X Men arcade game is coming back!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby 8 bit » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Man, I am pumped about this!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/09/x- ... eo-preview
The first time I played this game was sometime back in the 90's in an old comic book store. I don't even think I got very far, but the game was still a blast! After that, this became my game of choice whenever I went to an arcade.

It's gonna be a lot of fun slashing up hordes of Sentinels as Wolverine again!
Image
User avatar
8 bit
Pretender
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Castlevania
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:30 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JGAKCNuKw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JGAKCNuKw

FINALLY!!!!

Ok, I'll admit that I don't have that much love for the Arcade game, because I got to play very little of it when I was younger. However, when I did play it I had a blast because you could be Nightcrawler. So glad it's coming to XBLA.

It'll also be nice to see "what could have been", because it's essentially a sequal to the one shot/pilot episode "Pryde of the X-Men".

Now let's hope The Simpsons Arcade game is next. After all, the most recent Simpsons DVD season(13 wasn't it?) has The Arcade game plastered all over it, and even a video game retrospective.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby 8 bit » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:31 am

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Duke of Luns wrote:Now let's hope The Simpsons Arcade game is next. After all, the most recent Simpsons DVD season(13 wasn't it?) has The Arcade game plastered all over it, and even a video game retrospective.

The people blogging over at IGN about the X-Men game are saying the same thing about the Simposon's Arcade game. I must have missed something because I never played that one. Just checked out a couple of videos of it though, looks like it would make a great multi-player game!
Image
User avatar
8 bit
Pretender
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Castlevania
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 am

8 bit wrote:
Duke of Luns wrote:Now let's hope The Simpsons Arcade game is next. After all, the most recent Simpsons DVD season(13 wasn't it?) has The Arcade game plastered all over it, and even a video game retrospective.

The people blogging over at IGN about the X-Men game are saying the same thing about the Simposon's Arcade game. I must have missed something because I never played that one. Just checked out a couple of videos of it though, looks like it would make a great multi-player game!


Yeah, I'll admit they did influence my post. But still, Season 13's(? I don't have it, but my bro does) packaging, DVD menu's, etc. all scream Simpson's Arcade. It makes ya wonder if they have something up their sleeve....

But back on topic! This game is also one of the few that allows you to play as The Dazzler. Yay?
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby Duke of Luns » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 am

It's out today X-Box owners :grin: . From my understanding, PS3 doesn't get it for a couple months.

But anyway, playing it with my bro tonight. It will be awsome. Nightcrawler all the way!!
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby 8 bit » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Duke of Luns wrote:It's out today X-Box owners :grin: . From my understanding, PS3 doesn't get it for a couple months.

But anyway, playing it with my bro tonight. It will be awsome. Nightcrawler all the way!!

Sweet! Gonna download it as soon as I can get some more MS points!
*EDIT* Forgot to ask: are there unlimited continues in single-player?
Image
User avatar
8 bit
Pretender
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Castlevania
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 am

As far as I know, the continues are unlimited. I died a lot.

However, I don't think you can switch characters mid-game without restarting.

And the game is short. Not even a half hour long. But it is an arcade game from 1992, and it's X-Men, so I'm they brought it out. Maybe Captain America and the Avengers, Spider-Man, Punisher(with Nick Fury) are on the horizen as well if it sells well.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby 8 bit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 am

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Duke of Luns wrote:As far as I know, the continues are unlimited.

Darn. I'm not sure why they do that. Sort takes the challenge out of the single player mode when you know that you have infinite lives. Oh well, I'm still planning on getting it.

Duke of Luns wrote:Maybe Captain America and the Avengers, Spider-Man, Punisher(with Nick Fury) are on the horizen as well if it sells well.

Maybe they will with the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 just around the corner!
Image
User avatar
8 bit
Pretender
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Castlevania
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: X Men arcade game is coming back!

Postby Duke of Luns » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:37 pm

8 bit wrote:
Duke of Luns wrote:As far as I know, the continues are unlimited.

Darn. I'm not sure why they do that. Sort takes the challenge out of the single player mode when you know that you have infinite lives. Oh well, I'm still planning on getting it.


While I do see your point, this is a straight up arcade port, not a home version. Since the Arcade version technically had infinite continues(so long as you kept feeding it quarters), it wouldn't be fair if they didn't include those with the port.

Also, while they could probably charge like 60 MS Points per continue(25 cents, I think), I don't think that would go over too well.

8 bit wrote:Maybe they will with the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 just around the corner!


I nearly forgot about that! It will be awsome.
Image
Duke of Luns
Faction Commander
Posts: 4386
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Blaster & Twin Cast NEW! - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 49 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron and Nucleon NEW! - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 50 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Sentinel Prime & Infinitus - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 50 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Voyager Class Scattershot NEW! Betatron Core! - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 50 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS MENASOR 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW! BREAKDOWN - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 50 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BRUTICUS 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW SHOCKWAVE - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 49 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Voyager Class Hot Spot NEW! Defensor Core! - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 50 minutes 4 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DEVASTATOR 6 FIGURE COMBINER WARS BOXED SET NEW 18IN - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 50 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017
Twincast / Podcast #166:
"Toy Fair 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Website Security Test