Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more!

Transformers News: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more!

Monday, March 16th, 2009 12:33PM CDT

Categories: Event News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 61,371

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

I received the following message from our friend Stan Bush, famous for his song "The Touch" which was originally released with the animated Transformers: The Movie soundtrack back in 1986.

Hey Ryan,

Hope things are good with you. I wanted to send you the link for a new music video we did using "The Touch" as a tribute to the troops. It would be great if you guys would post the link on your site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9khwxen14

Also, I've been holding off announcing this, but "The Touch" is going to be in Guitar Hero! Activision will be releasing it as a free download. I'll contact Activision this week to find out the release date and let you know.

Hasbro is releasing two new TF2 toys in May containing "The Touch"! It looks like I'll be performing at BOTCON 09 here in L.A. on May 30th with my band. (I should get confirmation this week.) Also, I'll be appearing/ performing at JACON (Japanese Anime Convention) in Orlando Memorial Day weekend (May 22-23).

Lastly, we're just finishing up a totally new, killer version of "The Touch" which we'll be submitting for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. I'll send you an MP3 as soon as it's done.

Take care and we'll talk soon!

Stan
Credit(s): Stan Bush
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899008)
Posted by Cheetron on March 16th, 2009 @ 12:41pm CDT
That's awesome news. I loved his version from the cd "In This Life" and I can't wait to hear the new one. Good luck Stan!
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899010)
Posted by Mkall on March 16th, 2009 @ 12:50pm CDT
Figures. The Botcon I can't go to is one where Stan Bush may be playing.

:(
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899018)
Posted by AutobotJazz on March 16th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
I can't wait for Jacon. Seeing Stan Bush perform is gonna be awesome.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899021)
Posted by Adimus Prime on March 16th, 2009 @ 1:41pm CDT
That should be awesome. Glad he is still going at it too. I vividly remember the first Touch video he made. He looks better now. Probably is more talented now too.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899032)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 16th, 2009 @ 2:15pm CDT
Thats awesome. Cant wait to download it. Hopefully itll be coming out around or after Guitar Hero Metallica so i can use my Rock Band guitar and not have to rebuild my GH3 controller. I got a question, is Stan Bush the only act from the TF Movie soundtrack thats still around?
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899115)
Posted by Decepticlone117 on March 16th, 2009 @ 4:58pm CDT
nope, he's just the most popular one still round, white lion are still together & touring but they've changed most of the band now only the original guitarist is left :?
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899124)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 16th, 2009 @ 5:22pm CDT
while The Touch is the iconic song and all, i've always preferred Dare, wish he'd redo that one...could be fun.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899133)
Posted by 1AZRAEL1 on March 16th, 2009 @ 5:49pm CDT
I think it will be great.
Wonder if it will come out on GHWT Wii to download and when.
Loved the song.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899138)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on March 16th, 2009 @ 6:14pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I got a question, is Stan Bush the only act from the TF Movie soundtrack thats still around?


Weird Al is about as popular as ever, and releases new albums every few years.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899198)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 16th, 2009 @ 9:26pm CDT
Awesome. I guess now we know where that 50 bucks for "Paramount Diner" thing went.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899204)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 16th, 2009 @ 9:36pm CDT
White Lion is not the same group that did the metal version of the theme song. That group was only named Lion and had all of two singles before breaking up. They did do some work with Geoff Downes of Asia but nothing on tape.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899330)
Posted by dragons on March 17th, 2009 @ 9:47am CDT
thats great now i have a reason to get guitar hero for ps3 im surprised youtube let the video still be played ever video i click it has been deleted or muted due to youtube stupide policy copyright music rule.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (899816)
Posted by Switchpoint on March 18th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:White Lion is not the same group that did the metal version of the theme song. That group was only named Lion and had all of two singles before breaking up. They did do some work with Geoff Downes of Asia but nothing on tape.


Actually Lion released 2 full albums of music.
1987's Dangerous Attraction and 1989's Trouble In Angel City. Both of which are excellent discs. There was also an EP released in 1986 called Powerlove.
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (900012)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 18th, 2009 @ 10:56pm CDT
Switchpoint wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:White Lion is not the same group that did the metal version of the theme song. That group was only named Lion and had all of two singles before breaking up. They did do some work with Geoff Downes of Asia but nothing on tape.


Actually Lion released 2 full albums of music.
1987's Dangerous Attraction and 1989's Trouble In Angel City. Both of which are excellent discs. There was also an EP released in 1986 called Powerlove.


Wow. Did not know that. Are any of them on CD?
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (900202)
Posted by Switchpoint on March 19th, 2009 @ 10:19am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Switchpoint wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:White Lion is not the same group that did the metal version of the theme song. That group was only named Lion and had all of two singles before breaking up. They did do some work with Geoff Downes of Asia but nothing on tape.


Actually Lion released 2 full albums of music.
1987's Dangerous Attraction and 1989's Trouble In Angel City. Both of which are excellent discs. There was also an EP released in 1986 called Powerlove.


Wow. Did not know that. Are any of them on CD?


Yes. All 3 albums were released on CD, but hey are kinda hard to find now. You can see their catalog at Heavy Harmonies, and there are some links to Ebay for each CD.
http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=296
Re: Stan Bush: Botcon, Guitar Hero, Tribute video and more! (903586)
Posted by Elita One on March 27th, 2009 @ 11:20pm CDT
OMG The Touch in a GH game for real? Wow! Im sold.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Decepticon Bruticus MIB COMPLETE Set MOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 15 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster Sky Reign Combiner w/ Coin USA - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 19 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS MASTERPIECE SHATTERED GLASS OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 21 minutes 8 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME ACTION FIGURE TAKARA TOMY - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 21 minutes 6 seconds
SILVERBOLT Transformers COMBINER WARS Generations Voyager Class, READY TO SHIP! - Time Remaining: 4 days 28 minutes 34 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Voyager class GD-03 Starscream GALAXY FORCE TF ? - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 35 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Complete Deluxe Generations - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 37 minutes 38 seconds
GALVATRON! Transformers TITANS RETURN, Voyager Class *** In Stock !!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 40 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test