Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby carytheone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Spotted the 8" diecast boxed set at Target today for $70 with individually packaged kitties at $18 a pop.

20170803_142215.jpg
Front

20170803_142227.jpg
Back

20170803_142219.jpg
Sticker Shock

20170803_142629.jpg
Single Front

20170803_142637.jpg
Single Back

20170803_142649.jpg
Single on Peg
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6328
News Credits: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: robro-brobot

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:52 pm

thats very expensive, considering the giant one with all the functionality and sounds is only about 100$
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21487
News Credits: 932
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby carytheone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
william-james88 wrote:thats very expensive, considering the giant one with all the functionality and sounds is only about 100$
Yep. The set only comes with Voltron's sword. It appears that only select body panels are die cast as well and as per usual with die cast, a little detail is lost after painting. Soul of Chogokin this is not.

It'd be neat to have a mini desktop Voltron but not over $50.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6328
News Credits: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: robro-brobot

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby nycPrime » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:26 pm

SoC ruined it for me. No other Voltron will ever measure up.
nycPrime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 889
News Credits: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The gift set is a better value
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5645
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm old school (G1?) Voltron, so I'd rather the SoC version...

Still, if I catch this on clearance... :-?
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4829
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: North Side, Twin Cities
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Lego Voltron, thoughts?
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5645
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby itscramtastic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
LEGO Voltron DOES look cool!! I'm wondering what changes will be made though.
Image
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
carytheone wrote:I've found over the years that sometimes the wants are better than the haves.
Cobotron wrote:Do what Cram does = Happy life
User avatar
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5872
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 pm
Buy from itscramtastic on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby nycPrime » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:13 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Lego Voltron, thoughts?

That's a thing? Link?
nycPrime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 889
News Credits: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby itscramtastic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:38 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
nycPrime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Lego Voltron, thoughts?
That's a thing? Link?
Due out next year.
Image
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
carytheone wrote:I've found over the years that sometimes the wants are better than the haves.
Cobotron wrote:Do what Cram does = Happy life
User avatar
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5872
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 pm
Buy from itscramtastic on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby nycPrime » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:47 am

itscramtastic wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Lego Voltron, thoughts?
That's a thing? Link?
Due out next year.

Depending on price I'm in
nycPrime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 889
News Credits: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
nycPrime wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Lego Voltron, thoughts?
That's a thing? Link?
Due out next year.

Depending on price I'm in

Wasn't there another builder-block-LEGO-compatible Voltron already out? I seem to remember someone here doing a comparison pic with a couple of versions of Voltron.

Oh, and maybe someone needs a kidney? 'Cause I do like this LEGO Voltron. =P~ (Looks much better than the one I made as a kid out of LEGO.)

[Edit] Yeah, this one:

Image
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4829
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: North Side, Twin Cities
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby carytheone » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
I belive the user that posted those pics in this thread is the same user that got the Lego Voltron greenlighted.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6328
News Credits: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: robro-brobot

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Specter » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am

Voltrons I own:
SOC Voltron
Toynami Voltron EX
Legendary Defender Voltron
Diecast Legendary Defender Voltron
Altmites DX Voltron
Matty Collector Voltron
SDCC Blazing Sword Voltron

Voltrons I used to own:
The 3rd Dimension Voltron (Trendmasters Re-release)
3rd Dimension Jumbo Combiner Voltron
Toynami Masterpiece Voltron

Just bought Diecast Legendary Defender Voltron this weekend, and I can't recommend him enough- he's a pretty neat little guy.

I modded his head to turn, although it sacrifices his ability to look straight forward- he's always looking slightly up now, so unless he's leaning forward a little bit, it kind of looks weird- so I'm considering buying another diecast Black Lion, just in case I ever wish to just have him staring directly forward. No biggie.
Specter
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:38 am

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Follow the Beasts to the D-Max Den... If you're brave enough
Image
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 12825
News Credits: 288
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up


Don't. Buy the gift set, it's $10-$20 cheaper
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5645
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up


Don't. Buy the gift set, it's $10-$20 cheaper

Don't even do that, save up for the official Lego Voltron combiner set that's coming out next year ;)^


Image
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6740
News Credits: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up


Don't. Buy the gift set, it's $10-$20 cheaper

Don't even do that, save up for the official Lego Voltron combiner set that's coming out next year ;)^


Image


Do they actually combine or do you just build the lions and then build Voltron?
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5645
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up


Don't. Buy the gift set, it's $10-$20 cheaper

Don't even do that, save up for the official Lego Voltron combiner set that's coming out next year ;)^


Image


Do they actually combine or do you just build the lions and then build Voltron?

Oh ho ho, they combine ;)^
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6740
News Credits: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Kurona » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I would be so much more into this if it was the Legendary Defender version, but as is this is still friggin' cool!
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Kurona wrote:I would be so much more into this if it was the Legendary Defender version, but as is this is still friggin' cool!

I too like the more modern take on his aesthetics, but, how can you say no to a classic done up in lego?
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
Image
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
User avatar
Hellscream9999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6740
News Credits: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Alone
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I would be so much more into this if it was the Legendary Defender version, but as is this is still friggin' cool!

I too like the more modern take on his aesthetics, but, how can you say no to a classic done up in lego?

I easily can. Not a fan of the lego aesthetic, at least not for this. I like building cool structures, I wont lie. But for a voltron toy, I would much rather have a solid toy I dont need to build that doesnt have that 32 bit aethetic you get with lego. I am good with the Legendery Defender version.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21487
News Credits: 932
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby carytheone » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I saw the die-cast lions in Walmart yesterday for $14 each. If I didn't already have the big boy, I may have jumped and picked them up


Don't. Buy the gift set, it's $10-$20 cheaper

Don't even do that, save up for the official Lego Voltron combiner set that's coming out next year ;)^
Why not all three?

I saw that Target dropped the price on the single pack die cats as well. Still the set's a better buy.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6328
News Credits: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: [+[___]+]
Alt Mode: robro-brobot

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby itscramtastic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
I think I'm gonna agree with Hellscream9999 and say to save up for that LEGO set. I'm super pumped!!!! It also helps that I'm riding a LEGOLAND high still :lol:
Image
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
carytheone wrote:I've found over the years that sometimes the wants are better than the haves.
Cobotron wrote:Do what Cram does = Happy life
User avatar
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5872
News Credits: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 pm
Buy from itscramtastic on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Voltron/Golion collecting and fandom?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
How about the possibility of a super Minipla set?
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5645
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon