2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set

2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set

Thursday, July 28th, 2016 11:04pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 24,232

Fellow Seibertronians, Shanghai's Cybertron Con is in full swing with reveals. Thanks to 52Toys, we now get to see the Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set. Featuring a repainted Generations Deluxe Galvatron and Transformers Titanium Rodimus Prime figure. Check out the figures and the box art and let us know what you think of them in the comments below.

Transformers News: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set

Transformers News: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set

Credit(s): 52Toys

This article was last modified on Friday, July 29th, 2016 4:04am CDT

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810134)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 28th, 2016 @ 11:18pm CDT
Be interesting if they swapped the metal on Rodimus with plastic :-?
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810162)
Posted by Cobotron on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:51am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Be interesting if they swapped the metal on Rodimus with plastic :-?
I was just wondering the same thing.
That paint job on Galvatron looks awesome.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810178)
Posted by shauyaun on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:42am CDT
Do we have a price tag on them yet?
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810213)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 4:52am CDT
Also from Cybertron Con 2016 in Shanghai, Hasbro has released the official stock images for the new release of the new familiar mold of Unicron - under the Platinum Edition line this time. The images show the Destroyer in robot and planet mode, with and without Kranix, plus some new artwork of him in planet mode and of his brain. Check it all out below!

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810221)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 29th, 2016 @ 5:02am CDT
Exact same stock photography as the Amazon figure. Looks like we're getting a straight reissue in a fancy new box.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810241)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 29th, 2016 @ 5:52am CDT
I know this is probably the only unicron figure we'll get from now until the day we all die, but is it too much to ask they retool it a little bit more, like enough to get rid of the out of place glowing murder hand?
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810330)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT
I'm very excited to finally get a chance at this, as I missed the Amazon figure last time around. I can then replace the Universe Unicron that I've had for nearly 8 years now (and making me feel old, now that I think about it).
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810331)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810332)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:That Galvy repaint looks decent. Probably better than the first release of it. Would love to see more detailed shots, but in due time I guess.

Fort Max is a heavy retool of Metroplex, yes.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810346)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:I wouldn't mind a Unicron that's larger, but the price point might be a bit higher than anticipated since it's not using the city-mode molds I think? I know I read somewhere that Fort Max and MetroPlex use some of the same tooling/molding. Please correct me if I misunderstood or am misinformed.

That's a bit of an interesting point, they are retools of each other, but that shouldn't have had an impact on the price, as Trypticon, Scorponok, and Omega Supreme are likely to be all new molds, and Dev's was also a new mold, so, clearly, being a retool did nothing but increase hasbro's profits on the Fort Max mold >:oP
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810362)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:

Fort Max is a heavy retool of Metroplex, yes.

Alright. Thought that was the case, thank you!

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Like I said, you guys are probably more experts in this area than me here. So I yield to you guys. I just was kind of applying what I consider "common sense" to the situation here.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810365)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:17am CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

It's all good, you did raise a valid point, and I think a lot more people owuld have taken to Fort Max if the msrp was lower - especially since hasbro flat out stated that it's cheaper to remold a figure...
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810366)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810372)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 10:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Look at it this way guys, did Hasbro ever sell any seekers for less because they were reusing the same mold for several decos? Hasbro looks at a price range and makes sure that the costs work with it. If it costs them less, good for them but don expect it to cost less for you.

I never for a second thought that they would lower the cost, I just said it was theoretically less, and that fans would have taken to Fort Max better if it was cheaper out of the gate.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810401)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2016 @ 11:25am CDT

This is the motto of capitalism. :P
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810417)
Posted by Scramjet on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:04pm CDT

And then there's Unicron. I just had a friend say to me the other day "I see you don't have a Unicron in your collection, did they ever make one?" I said "Yeah they did, a few variants actually." He said, "Why don't you have it?" I said, "I'm lazy."

So now I may have to get this one. I REALLY WISH they'd make one bigger than Fortress Maximus/Metroplex, like that one the 3rd party company teased on April Fool's Day.

Dang it Hasbro.
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810424)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:24pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, hot on the heels of the other Platinum Edition reveal, and after the reveal of the set last night at the Shanghai Cybertron Con, we now get official images of the Rise of Rodimus Prime Platinum Edition set. This set features a repainted Transformers Titanium Rodimus Prime, a repainted Transformers Generations Galvatron, and a Matrix of Leadership for them to fight over. Check out the images of the figures and the box art, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810433)
Posted by william-james88 on July 29th, 2016 @ 12:52pm CDT
itscramtastic wrote:Again, the artwork from the box has sucked me in to make me want figurse I don't really need. If anyone picks up ANY of the Platinum sets and wants to sell me the boxes, I'm around!

Dang it Hasbro.

Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810443)
Posted by Scramjet on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro has a titan class now and wants to make one a year. I feel that its there they would do a new unicron (and then retool him into Primus).
But that's like..3 years away!
Re: 2016 Generations Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Set (1810446)
Posted by durroth on July 29th, 2016 @ 1:21pm CDT
Did they answer the important question of whether Rod is plastic this time?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators Deadend with box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Decepticon Deadend" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers G1 Diecast Model Car Autobot Optimus Prime 1:32 99524" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER, Vintage Takara 1984" on EBAY