.

simple as that G1 is DEAD and it was a bad cartoon in the sense that it was not serious.

It died in 1986 its dead it will never come back me and other fans don't want to hear your **** on why you hate the new reboot comics no one else needs to.

If you want to tell people make a thread about it

nothing else needs to be said about worthless hacks like you to try bringing down other peoples good moods

if you believe that Hasbro, IDW or Roberts will listen to you'r suggestions you need to wake up.

reply only when you have a good argument

nothing else needs to be said.

you deleted that part of my message because of rules you know what whatever

over protectiveness of children going on this site whatever only delaying the inevitable.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
a boat-former! how about a toy of that
kind of reminds me of energon tidal wave
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Riptide is badass.

I love these comics because they take the parts of the characters that made them unique in Bob Budiansky's original ideas and just build off of them. Wheeljack isn't a stupid wrecker, he's wheeljack, but not in the campy G1 cartoon way. And they are pulling off some cool turns with characters like Ultra Magnus and Arcee that are not frustrating, but in fact needed - they are making all the right bets on who to expand on and who to reinvent.

that said I do want more vehicle mode art!!!
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Doctor McGrath » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Mkall wrote:I don't think there's a character design from Milne that I don't like.

Riptide is awesome. Seriously, more IDW-based toys need to be made ASAP.

Agreed man. Bring them on!

And did he seriously say KO continuities? Hahaha, that's a new one.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #28 Review

Postby Va'al » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 am

Trial and Error
(Spoiler free-ish)

Synopsis
CERTAIN DEATH, HERE WE COME! MEGATRON assumes control of the quest to find the Knights of Cybertron—a quest that has never before been so urgent, so personal, and so likely to end in tears. An incredulous Lost Light crew is left asking the same thing you are: how exactly did it come to this?

Credits!

Story

This week in the third beginning of Dawn of the Autobots, we finally get back to the Lost Light ship, and the events between Megatron becoming its new captain and the defeat of Shockwave in Dark Cybertron - though we flit between the two settings, taking a look at how Cybertron reacted to buckethead donning the red instead of the purple, and the beginning of his trial.

Well, they're best of pals

James Roberts shakes up the crew of the ship, too, adding some new faces like Nautica and Riptide to old friends like loudmouthed Swerve (who actually appears to have toned down a little, or has he?) and dutiful Ultra Magnus. Dynamics have changed, there is very expected tension on board, but not as much really, as everything seems to have solved itself in the time since the trial - more or less.

The Tyrest Tiara, now in stores

Swerve and Rodimus still hold some of the best lines, or at least some of the best dialogue happens around them. Nautica is a really interesting addition to the crew, and one that speaks to my linguist self, but as expected, it's Megatron that holds centre stage - in his sessions with Rung, in the preparation to the trial, in his reflections and in his actions, there's definitely a lot more than mee-- fine, sorry.

What indeed..

The issue definitely does a lot of packing of multiple threads and plots. A lot of them. In terms of action, nothing actually happens except for one brilliant scene over a number of pages, because everything has happened in the six months leading to this issue and moment, and the six million odd years before that. But in that void of action, a lot happens.

Art

As far as the art is concerned, Alex Milne returns to pencils and inks, and in something that seems almost impossible, increases the amount of detail we were used to seeing in the pre-Dark Cybertron run of the series! The double-page spread with the beginning of the trial is astonishing, and the panelwork between the multiple time frames excellently executed.

You can actually see people's houses

Everything is helped by colourist Josh Burcham, who makes sure the linework really pops or shines where needed. There are some amazing sequences, one in particular, where the colours prove that red is not a single hue at all, and each character really comes through with their own deco - and again, that trial scene is ridiculous.

So is this, to be fair

Tom B. Long continues on the legendary lettering, from fonts to effects, to graffiti to captions and more fonts - it's always a good thing to get good lettering, especially non-intrusive, art-complementing lettering. Word. Three excellent covers, too, with Casey Coller and Joana Lafuente on A, Milne and Josh Perez on B (thumbnail) and Livio Ramondelli on interlocking RI!

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

All the packing I mentioned earlier? That's both the strength and, for lack of a better word, weakness of this issue. Flitting between time frames can be distracting, though both the storytellers do it well, and the plotting has seeded so many different things that you will have to read it multiple times. Including the whole first season, too.

That's.. pretty accurate

The art team have upped their game in terms of everything, and Roberts has gone all the way back to the very first issue of More Than Meets the Eye, and picked up some unanswered questions from there. Will we finally see answers to them though? Eventually? Maybe? Perhaps? ..please?

. :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: ½ out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby 1984forever » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:14 am

Yup. Not 1 transformation in the whole book. How is this TRANSFORMERS? it was a good read... but it ain't Transformers.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
1984forever wrote:

Yup. Not 1 transformation in the whole book. How is this TRANSFORMERS? it was a good read... but it ain't Transformers.

I'm sure someone would explain it to you, but I highly recommend they not waste their time.

Move on people. >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
4.5/5? Confirmed - Va'al will never give a 5/5 again ;)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 am

ScottyP wrote:4.5/5? Confirmed - Va'al will never give a 5/5 again ;)

I was going to give it 5-.
But re-re-re-re-re-re-reading it, it felt too crammed to be perfect. :P
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #53 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #297 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221642 297B (CA)Sullivan"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010O"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON