War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:06 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
...so that's the Beast Wars Waspinator design but with color influence from Animated, right? The darker green and all the purple absolutely match Animated Waspy, not BW Waspy. I hadn't even been considering that as a possibility, now I might actually have to get him...
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 913
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:13 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Primal wrote:...so that's the Beast Wars Waspinator design but with color influence from Animated, right? The darker green and all the purple absolutely match Animated Waspy, not BW Waspy. I hadn't even been considering that as a possibility, now I might actually have to get him...
BW Waspinator was dark green. The Thrilling 30 Hasbro toy was bright green for some reason.

Image

Compare with the two Takara redecos that used darker greens:

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35348
News Credits: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:26 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:...so that's the Beast Wars Waspinator design but with color influence from Animated, right? The darker green and all the purple absolutely match Animated Waspy, not BW Waspy. I hadn't even been considering that as a possibility, now I might actually have to get him...
BW Waspinator was dark green. The Thrilling 30 Hasbro toy was bright green for some reason.

Image

Compare with the two Takara redecos that used darker greens:

Image
I'm not saying that BW Waspy isn't dark green, but to my eyes, the primary shade of green on that Kingdom figure look way closer to his main Animated green than his BW green.
Waspinator_Animated.png
Waspinator_Animated.png (128.39 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

Plus he's got purple eyes in both modes and purple wings, whereas the BW colorscheme had bluish eyes and clear wings, that seems like more than a coincidence to me. It's a more muted purple than the Animated purple, sure, but it's still purple.
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 913
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:35 am

This definitely seems to take design cues from the t30 version, though as mentioned before I do feel it is mistransformed. will wait for the inevitable early reviews.
Image

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
User avatar
Immortal Starscream
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 958
News Credits: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Razorbeast88 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:51 am

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:...so that's the Beast Wars Waspinator design but with color influence from Animated, right? The darker green and all the purple absolutely match Animated Waspy, not BW Waspy. I hadn't even been considering that as a possibility, now I might actually have to get him...
BW Waspinator was dark green. The Thrilling 30 Hasbro toy was bright green for some reason.

Image

Compare with the two Takara redecos that used darker greens:

Image
I'm not saying that BW Waspy isn't dark green, but to my eyes, the primary shade of green on that Kingdom figure look way closer to his main Animated green than his BW green.
Waspinator_Animated.png

Plus he's got purple eyes in both modes and purple wings, whereas the BW colorscheme had bluish eyes and clear wings, that seems like more than a coincidence to me. It's a more muted purple than the Animated purple, sure, but it's still purple.


Niceeeeeeeeeeee
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
User avatar
Razorbeast88
Combiner
Posts: 479
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Overcracker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
o.supreme wrote:1. Waspinator (1996/97)
2. TM Waspinator (1998)
3. Animated Waspinator (2009)
4. T30 Waspinator (2013)
5. Kingdom Waspinator (2021)

*This list does not include any mini figures, or the MANY repaints and retools of the Original, TM, and T30 versions


I guess Animated Wasp a.k.a Fugitive Waspinator, the bumblebee repaint and precursor to Animated Waspinator, is not counted?

and Botcon Waspinator?
Image
Last edited by Overcracker on Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5277
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Somewhere south of the Border...
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:56 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
If it wasn't for the fact that I like Animated's take on Waspinator, I'd be really annoyed with the wings. The purple wings aren't show or animal accurate, so it's such a weird choice of color in a line that's trying to be beast mode and show accurate.

I've also noticed that HasTak has been seeming to have issues getting the likeness right for the Predacons. Like, Megatron and Black Arachnia are really well done, but Scorponok is way too stocky, and the beast mode looks a bit doofy, and now Waspinator's having issues with color and a bit of proportions (namely the arms and shins). And it's especially weird because they've nailed almost every Maximal with Rhinox's head, and Cheetor's tabs being the only real issues I've seen/heard about
Sentinel_Primal
Brainmaster
Posts: 1282
News Credits: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Overcracker wrote:I guess Animated Wasp a.k.a Fugitive Waspinator, the bumblebee repaint and precursor to Animated Waspinator, is not counted?
Well that figure never came out, so that probably took it out of the running.
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 913
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Buying that Waspinator is a given, assuming the mistransformation is just that.
'Til All Are One.

We got people around here talking about the left and 1984 like this didn't happen:

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." - Individual-1

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

‘ “We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”’ George Orwell, 1984
User avatar
sol magnus
Godmaster
Posts: 1647
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Rtron » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
The picture has extremely crap lighting, so it'd probably be a good idea to hold off debating whether he is the same exact perfect shade of green you remember him being on the show until we get some proper photos.
User avatar
Rtron
Minibot
Posts: 179
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Is it just me or is the green just a little TOO green? Lighten that up and lighten up the purple on the wings and you have 100% winner. As it is, it's still pretty nice. Interesting that the beast mode has a more legitimate "wasp" feel rather than just a normal bee.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3749
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Overcracker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I guess Animated Wasp a.k.a Fugitive Waspinator, the bumblebee repaint and precursor to Animated Waspinator, is not counted?
Well that figure never came out, so that probably took it out of the running.


Good point. :-D :lol:
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5277
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Somewhere south of the Border...
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Rtron wrote:The picture has extremely crap lighting, so it'd probably be a good idea to hold off debating whether he is the same exact perfect shade of green you remember him being on the show until we get some proper photos.

No one cares, there's going to be pages of discussion about the colors even though this is a ridiculously poopy picture. People love to talk **** about PvP but he has some production values in his videos. Want to see how a leaked toy actually looks, watch his vids. Even that moron Tiny Tim or whatever his name was had **** lighting. Taking pictures is easy but taking a good picture with accurate color representation is butt **** hard.

Edit: Tonton was his name and his videos are pure crap.
Image
User avatar
aronjlove
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
News Credits: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
aronjlove wrote:Edit: Tonton was his name and his videos are pure crap.


Yet his Kingdom Rattrap one was better than all of pvp videos, some would say 'Iconic' if it hadnt been used and beaten to death by his fellow purveyor of stolen goods for Baynus things with three seconds of screen time.


Which reminds me, I might have to pick up Kingdom rattrap soon because there's not even a scuttling of the eons ago hinted at MP.
blackeyedprime
Gestalt
Posts: 2154
News Credits: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:14 am
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 pm

blackeyedprime wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Edit: Tonton was his name and his videos are pure crap.


Yet his Kingdom Rattrap one was better than all of pvp videos, some would say 'Iconic' if it hadnt been used and beaten to death by his fellow purveyor of stolen goods for Baynus things with three seconds of screen time.


Which reminds me, I might have to pick up Kingdom rattrap soon because there's not even a scuttling of the eons ago hinted at MP.

I only ever saw the one where TonTon was complaining about ER Ratchet or Ironhide because people said it was funny but the lighting and focus really turned me off.

Might have to see the Rattrap one. And I cannot highly recommend Rattrap enough! He is a perfect size and he can sit on Rihonx's beast-mode back. The shoulders in bot mode can be funky but I get that they did what they needed for the transformations.
Image
User avatar
aronjlove
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
News Credits: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Nemesis Reformatted » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 pm

The T30 version always looked more like a fly to me. I have that one + all the Botcon Waruders so I'm definitely getting this one too.
User avatar
Nemesis Reformatted
Minibot
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 am

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Overcracker wrote:I guess Animated Wasp a.k.a Fugitive Waspinator, the bumblebee repaint and precursor to Animated Waspinator, is not counted?

and Botcon Waspinator?


Was only counting general retail. Not exclusives, or toys that never came out.
I enjoy asking questions, and always have. Please take no personal offense when I do. It's not about justification, is about acquiring knowledge.

Bucket/Want List:
1. Micromaster Combiner Sixwing (1992 Takara)
2. Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco)
3. Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco)
4. Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5196
News Credits: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

There's a whole lot of
Image
going on in response to the main article...
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 826
News Credits: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Lore Keeper wrote:There's a whole lot of
Image
going on in response to the main article...

I blame myself for not making it crystal clear that I was only counting Waspinator in his base form at the Deluxe or corresponding price point, which ruled out the accessory Waspinator, his Transmetal and the Animated one which leaves 3... as I wouldn't count redecos/reissues.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12568
News Credits: 1074
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:31 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:There's a whole lot of
Image
going on in response to the main article...

I blame myself for not making it crystal clear that I was only counting Waspinator in his base form at the Deluxe or corresponding price point, which ruled out the accessory Waspinator, his Transmetal and the Animated one which leaves 3... as I wouldn't count redecos/reissues.

Ah, I thought it was a reference to the quality of the photo, cause man it actually is pretty bad lighting-wise.
Image
User avatar
aronjlove
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
News Credits: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby megamanfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:48 pm

the arms are more hidden than the t30 one. definitely looks better. not bothered by the purple wings at all, his wings looked purple a lot of the time in the cartoon. still, it kind of just looks like they retooled the t30 one. maybe i'm imagining.
megamanfan
Minibot
Posts: 107
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
aronjlove wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:There's a whole lot of
Image
going on in response to the main article...

I blame myself for not making it crystal clear that I was only counting Waspinator in his base form at the Deluxe or corresponding price point, which ruled out the accessory Waspinator, his Transmetal and the Animated one which leaves 3... as I wouldn't count redecos/reissues.

Ah, I thought it was a reference to the quality of the photo, cause man it actually is pretty bad lighting-wise.

Huh, apparently it can be referencing a lot of things :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12568
News Credits: 1074
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
The general robot limb placement in wasp mode is very similar to the T30 mold. Shared engineering is nothing new at this point; if it ain't broke don't fix it.

That the wings are purple doesn't bother me.
User avatar
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
Posts: 1274
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm

I had someone say this is just a customized T30 Waspinator. Looking at my copy, I can unequivocally say that every single part is brand new.
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 826
News Credits: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Kingdom Discussion The Beasts Return!

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Well, looks like I might be getting Galvatron soon from BBTS.
bbts.png

Once I heard everyone was getting him I made a pre-order but did not expect it to be filled quickly.
Image
User avatar
aronjlove
Brainmaster
Posts: 1305
News Credits: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
Twincast / Podcast #280:
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Studio Series KSI BOSS Movie Voyager Figure Missing Rear Fin" on EBAY
Buy "Ramjet Cranium Crush Transformers Cyberverse Action Figure 3.5"" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE SET OF 4, GRIMLOCK, OPTIMUS, SHOCKWAVE, SLIPSTREAM!" on EBAY
Buy "NEW SEALED Long Haul And Hightower Transformers Universe" on EBAY
Buy "2020 TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE : SEEKERS - THRUST / THUNDERCRACKER" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Hasbro Transformers Generations Studio Series Battle Damaged Megatron #31" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE JETFIRE, Warrior 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse Power of the Spark CHEETOR Sea Fury" on EBAY