1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 10:46am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,946

lmb3.net has gotten a hold of an obscure piece of Transformers history, a 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit. The kit would have been given to retail clients by salesmen to encourage additional sales. The kit, which was packaged in a Transformers branded backpack, contained iron-on patches, a Powerdasher figure, thermos, coupons, promotional materials, and some really interesting financial stats from Hasbro regarding the Transformers brand. At that time the Transformers held the record for first year toy introduction at $100 million in 1984. They expected the brand to rake in around $300 million in 1986. Click here to view all the materials and paperwork contained within the kit.

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit

Credit(s): lmb3.net

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 16th, 2013 12:14pm CDT

Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487732)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 16th, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
Ah, yes, the practical connection being that ziploc bags were a good way to store all your TF weapons and prevent them getting lost! Not that I had that kind of foresight at age 7. Now they need a tie-in with the makers of those tackle-boxes!

As for the Powerdasher...I think the reason I got that S.T.A.R.S. TFTM flier in the mail was because I ordered Camshaft and Drill-Dasher through an earlier promo, so there's almost some logic here...in my mind at least.

Have these non-box-art iron-ons ever surfaced before? They don't look familiar.
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487741)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 16th, 2013 @ 11:52am CDT
That bag is sweet. It would be a great travel bag.
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487745)
Posted by #Sideways# on May 16th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
That. Is. Aewsome.

Speaking of dyslexia, what is a Powerdahser? I've heard of Powerdashers... I'm bad. I can't help myself. My parents shouldn't have let me out of the house today. :P
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487761)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 16th, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT

Wait, nvm, it is. I just bought a cheap KO ripoff instead.
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487784)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 16th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Thats not a TF in the pic, thats a go-bot (I think). I used to own it... it was so terribly cheap and crappy, haha.

Wait, nvm, it is. I just bought a cheap KO ripoff instead.

Sir, you have insulted the pinnacle of Powerdasher evolution! I mean, that's the one I wanted, but the randomizer gave me Drill Dasher instead. I got over it once I read Return to Cybertron and realized he could serve as an official Corkscrew, and even moreso once I learned he was the rarest of the three.

As for the Gobot thing...yeah, he does bear a slight resemblance to RoGun:

Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487786)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 16th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Wait, nvm, it is. I just bought a cheap KO ripoff instead.

As for the Gobot thing...yeah, he does bear a slight resemblance to RoGun:

:lol: Strangely enough, the drill head one reminds me of puppet masters.
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487794)
Posted by Cobra Delaris on May 16th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
I want that Cyclonus Iron-On. :CON:
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487795)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 16th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
Cromar did always strike me as the most popular of the Powerdashers.
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1487816)
Posted by Blurrz on May 16th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
I don't want to justify interest in this but damnit there is Blurr art in there!
Re: 1986 Transformers The Movie Ziploc Promotion Salesman’s Sample Kit (1488527)
Posted by RhA on May 19th, 2013 @ 1:58am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Wait, nvm, it is. I just bought a cheap KO ripoff instead.

As for the Gobot thing...yeah, he does bear a slight resemblance to RoGun:

:lol: Strangely enough, the drill head one reminds me of puppet masters.

Nice handle placement on Rogun.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shockwave Energon Armor Cyberverse Adventures - Optimus Prime 8"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - War For Cybertron Kingdom Trilogy Leader Class Megatron(Beast)" on EBAY
Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY