War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would a Leader-class "submarine" Megatron be different enough for you?
And I still want Earth mode versions of Skywarp and Thundercracker, since the F-15 is so different from the Tetrajet.
IMO they should have given us Skywarp first, since SIEGE Starscream is still warming shelves in places and SIEGE Skywarp was a smegging exclusive that's now hard to get grrrr

Yeah, I agree that releasing Skywarp first is what should have happened, but at the same time, Starscream sells... >:oP
As much as I dislike the ER Seeker mold, I have accepted that TC and Skywarp are inevitable, I'm just hoping they use the mold for those three, Coneheads, and that's it. Don't rehash Acid Storm and Red Wing and them, and make Sunstorm and any other Welcoming Committee guys Tetrajets since that'd be accurate anyway.

As for your question, I've thought the concept of Megatron being a gun was dumb ever since I first heard of it, plus his robot mode would look almost exactly the same as the two tank Megatrons we just got since it'd be the G1 guy again, so no it would not be different enough for me to buy, but I understand there are some here who would love that potential figure and I would be happy for them. A Megatron/Megatron-themed Battlemaster as a reference to it would be funny though, I'd consider that.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Combiner
Posts: 497
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would a Leader-class "submarine" Megatron be different enough for you?
And I still want Earth mode versions of Skywarp and Thundercracker, since the F-15 is so different from the Tetrajet.
IMO they should have given us Skywarp first, since SIEGE Starscream is still warming shelves in places and SIEGE Skywarp was a smegging exclusive that's now hard to get grrrr

Yeah, I agree that releasing Skywarp first is what should have happened, but at the same time, Starscream sells... >:oP
As much as I dislike the ER Seeker mold, I have accepted that TC and Skywarp are inevitable, I'm just hoping they use the mold for those three, Coneheads, and that's it. Don't rehash Acid Storm and Red Wing and them, and make Sunstorm and any other Welcoming Committee guys Tetrajets since that'd be accurate anyway.
Well, Sky Lynx's boxart says we're getting Coneheads. Agreed about not wanting F-15 Welcoming Committee or Rainmakers.
Why do you dislike the ER Seeker mold?

Nemesis Primal wrote:As for your question, I've thought the concept of Megatron being a gun was dumb ever since I first heard of it, plus his robot mode would look almost exactly the same as the two tank Megatrons we just got since it'd be the G1 guy again, so no it would not be different enough for me to buy, but I understand there are some here who would love that potential figure and I would be happy for them. A Megatron/Megatron-themed Battlemaster as a reference to it would be funny though, I'd consider that.
Yeah, well, Hasbro didn't invent the toys at the start and the Micro Change U.N.C.L.E. P38 robot had enough extra bling to be sold opposite the Diaclone Battle Convoy. Detractors derided it even then, but it's 36 years late to do anything about it.

Agreed that the robot mode wouldn't look too different aside from the barrel, but done right he'd have all the add-ons and the ability to modularly combine them as the original toy does:
Image

I think that would do a lot to set him apart.
WANT:
Energon Optimus firetruck drone; super mode hat
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Armada Downshift
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
City Commander
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Why do you dislike the ER Seeker mold?

1. I really like the Siege Seeker mold, it's the only Seeker mold so far I've actually bought multiple decos of (I have the Rainmakers, I'm going to get Hotlink, and I occasionally check out eBay for Red Wing still).
2. Getting the new ER mold RIGHT after said Siege mold is really annoying, and in the first wave no less.
3. It's basically just a lazy upscaling of the Classics mold, but with new leg mechanisms and better articulation (but not as good as the Siege's), and I never liked/wanted that Classics mold, it was just TOO "G1 with knees" for me.
4. Something about his face sculpt seems off to me in every picture of him I've seen.

I only intend to get it in Conehead form because that mold seems better suited for them and their required remolding, and I know they won't use the Tetrajet mold for Coneheads because they were never on Cybertron and the remolding would raise all sorts of questions. And even then, the only Conehead I'm dead set on getting is Ramjet (my favorite of the three), the other two I have to see first.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Combiner
Posts: 497
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:38 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Re: #3 Well see, in most cases I like "G1 with knees". :P And the thing is, the Classics mold pretty much perfectly captured the cartoon design while keeping it transformable and able to be turned into the coneheads. It was just a size class too small for the modern age. And so in a cartoon-based line, what else are they going to do?
It also has to be said that the ER version actually hides the robot head.

Re: #2 In my case I was expecting that, and hoping for it even. I went into this trilogy intending to double-dip for Earth and Cybertronian modes on Starscream, Skywarp, and TC.
WANT:
Energon Optimus firetruck drone; super mode hat
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Armada Downshift
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
City Commander
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:45 pm

I love the classic Seeker mold, so the ER mold is gonna be like crack for me. Once I saw it I went out and asked my then-finance for Red Wing for my birthday and the Rainmakers for Christmas. I think they all look nice together in robot mode. But I really have to stop myself before going too crazy with buying Seekers. Again.

About the only thing I have against the classics and ER mold is the chest in jet mode. I don't know if there's a great solution for that in a G1 design. So I'm super happy with what I have. I can really understand being annoyed at getting a new Starscream if you got the Siege version, though.

I hope they don't pump out product too quickly. It can get pricey at voyager prices.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4426
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:55 pm

I'm torn on the seekers. I love the Siege mold, both modes look great, especially the ones with uniform colors. Screamer, Cracker and Skywarp look good too, but the breaks in their deco in jet mode makes them a little less pleasing to my eyes than Red Wing and the Rainmakers. However, just based on seeing reviews of ER Starscream, I don't like the seeker bot mode. The jet mode looks great. But the bot mode is off, IMO. Off enough to make me pass on them and just consider the Siege versions the representatives of the entire trilogy. Unless, of course, part 3 knocks it out of the park somehow.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11221
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Wh33l Jck » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Emerje wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:And I forgot a point about reissuing Metroplex: he would need to be retooled with ramp connectors.

That would be a pretty great way to piss off people that already have Metroplex. Better to just be a straight re-release, there aren't any good spots to put ramps anyway.

Emerje



They should just redo Metroplex, so he isn’t glaringly bigger than Trypticon.... make him less video game style and more g1 toy/toon inspired?


Then that would give them just cause to add in the ramp capability...
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Metroplex is NOT bigger than Trypticon. Taller, yes, because they're the same size class and Trypticon is a theropod dinosaur with a tail. But not bigger. And even with the height difference, they're still close enough to square off well:
Image

It's not the extreme height difference of the G1 Fort Max and Scorponok toys:
Image

Also, while T30 Metroplex's aesthetic is obnoxiously IDW/WFC (game) based... his overall design is still that of the original toy.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I love the classic Seeker mold, so the ER mold is gonna be like crack for me. Once I saw it I went out and asked my then-finance for Red Wing for my birthday and the Rainmakers for Christmas. I think they all look nice together in robot mode. But I really have to stop myself before going too crazy with buying Seekers. Again.

About the only thing I have against the classics and ER mold is the chest in jet mode. I don't know if there's a great solution for that in a G1 design.
Not really, that's about as good as can be got on a mainline toy. The MPs did better, but trying to scale that down to a mainline toy would result in parts with all the durability of cotton candy.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:So I'm super happy with what I have. I can really understand being annoyed at getting a new Starscream if you got the Siege version, though.
I think of it like a lesser version (due to having an Earth robot mode either way) of the Earth Mode and Cybertron Mode figures from Animated. The Seekers are helped a lot on that front by the huge difference between a tetrajet and an F-15.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I hope they don't pump out product too quickly. It can get pricey at voyager prices.
Indeed. And there's less shelfspace for Voyagers than there is for Deluxes.

@Rodimus, what do you find off about the ER Seeker mold's robot mode?
WANT:
Energon Optimus firetruck drone; super mode hat
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Armada Downshift
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
City Commander
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Wh33l Jck » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:46 am

I don't know, this size difference doesn't seem right to me....
Attachments
trypticon1.jpg
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:17 pm

You're not taking into account that a significant amount of Tryppy's mass is in his tail. It might not add to his height, but if you want to measure the figure's true length, go from the head to the end of the tail, not the feet. He's at least as long as Metroplex that way. And its function is limited in robot mode, but in the other modes the tail/ramp is the center of the city/base. And 1 of the reasons I don't have Metroplex is because I thought he was too skinny and lanky. He should be a little shorter and have his mass distributed a little more sideways instead of vertically. Then he would look more like the original. Not that that was a deciding factor in my not getting him. I did have him and he just felt light and flimsy. Not even close to Trypticon.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 11221
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 pm

I agree with wanting Trypticon to be "bigger." He might have as much mass as Metroplex does, but he seems far smaller then he does when he's right next to him.

May as well wish to have a non-broken Trippy for all the good wishing does me, though. I didn't realize the tail had the same problem as the hips until it was too late. It doesn't really seem to hinder him much at all, so there's that.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4426
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Either a new Whirl or a reissue of the existing Generations one in better plastic, just so that certain people can finally replace theirs and shush about the stench.
WANT:
Energon Optimus firetruck drone; super mode hat
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Armada Downshift
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
City Commander
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Tuned Agent » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Either a new Whirl or a reissue of the existing Generations one in better plastic, just so that certain people can finally replace theirs and shush about the stench.

A MTMTE Whirl would be epic, but chances of that happening are miniscule at best. >:oP
User avatar
Tuned Agent
Minibot
Posts: 144
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Motto: "It's unnerving and insulting when people in a toy-based fandom, whatever it is, make statements to the effect that general consumers and fans of lesser financial means should be deprived entirely of the ability to partake of the primary market."
Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Tuned Agent wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Either a new Whirl or a reissue of the existing Generations one in better plastic, just so that certain people can finally replace theirs and shush about the stench.

A MTMTE Whirl would be epic, but chances of that happening are miniscule at best. >:oP
I dunno. While Generations Whirl deviates less than Jetfire... he's still not an exacting enhanced copy of the Oberon Gazette, because he can't be. Much like how no official Roadbuster toy can be an exacting enhanced copy of the Mugen Caliber. They have to deviate with those two.
WANT:
Energon Optimus firetruck drone; super mode hat
Ultra-class Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mutant mask
Combiner Wars Dead End or Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire "JTFR" Panels
Armada Downshift
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, 1x launcher/sword hilt
User avatar
ZeldaTheSwordsman
City Commander
Posts: 3006
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:07 am

Re: War for Cybertron Trilogy figures you'd like to see

Postby Tuned Agent » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Either a new Whirl or a reissue of the existing Generations one in better plastic, just so that certain people can finally replace theirs and shush about the stench.

A MTMTE Whirl would be epic, but chances of that happening are miniscule at best. >:oP
I dunno. While Generations Whirl deviates less than Jetfire... he's still not an exacting enhanced copy of the Oberon Gazette, because he can't be. Much like how no official Roadbuster toy can be an exacting enhanced copy of the Mugen Caliber. They have to deviate with those two.

True, but the design of MTMTE Whirl is very different from G1 Whirl. It's different enough that, unless the focus of Generations expands outside of G1, I doubt it would ever be seriously considered by the current design team. They would more likely just tweak the G1 design enough so that they don't incur any legal wrath.
User avatar
Tuned Agent
Minibot
Posts: 144
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
Twincast / Podcast #244:
"Call Me Maybe"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Siege BATTLE MASTERS RUNG And SINGE  War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock (Hasbro, 2012) Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Autobot T-Rex" on EBAY
Buy "Universal Studios Transformers Bumblebee Elongated Penny Coin Token" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2016 Transformers Evolution Soundwave Tablet Exclusive Apple iPad" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Figure and Parts Lot - Megatron Strongarm Acid Storm RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Decepticon Insecticon Kickback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Electronic Bumblebee 10" Figure Hasbro A1076 2012" on EBAY