This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friends at IDW Publishing have shared the subscription variant cover for their upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29. As you can see in the image mirrored below it features the always popular Constructicons, minus Scrapper of course.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #29 Subscription Cover

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
so where's scavanger anyway?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's Scrapper?

He was ..taken care of in the All Hail Megatron run. This may come back to haunt RiD, now that they're back on Earth. Probably. :-$
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Ultra Markus wrote:so where's scavanger anyway?

on the cover

you must mean Scrapper who was killed back in All Hail Megatron.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Stormrider » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Superginraix » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:53 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

on the cover

Scrapper was actually killed by Spike in the first ongoing. Issue #9, I believe.

Nope, it was #8.

Superginraix
Mini-Con

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Superginraix wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

on the cover

Scrapper was actually killed by Spike in the first ongoing. Issue #9, I believe.

Nope, it was #8.

Indeed. Pinned by a bunch of construction debris (how ironic) and then Spike blew his head clean off. Just re-read the issue a few days ago while re-packing all of my old TF comics into more secure containers.

Stormrider wrote:I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.

I think they've done quite a fine job of compensating and finding a replacement for Scrapper. Prowl might not be too fond of the choice of replacement and I know it galls him having 5 new "best friends" but he's actually gone willingly into his new role as a combiner member once now. They may yet have him do it again. :P
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
with all the toys coming out for the generations line paying tribute to IDW comics wouldn't it be great if they surprised us with some constructicons which would form devestator of course
just sayin
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

on the cover

i know, i get those names mixed up sometimes
Ultra Markus
Gestalt

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Mindmaster wrote:So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?

If we get a Scrapper remold from Generations Scoop too, I'll be all over it
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
MasterSoundBlaster
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:So... what are the odds of us getting legitimate, combining-into-Devastator-capable Generations Constructicons?

Heck, I'd take all six Constructicons even they didn't combine. Although that would be a nice thing, HasTak's last attempt at a combiner was...sorely lacking...everything.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby MasterSoundBlaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Motto: "You can run,you'll just die trying"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:

Heck, I'd take all six Constructicons even they didn't combine. Although that would be a nice thing, HasTak's last attempt at a combiner was...sorely lacking...everything.

Well if they use all six members and go for the original transformation, it should work actually. The G1 figure doesn't suffer from the "Voyager-sized leader" gimmick so I think it's very doable.

And adding all the extra bits like weapons, chest shield, combiner head, etc into each other figures might help drive the incentive to collect the whole set

As always:
I am not a GEEWUNNER...I just really like homeages

Burn wrote:Please don't clog this thread up with garbage. Either post a real picture of yourself, or tell Va'al how pretty he is.
MasterSoundBlaster
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:11 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
T-Macksimus wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I thought it was a weird choice for the writers to kill Scrapper and thus making Devastator obsolete. I hope the writers will come up with something interesting and even go more into the backstory of the characters. I wouldn't even mind seeing Devastator trying to compensate for a missing leg and one missing member from his conscience.

I think they've done quite a fine job of compensating and finding a replacement for Scrapper. Prowl might not be too fond of the choice of replacement and I know it galls him having 5 new "best friends" but he's actually gone willingly into his new role as a combiner member once now. They may yet have him do it again. :P

Cover for RID #30 suggests they might..

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Va'al wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:

Cover for RID #30 suggests they might..

besides the over sized back kibble (not the kibble just the size) i love that look for Galvatron on that cover hope we get a toy for that even though i could not care any less for any version of Galvatron.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby daningotham » Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 pm

I will be getting the subscription cover, ordered mine 2 months ago. It's pretty sweet.
daningotham
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM318 7F Del Mundo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (CA) Yaniger 210227A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee GO FOR THE GOLD One-shot IDW Comics 2018 OCT180684"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926B"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON