Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts

Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts

Thursday, October 18th, 2007 6:30pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 12,081

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers Movie Score has debuted in the American Billboard Charts at position #172.

The Transformers Movie Score has also reached spot #13 on the Soundtrack Billboard Charts.

All this with a reported 4,300 sales according to MTV.com.

Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!

Credit(s): billboard.biz, mtv.com, tfw2005


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409271)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CDT
Thats impressive. I'm actualy suprized that it made the chart. It was a good soundtrack, but I didn't think it'd do this well.

What I'd realy love though is a Sounds of BumbleBee disc with all the songs he used!
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409319)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:03pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Thats impressive. I'm actualy suprized that it made the chart. It was a good soundtrack, but I didn't think it'd do this well.

What I'd really love though is a Sounds of BumbleBee disc with all the songs he used!


I know I'd buy that, my gf would buy that for herself, and her friends would too. I'm sure alot of people who did not buy either the OST or Score would buy it as well.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409323)
Posted by First-Aid on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:Thats impressive. I'm actualy suprized that it made the chart. It was a good soundtrack, but I didn't think it'd do this well.

What I'd really love though is a Sounds of BumbleBee disc with all the songs he used!


I know I'd buy that, my gf would buy that for herself, and her friends would too. I'm sure alot of people who did not buy either the OST or Score would buy it as well.


I'll throw in a vote for that myself...it's a great idea! I'm still trying to find the score here locally. Can we upload it from iTunes?
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409389)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:54pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!


Yeah, I suspect it would have done tons better had it gotten a wider release, especially in Canada.[/Still Harping On That]
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409393)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:55pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!


Yeah, I suspect it would have done tons better had it gotten a wider release, especially in Canada.[/Still Harping On That]


We noticed! :P

I think it's a USA exclusive at present, as I have heard no sight nor sound of its release anywhere else in the world.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409408)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:07pm CDT
cool deal :)
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409427)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:26pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I think it's a USA exclusive at present, as I have heard no sight nor sound of its release anywhere else in the world.


Didn't it get released in Europe?
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409473)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:56pm CDT
I have yet to see it in the US at Target, Walmart or Best Buy. I assume it is on Amazon, but I haven't looked yet. I wanted to see it brick and mortar, but all I've seen is the 86 movie and the regular movie 'pop' soundtrack.

Bumblebee's tunes would be cool though.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409479)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:05pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:I think it's a USA exclusive at present, as I have heard no sight nor sound of its release anywhere else in the world.


Didn't it get released in Europe?


If it did I have not read anything about it, no reviews, listings etc.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409575)
Posted by ondi on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:14pm CDT
Well in Australia we usually get the same stuff as Europe. The only way we can get it here is through the Big W online store where they order is specifically from the US. I think its priced around $38 Aus. As far as I know it is unavailable otherwise. (great idea on the Bumble Tunes by the way!) I orders my copy of the soundtrack via amazon (hope its gets here soon!!!)
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409652)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:49pm CDT
ondi wrote:Well in Australia we usually get the same stuff as Europe. The only way we can get it here is through the Big W online store where they order is specifically from the US. I think its priced around $38 Aus. As far as I know it is unavailable otherwise. (great idea on the Bumble Tunes by the way!) I orders my copy of the soundtrack via amazon (hope its gets here soon!!!)


Other Aussies have already gotten theirs from Amazon, so hopefully it wont be long for you either.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409660)
Posted by ondi on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:53pm CDT
Other Aussies have already gotten theirs from Amazon, so hopefully it wont be long for you either.[/quote]


I can only Hope!!
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409722)
Posted by TheKnightShift on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:51pm CDT
Just posted it on my blog with a holler out to Seibertron.com :grin:

I've heard over the past few days that the suits at Warners are still very excited about how much the CD is selling. Hopefully they will act accordingly and start getting this out to more stores. Like, a lot more :P
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409772)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 19th, 2007 @ 12:44am CDT
I'ma order it next week, lol.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (410379)
Posted by ErrantTransformation on October 19th, 2007 @ 10:54am CDT
That number should've been better if only some morons along the supply chain weren't there. I already know of several people who gave up looking and just downloaded it off some bittorrent. Really a big shame.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (410564)
Posted by CInemastique on October 19th, 2007 @ 12:21pm CDT
There's a lot of bootlegging going on, too... In this case, I'd never download it questionably due to the effort that was put into putting it out in the first place. These sales need to send the studios a message: WE STILL WANT FILM SCORES.

Unfortunately, they need to do a better job releasing it. Pretty bad when people are getting music the wrong way not because they're cheap, but because it's the only way to realistically obtain it. Let's hope it's not a problem we'll see too often.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS - PLAYSKOOL Heroes - RESCUE BOTS - Rescan Autobot BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS - PLAYSKOOL Heroes - RESCUE BOTS - Rescan JET BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron Figure In Stock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Kickback action figure Nice!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Racing Trailer BLURR FIGURE ONLY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 GI Joe Transformers Epic Conclusion Set Jetfire Hound Baroness MISB!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG-26 Bumblebee Gold Bug Takara Tomy Action Figure" on EBAY