Will the Switch fail?

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Will the Switch fail?

Postby CastletonSnob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Nintendo's new console is coming out soon. Do you think it will succeed or fail?
CastletonSnob
Mini-Con
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm

I know nothing about it. What do you think CastletonSnob? Will it succeed or fail?
Image
Cobotron wrote:I'm drunk as **** right now!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 43699
News Credits: 97
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby Stuartmaximus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Switch
Formers?
Image
Stuartmaximus
Gestalt
Posts: 2914
News Credits: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 am

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I don't understand how the switch will fit into anyone's pocket and they don't have any games I want to play enough to buy the system. I'll stick to my 3DS.
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 640
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Nintendo fans actually buy their games, which is more I can say for Sony and Microsoft fans. I was a Sony fanboy before the announce of the Switch, but the so called "Playstation Nation" doesn't even support their games. They don't buy them. They just sit around on the PS4 all day watching Netflix and gossiping. And the few people who actually play games are only ever playing crap like Destiny or Call of Duty. I can't stand it. Just look at the sales for Sony's exclusives. People were excited, throwing parties over Uncharted 4 selling 8 million copies in a year, which is NOTHING for Nintendo. Some Pokemon game for the 3DS I think, sold 15 million in a month! Nintendo would be EMBARRASSED if one of their games only sold 8 million copies in a goddamn year. Especially since actual good games like Bloodborne (truly, one of the greatest video games of all time) can only sell 2 million copies in 2 years? I'm done with Sony and the "Playstation Nation." These people are completely insane.

The Switch is already sold completely out all over the world. I don't see how it can fail.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby Shadowman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:39 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:Some Pokemon game for the 3DS I think, sold 15 million in a month!


False. None of the Gen6 games managed to sell 15 million in even two years. And the Gen7 games haven't crossed 15 million in the three months they've been out.

SlyTF1 wrote:Nintendo would be EMBARRASSED if one of their games only sold 8 million copies in a goddamn year.


Splatoon has sold less than 5 million copies in a year and a half. It's been considered a rousing success and is getting a sequel on the Switch. And even better: No Zelda game (Not counting re-releases as being the same game; ie Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time 3D are separate) has ever sold more than 8 million copies, and that's one of their biggest franchises. (Twilight Princess has been out for ten years, and it's only passed 8 million if you add in the sales numbers for the Gamecube and Wii U versions) Super Mario 3D World, a main game from their flagship franchise...hasn't broken 5 million copies to this day.

I could go on if you wanted.

SlyTF1 wrote:Especially since actual good games like Bloodborne (truly, one of the greatest video games of all time) can only sell 2 million copies in 2 years?


Sales estimates from six months after the game was released. Also, Bloodborne hasn't been out for two years.

SlyTF1 wrote:The Switch is already sold completely out all over the world. I don't see how it can fail.


This part I can agree with; they even made sure people have tried the product, which is where a lot of the hype has been generated. (As opposed to the Molyneux Method of just making **** up and hoping no one cares you're lying)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30112
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Some Pokemon game for the 3DS I think, sold 15 million in a month!


False. None of the Gen6 games managed to sell 15 million in even two years. And the Gen7 games haven't crossed 15 million in the three months they've been out.

SlyTF1 wrote:Nintendo would be EMBARRASSED if one of their games only sold 8 million copies in a goddamn year.


Splatoon has sold less than 5 million copies in a year and a half. It's been considered a rousing success and is getting a sequel on the Switch. And even better: No Zelda game (Not counting re-releases as being the same game; ie Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time 3D are separate) has ever sold more than 8 million copies, and that's one of their biggest franchises. (Twilight Princess has been out for ten years, and it's only passed 8 million if you add in the sales numbers for the Gamecube and Wii U versions) Super Mario 3D World, a main game from their flagship franchise...hasn't broken 5 million copies to this day.

I could go on if you wanted.

SlyTF1 wrote:Especially since actual good games like Bloodborne (truly, one of the greatest video games of all time) can only sell 2 million copies in 2 years?


Sales estimates from six months after the game was released. Also, Bloodborne hasn't been out for two years.

SlyTF1 wrote:The Switch is already sold completely out all over the world. I don't see how it can fail.


This part I can agree with; they even made sure people have tried the product, which is where a lot of the hype has been generated. (As opposed to the Molyneux Method of just making **** up and hoping no one cares you're lying)


Excuse W3? According to its Wiki page: "As of December 31, 2016, the game has shipped 14.69 million copies, already outselling Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." - http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

Bloodborne came out March 24th 2017, that's close enough to 2 years. And since December, the game has sold 2,609,404 units. That's pathetic. One of the greatest games of all time, and nobody bought it.

5 million copies is still more than the 2 million Bloodborne sold, or any other Sony exclusive. Gravity Rush, Yakuza, Dragon Quest Heroes. Nobody buys these games, and they're some of the best out there. In fact, they sell so poorly that Sony LOST Dragon Quest Heroes to the Switch.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby Shadowman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Some Pokemon game for the 3DS I think, sold 15 million in a month!


False. None of the Gen6 games managed to sell 15 million in even two years. And the Gen7 games haven't crossed 15 million in the three months they've been out.

SlyTF1 wrote:Nintendo would be EMBARRASSED if one of their games only sold 8 million copies in a goddamn year.


Splatoon has sold less than 5 million copies in a year and a half. It's been considered a rousing success and is getting a sequel on the Switch. And even better: No Zelda game (Not counting re-releases as being the same game; ie Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time 3D are separate) has ever sold more than 8 million copies, and that's one of their biggest franchises. (Twilight Princess has been out for ten years, and it's only passed 8 million if you add in the sales numbers for the Gamecube and Wii U versions) Super Mario 3D World, a main game from their flagship franchise...hasn't broken 5 million copies to this day.

I could go on if you wanted.

SlyTF1 wrote:Especially since actual good games like Bloodborne (truly, one of the greatest video games of all time) can only sell 2 million copies in 2 years?


Sales estimates from six months after the game was released. Also, Bloodborne hasn't been out for two years.

SlyTF1 wrote:The Switch is already sold completely out all over the world. I don't see how it can fail.


This part I can agree with; they even made sure people have tried the product, which is where a lot of the hype has been generated. (As opposed to the Molyneux Method of just making **** up and hoping no one cares you're lying)


Excuse W3? According to its Wiki page: "As of December 31, 2016, the game has shipped 14.69 million copies, already outselling Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." - http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon


Yes. You said a Pokemon game on 3DS broke 15 million copies in a month. Except no Pokemon game has ever done that, as you just proved.

SlyTF1 wrote:Bloodborne came out March 24th 2017, that's close enough to 2 years. And since December, the game has sold 2,609,404 units. That's pathetic. One of the greatest games of all time, and nobody bought it.


First off, one of the greatest? You're being pretty generous there.

Second, 2 million units sold isn't bad. Compared to Psychonauts and Okami, two actually really amazing games...both of which sold to the tune of 200,000.

SlyTF1 wrote:5 million copies is still more than the 2 million Bloodborne sold, or any other Sony exclusive. Gravity Rush, Yakuza, Dragon Quest Heroes. Nobody buys these games, and they're some of the best out there. In fact, they sell so poorly that Sony LOST Dragon Quest Heroes to the Switch.


And? All you're doing is showing off how little you understand about sales figures. Yeah, Yakuza sold so poorly, that's what it's gotten six sequels, a prequel, and a bunch of spinoffs. Gravity Rush also got a sequel released just a couple weeks ago. And Dragon Quest Heroes wasn't "lost" to the Switch, it's being ported over. (It's also a third-party title, Sony had nothing to do with it)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30112
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Will the Switch fail?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Ok, the Switch has been released and even though I didn't get to see it in action, from what I saw in-store the design is... pretty decent, but not as a big of a change from the WiiU.

Compared to the WiiU, it's very compact. Just think of the WiiU Touch Pad with the Wii Remotes attached. That's it. It's not a true handheld, nor was it meant to be; think of the difference between a tablet and a smart phone. Instead, it blurrs the line a little.

To go into more detail, everything seems to be contained in the WiiU Pad-like screen module, with the separate housing connecting it to the HDTV. Yes, like the WiiU before, it does HD, but it's supplied with an HDMI-cable only, so older TV's are out of luck. You don't need need one however thanks to the aforementioned screen.
The controllers, well... the best way to describe them is that it's actually a single controller, split between left and right designated + and - like electro-magnetic poles. The clever bit is that they can "Switch" functions between two standalone remotes, connected to the main console, or connected together via an extra piece like a classic controller, depending on what a particular game supports. It's like having the Wii Remotes and the WiiU pad all in one, hence me saying it's not that big of a jump for you WiiU owners.

The games I can't really comment on, but the selection is decent with some suprising entries: the new Zelda game (I believe there's a WiiU version as well), Bomberman returning despite Hudsonsoft's bankruptcy, Tetris x Puyo Puyo and even an indie game, "The Binding of Isaac". I have to say this in advance though: because of the Switch's portable nature Nintendo has returned to cartridges or "game cards" instead of discs, not done for a console since the Nintendo 64. At least loading times shouldn't be a problem anymore :lol:

At only $299.99 it's pretty cheap as is Nintendo's hallmark. What will hurt your wallet more are the accessories, especially for the controllers. Even though in theory it's a single controller split in two, the accessories for each side are sold separately, a pretty bad move. That's my only real complaint for now.

The Nintendo Switch's appeal is its inherent ability to "Switch" between classic console and (rather large) handheld, but don't expect it to be like a new 3DS or successor to it just yet. I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens when the hype dies down, but one thing will always remain: Nintendo isn't afraid to be different, to try new thing, and they don't rely on paw processing power alone.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18452
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers legends LG36 Soundwave Japan Import - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 3 minutes 52 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain MISB In stock - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 6 minutes 43 seconds
LEE BRADLEY signed autograph In Person TRANSFORMERS 8x10 (20x25cm)  COMIC ARTIST - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 8 minutes 33 seconds
New Generation Toy Transformers GT-4 J4ZZ MP Jazz Action Figure In Stock - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 14 minutes 53 seconds
Vintage Transformers 1989 PARTS - victory galaxy shuttle platform Countdown - Time Remaining: 24 days 18 hours 19 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th Doubledealer Voyager Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 29 minutes 29 seconds
New Transformers Generation Toy GT-4 J4ZZ MP JAZZ in stock - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 38 minutes 6 seconds
2001 TRANSFORMERS Ultra Class MEGATRON Predacon Robots In Disguise RID FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 38 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017
Twincast / Podcast #170:
"NC Comicon 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Website Security Test