First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package

Thursday, January 31st, 2008 10:56AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 44,931

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

ACtoys.net has given us our first look at the fully painted Blackarachnia figure from the Transformers Animated series. The image shows the figure in-package.

See the original thread by clicking here.

Credit(s): ACtoys.net
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619245)
Posted by First-Aid on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:02am CST
Dude...

I really am starting to like this TF:Ani line. She LOOKS evil...does anyone remember who is voicing her?
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619247)
Posted by Prowl Pants on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:03am CST
Outstanding job! A must-get.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619251)
Posted by King Henrik on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:07am CST
First-Aid wrote:Dude...

I really am starting to like this TF:Ani line. She LOOKS evil...does anyone remember who is voicing her?


cree summer does the voice... shes done lots of other voicework although nothing comes to mind right now off the top of my head...

also whats a grapnel hook? (look at the bottom right of the package)..lol
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619253)
Posted by JDD01 on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:10am CST
King Henrik wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Dude...

I really am starting to like this TF:Ani line. She LOOKS evil...does anyone remember who is voicing her?


cree summer does the voice... shes done lots of other voicework although nothing comes to mind right now off the top of my head...

also whats a grapnel hook? (look at the bottom right of the package)..lol


Yeah Cree Summer has done alot of shows like Disney's Gargolyes
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619256)
Posted by Nekoman on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:13am CST
Blackarachinia is one of the Animated figures I can tolerate. Overall the robot mode impressed me but the alt looks very lacking and dumb. I was only able to get the BM version of this character so I’ll be happy to add this one to my collection.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619285)
Posted by Bumblethumper on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:37am CST
Already posted twice today. Can someone please merge the threads!

earlier thread
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619299)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:49am CST
Very nice. But I'd rather see pics of her out of package. I see she's got some kind of grappling device like her original form. ;)^ I hope we get more Beasties in Animated. If we can't get them as Universe Classics, at least we can get them in Animated.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619307)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 31st, 2008 @ 11:54am CST
I hate to be picky but... does anyone else think her front legs are too short?
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619316)
Posted by Z3ROhour on January 31st, 2008 @ 12:08pm CST
frickin rad
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619318)
Posted by microclone on January 31st, 2008 @ 12:12pm CST
Caelus wrote:I hate to be picky but... does anyone else think her front legs are too short?


not necessarily some spiders have proportionately small front legs and huge rear ones so i cant see why a toy one cant!

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/King4.jpg

http://www.slithercity.com/Home/Arachni ... Baboon.jpg

her two front leg pairs become her back robot appendages, so this perhaps gives a better looking robot mode.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619336)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 31st, 2008 @ 12:30pm CST
microclone wrote:
Caelus wrote:I hate to be picky but... does anyone else think her front legs are too short?


not necessarily some spiders have proportionately small front legs and huge rear ones so i cant see why a toy one cant!

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/King4.jpg

http://www.slithercity.com/Home/Arachni ... Baboon.jpg

her two front leg pairs become her back robot appendages, so this perhaps gives a better looking robot mode.



The short pair of 'legs' in the first pic are pedipalps, technically mouthparts, but the second picture is a solid illustration of what you're saying.

But it's not that the design is implausible/unrealistic that bothers me, just that it is aesthetically displeasing.

That and the combination of the legs proportions and the apparently fused thorax and abdomen makes me think of a far less intimidating arachnid.

As far as the legs in robotmode, I'm sure you're right, although I wouldn't have minded a pair of longer legs on her back Techmarine style.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619340)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 31st, 2008 @ 12:40pm CST
When will be the new Animated episodes? According to Cartoon Network Schedules, the next episodes are: feb.3: Home is where the spark is and feb.9-10: Total Meltdown. :sad:
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619343)
Posted by microclone on January 31st, 2008 @ 12:41pm CST
Caelus wrote:
microclone wrote:
Caelus wrote:I hate to be picky but... does anyone else think her front legs are too short?


not necessarily some spiders have proportionately small front legs and huge rear ones so i cant see why a toy one cant!

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/King4.jpg

http://www.slithercity.com/Home/Arachni ... Baboon.jpg

her two front leg pairs become her back robot appendages, so this perhaps gives a better looking robot mode.







The short pair of 'legs' in the first pic are pedipalps, technically mouthparts, but the second picture is a solid illustration of what you're saying.

But it's not that the design is implausible/unrealistic that bothers me, just that it is aesthetically displeasing.

That and the combination of the legs proportions and the apparently fused thorax and abdomen makes me think of a far less intimidating arachnid.

As far as the legs in robotmode, I'm sure you're right, although I wouldn't have minded a pair of longer legs on her back Techmarine style.


you are correct, the first pair of appendages are the pedipalps and less to do with locomotion than sensory perception. The first three pairs of legs are significantly smaller than the rear pair though, i own four of these beasties so know first hand! and that other arachnid you link to, looks rather like a flea to me :)
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619367)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 31st, 2008 @ 1:33pm CST
microclone wrote:and that other arachnid you link to, looks rather like a flea to me :)


Doh fleas are insects aren't they? I always want to think they're arachnids like ticks.

Well, anyway, that's what I think of when I look at that figure. A flea.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619369)
Posted by dragons on January 31st, 2008 @ 1:38pm CST
from what i can see from the package she has a big butt

anyway thie figure looks great i never seen the previous figures of blackaracnia from beast wars to beast machines but i do like the realaism that this figure brings into spider mode really not sure when but when i do pick up some of these figures blackaracnia will be one of them.

it looks like the graplener hook is attached to her some how in robotmode and in spider mode so it looks like shes swinging from branch to branch like other real spiders do when the make webs or to cocoon there prey.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619397)
Posted by No Death for Prowl on January 31st, 2008 @ 2:22pm CST
I'm not as impressed with this figure as some of the others in this line so far, but a few out of package pictures will definitely help, as stated by somebody else in this thread.

I think part of the problem(for me, at least) is that the whole "Decepticon insect" concept really hasn't evolved much since the G1 Insecticons. It feels like if you've seen one, then you've seen them all since they really are just slight variations on the original Insecticon. I'm not saying that makes for a bad figure, but it's hard to get overally excited for it.

But again, some more pictures will help.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619410)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 31st, 2008 @ 2:33pm CST
I dont want to see the crappy looking box i want to see bot and alt modes. It looks ok but until i see the bot mode im not passing judgment.
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619464)
Posted by Blurrz on January 31st, 2008 @ 3:17pm CST
Wow. That's actually an impressive figure
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619498)
Posted by justynnbailey on January 31st, 2008 @ 3:49pm CST
Cree Summer...uhm...Kids Next Door, Batman Beyond, Rugrats, Tiny Toons, Gargoyles...Oh! And she was the voice of Penny on Inspector Gadget!
Re: First Look at Transformers Animated Blackarachnia In-Package (619499)
Posted by imotron on January 31st, 2008 @ 3:52pm CST
Anther cool character flushed away... what a shame :sad:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
Twincast / Podcast #236:
"Tangled Web"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri Transformers 02 Tarn Action Figure  - USED, Display" on EBAY
Buy "OTransformers Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobots. STRAFE. 27 Pieces Hasbr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Rung Battle Master Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe SILVERBOLT Ultra Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Blast Off. Delivery is Free" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie DD04 crank case" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Starscream" on EBAY