This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Generations Dreadwing, Goldfire, Skids, Waspinator to be available in September

Postby ScottyP » Thu May 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
That's excellent news for those that missed them!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Generations Dreadwing, Goldfire, Skids, Waspinator to be available in September

Postby durroth » Thu May 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Definitely, considering skids is up to 60-80$ from most sellers x.x also gives me time to recover my $ after MP prowl... actually, I might have to put him on my buy later list because that will probably be payment 3 month for TFCC if there aren't any major delays. already have goldbug, but loose knees mean I could use the extra for a chance at better ones
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run

Postby El Duque » Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Great news of those of you who had trouble finding the Transformers Deluxe Wave featuring Dreadwing, Goldfire, Waspinator, and Skids! Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has listed a new pre-order for an upcoming run of the aforementioned figures scheduled to arrive in September. The set of four is price at $59.99. Click here to view the pre-order page.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Well that's good, though September sounds awfully far off for, y'know, things that already exist. Or are they just know making this batch and it'll take them that long to get here? (genuine question, not trying to being snarky)

Does this mean AoE will have a really short run? Classics and Movie are the same line now, is May-August Movie stuff and September+ Classics (both restocks and new releases)? Or am I completely misunderstanding all of this?
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby craggy » Thu May 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Shelves will probably still be full of AOE anyway, so I'm not sure how many of these will turn up at retail, but if TFSource get them on pre-order I might suffer the Bee just to get Skids and Waspy.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Rated X » Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Funny, the only one I didnt find in retail was bee. I found G2 dreadwing and skids in target and jumped on them. They were the only ones. Then I found waspy in a walmart and he was the only one. I jumped on it. I never saw any of them again anywhere. I wouldnt mind having bee just for the comic book. I wouldnt pay more than ten bucks including shipping.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri May 02, 2014 12:49 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
how much you want to bet they still wont show up in stores
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Fri May 02, 2014 2:08 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Good to hear. I've had these guys on preorder (at TfSource, but still) since December of last year. Kind of glad I found Waspinator and Skids out in the wild now.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 02, 2014 5:28 am

Did BBTS say this is a second run?

I'm willing to bet BBTS got these from a distribution center somewhere, where these guys are just collecting dust. They'll probably be shelf-warming sometime before Christmas - Kinda like how Voyager Inferno was impossible to find, and then poof, Toys R Us was stuffed to the brims with him around the holidays.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Susha » Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 am

There is NO way im giving a greedy retailer all that money for just skids.
this is a cheap marketing trick which reminds me of those horrible
adults that sell overpriced magic the gathering cards to children... booo
Susha
Minibot

Postby Stormrider » Fri May 02, 2014 7:29 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Can someone explain how distribution works and fails? I don't understand how some toys come up extremely short in the U.S. markets, especially since Hasbro is HQ in the U.S and the U.S. makes up their largest market share for their line.

I would imagine that the marketing teams are coming up with manufacturing numbers during the planning phase, so how do they fall short?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby mooncake623 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:30 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
There's still a dreadwing in a comic store in my area. $20 bucks though. That's how I found a new skids after the one I had's ball joint snapped off when I tried to fix it's hips.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Flashwave » Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
It Is Him wrote:Did BBTS say this is a second run?

I'm willing to bet BBTS got these from a distribution center somewhere, where these guys are just collecting dust. They'll probably be shelf-warming sometime before Christmas - Kinda like how Voyager Inferno was impossible to find, and then poof, Toys R Us was stuffed to the brims with him around the holidays.

WHATT!!!! wWhere???? I've missed every version of that mold to come stateside and I'm not happy abou that....
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri May 02, 2014 9:25 am

Having only secured Waspinator last year, I'm certainly happy about this.

Just not as happy as I'd be if it was the Ruination wave, which I only ever saw in one store in my area, during two weeks when I couldn't afford them. Is perceived demand for the Wreckers so low that there's no chance of a second run, no matter how low supply was?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Wh33l Jck » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 am

I'm not so high on wanting Skids anymore, if Takara ever makes a dark blue version, I will bite.
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby Susha » Fri May 02, 2014 9:40 am

sad to say, but this puts me off even more from hasbro official produts.
3rd parties seem to generally do it better, In fact skids and wheeljack were the only
official products on this years list for me. changed my mind about wheeljack and while this
skids is a good looking figure, enough time has passed from when he featured prominently in MTMTE
so the hype is over.

All this might not seem relevant. What is though is that whether the case may be here (marketing strategy from developers or distributors) is that its ASTONISHING how hasbro, while taking extreme lengths towards obscure marketing strategies (for example telling Roberts he couldn't have Mirage on the Lost Light cos they had plans for him.... 2 years later and ... nothing) and then then let some greedy distributor inflate the prices of one of their strongest products of the moment (to adult/g1 tf fans Skids was one of the few non 3rd party really desirable figures).

Regardless, in the end, I have more love for fansproject, and other emerging 3rd party companies than for hasbro, which sadly, seldom fails to meet our needs, as they say the needs of kids is such a higher demographics to make our money irrelevant for them.. very well if they don't want my money I'm sure I can find some1 who does...
Susha
Minibot

Postby Susha » Fri May 02, 2014 9:46 am

sorry to add to this but just to make it clear:

try explaining to someone who doesn't collect (wife, father, husband, collegue, whatever) why to get 1 figure worth some $20 you have to buy another 3 figures for a total of 60$
they will all tell you your an idiot if you bite.
and the fact that nobody will really ask this question just stresses how we all know its true deep down...
Susha
Minibot

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 02, 2014 10:33 am

:roll:
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 02, 2014 10:53 am

Flashwave wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Did BBTS say this is a second run?

WHATT!!!! wWhere???? I've missed every version of that mold to come stateside and I'm not happy abou that....

That was like 2009, maybe 2010.

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

Stormrider wrote:Can someone explain how distribution works and fails? I don't understand how some toys come up extremely short in the U.S. markets, especially since Hasbro is HQ in the U.S and the U.S. makes up their largest market share for their line.

I would imagine that the marketing teams are coming up with manufacturing numbers during the planning phase, so how do they fall short?

I have a pretty laymen's understanding off the supply chain (someone with some expertise feel free to correct any of this) A simple version of the supply chain is

Manufacturer (Hasbro) ---> Distribution Center ----> Retail (Toys 'R Us)

Toys get shipped by Hasbro to Distribution Centers, which then get shipped to Retail Stores.

There's a lot of reasons why supply could get out of whack, but primarily it comes down communication and expected sales.

If Target says they need 10,000 Generation Deluxe cases, but Hasbro sends 12,000, you're going to have 2,000 sitting in a Distribution Center somewhere, which might later end up at discount stores like Tuesday Morning or Ross. There are other variables to this situation, like retail ordering more than Hasbro can provide, etc.

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Susha » Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 am

explanations are all very nice, but they don't fulfill the customers initial intent.

example.
Frank walks in restaurant (to eat) to be told the kitchen is closed.
Frank goes looking for another restaurant.

whatever the explanations is the result is
A)SKIDS: a wanted figure supposed to be available at $20 is only really found at $60
B) MP RAT BAT: Hasbro is providing info on MP ultra magnus in 20whatever while not providing information on if and when a figure that is worth some $20-40 alone at best is only obtainable at $120.

explanations are hypothesis
the results... well are under the light of the sun for all to see.

... I'm not trying to troll, rather express how I feel as a customer. I find it hard to believe that nobody else feels like this. not even those who have MP soundwave, want ratbat but not soundblaster? last time i checked in the park, tree's didn't grow $120 dollar notes...
Susha
Minibot

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

Transformers don't grow on trees, either.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
It Is Him wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Can someone explain how distribution works and fails? I don't understand how some toys come up extremely short in the U.S. markets, especially since Hasbro is HQ in the U.S and the U.S. makes up their largest market share for their line.

I have a pretty laymen's understanding off the supply chain (someone with some expertise feel free to correct any of this) A simple version of the supply chain is

Toys get shipped by Hasbro to Distribution Centers, which then get shipped to Retail Stores.

There's a lot of reasons why supply could get out of whack, but primarily it comes down communication and expected sales.

If Target says they need 10,000 Generation Deluxe cases, but Hasbro sends 12,000, you're going to have 2,000 sitting in a Distribution Center somewhere, which might later end up at discount stores like Tuesday Morning or Ross. There are other variables to this situation, like retail ordering more than Hasbro can provide, etc.

I think you're missing an important link here: the retail chain's warehouses. I know of at least one for my local stores in the (not-so) immediate area.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Stormrider » Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Susha wrote:explanations are all very nice, but they don't fulfill the customers initial intent.

example.
Frank walks in restaurant (to eat) to be told the kitchen is closed.
Frank goes looking for another restaurant.

whatever the explanations is the result is
A)SKIDS: a wanted figure supposed to be available at $20 is only really found at $60
B) MP RAT BAT: Hasbro is providing info on MP ultra magnus in 20whatever while not providing information on if and when a figure that is worth some $20-40 alone at best is only obtainable at $120.

explanations are hypothesis
the results... well are under the light of the sun for all to see.

... I'm not trying to troll, rather express how I feel as a customer. I find it hard to believe that nobody else feels like this. not even those who have MP soundwave, want ratbat but not soundblaster? last time i checked in the park, tree's didn't grow $120 dollar notes...

You are not alone in anger. For me, I have just grown a callus to the toy distribution problems. It doesn't solve the problem at all, but keeps me from doing this: :BANG_HEAD:

The reason why I ask about the distribution principles so I can get around this repetitive issue is I understand if the problem is fixable (such as this case of Hasbro releasing a second run), or if it's being more in tune with the potential problems and buying the figures from other markets before they dry up like Windcharger.

As you stated - Skids has manufacturing defects so I am not going out on a limb to pay top dollar for him. I would love to add him to my collection but I am willing to wait if a second run really will come out.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

I think you're missing an important link here: the retail chain's warehouses. I know of at least one for my local stores in the (not-so) immediate area.

Thanks for the explanations. I realize that there can be many variables, but now I get the gist.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210546 1A (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305E"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010O"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #19 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 19RI (W) Costa (CA) Matere"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Infestation 2 TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2012 1B (CA) Ramondelli 230124"
Infestation 2 TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #13 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 13RI"
TRANSFORMERS #13 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 RI Incentive Variant 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10RI"
TRANSFORMERS #10 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2020 with OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Legion Figures Takara"
NEW!
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 1st ptg IDW Comics 2020 MAR200688 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON