2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Monday, March 21st, 2016 11:40am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 47,732

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Grffin, the main site admin of Ozformers, has posted images from the 2016 Australia Toyfair, along with a Q & A with Hasbro Australia.

A quick rundown of what is new to see will be presented first, along with the Q&A, and then you will get the deluge of photos.

Here is the back of Scourge's box

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

New RID products (I think they are remote control cars)

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

The back of the minicon weapons packaging which shows compatibility with all classes

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Also, the playability of the power surge toys

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Here is the Q&A, which is specific to the Australian market.

Q - What upcoming store exclusives for Australia that are allowed to be made public?
A -Note, Retailer details are subject to changes from now until they are released.

Platinum Edition Planet of Junk Clash (Wreck-Gar, Autobot Hot Rod, Scrapheap) - NO
Platinum Edition One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall (Optimus Prime, Megatron) - Myer
Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus (Cyclonus, Scourge, Sweep) - NO
Platinum Edition RID Bumblebee & Grimlock - NO
Chinese New Year - Year of the Goat Optimus Primal - NO
Superion (Gen2 deco) boxset - ToysRUs & Target
Menasor (Gen2 deco) boxset - ToysRUs & Target
Bruticus (Gen2 deco) boxset - Target (only)
Victorion boxset - BigW, ToysRUs & BigW
Japanese Masterpiece imports - on hold for a while. Tracks should be the last one for a while.

Q – Any more Hasbro Masterpiece toys this year?
A - There is one coming, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Q - Any chance of getting more of the HK bonus coins and their other freebie items here?
A - Possibly, as the Ultra Magnus coins did well.

Q - RID Happy Meal toys coming here?
A - Should be Early 2017.

Q - Any planned Transformers exhibitions or promotional displays planned for here that you know of (like at Conventions)?
A - Some things are being planned for this year, but nothing has been locked in yet, so nothing can be announced until it is.

Q - Any chance for the Cyber Commander Toys & Cyber Battalion toys here?
A - No


Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Transformers News: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return

Credit(s): Griffin of Ozformers


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774467)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT
So what? Fort Max has no heels either, or ankles for that matter, I was about to say that it was getting hard to resist Fort Max, but if going the way metro did of barely being able to hold a stable pose, guess I'm out >:oP
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774482)
Posted by Randomhero on March 21st, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So what? Fort Max has no heels either, or ankles for that matter, I was about to say that it was getting hard to resist Fort Max, but if going the way metro did of barely being able to hold a stable pose, guess I'm out >:oP



Those are metroplex'S legs. What did you expect? There's not really a way to give him ankle articulation with the amount of weight he has for any kind of stability.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774491)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:04pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So what? Fort Max has no heels either, or ankles for that matter, I was about to say that it was getting hard to resist Fort Max, but if going the way metro did of barely being able to hold a stable pose, guess I'm out >:oP



Those are metroplex'S legs. What did you expect? There's not really a way to give him ankle articulation with the amount of weight he has for any kind of stability.


I mean, I figured they were, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have given him fold out heels - especially as he doesn't do anything with metros' leg transformation now...
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774494)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:06pm CDT
WAVE ONE.....BOUGHT!!!

;) I really like everything so far.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774505)
Posted by leokearon on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT
Hard to make out given the angle, but can Fort actually connect with Blaster and co's base modes?
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774507)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:20pm CDT
I don't like the gray that was used for PM Prime's trailer/guns and Blaster's legs. It looks too drab.

Though, anyone else seeing the conspicuous red cross symbol on the front of Prime's trailer?
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774512)
Posted by william-james88 on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:22pm CDT
leokearon wrote:Hard to make out given the angle, but can Fort actually connect with Blaster and co's base modes?


Yes. there is a ramp in the front and on the sides.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774513)
Posted by o.supreme on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:25pm CDT
I know we've observed this a lot, but it's sad that the individuals who set up these displays have no pride in their work. The G2 CW Combiners look awful.(how they are displayed, not the toys themselves) For a second I thought Powerglide was humping Superion's leg, until I realized they just left his arm down instead of trying to pose it in some dignified way.

And apparently they are sexist also, believing that just because Victorion is a female, she cant even lift up her own sword. ;)
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774515)
Posted by william-james88 on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I don't like the gray that was used for PM Prime's trailer/guns and Blaster's legs. It looks too drab.

Though, anyone else seeing the conspicuous red cross symbol on the front of Prime's trailer?


the red cross isnt intentional. Its the shae of the grey plastic against the red arms that is mirrored onto both sides, creating the cross.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774517)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:32pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
leokearon wrote:Hard to make out given the angle, but can Fort actually connect with Blaster and co's base modes?


Yes. there is a ramp in the front and on the sides.


All leader class figures can connect to one another as well as Fort Max :-D
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774518)
Posted by Triptykon on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:33pm CDT
So hyped for Titans return. Loving just about every mold. Blaster and Galvatron are must haves, with scourge and blurr right behind them. Can't wait!!
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774520)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 12:35pm CDT
And can I just ask: What the he|| is up with the deluxe neck joints?!? Blurr's looking down and to the side! Are the heads ball jointed, or is the connector port on the body able to rock???? I seriously have to know the answers to this, like immediately [-(
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774528)
Posted by RevTibe on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:08pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:And can I just ask: What the he|| is up with the deluxe neck joints?!? Blurr's looking down and to the side! Are the heads ball jointed, or is the connector port on the body able to rock???? I seriously have to know the answers to this, like immediately [-(
Same trick the recent Voyager Brainstorm used - the Titanmaster partner's head is on a balljoint; since the lil' guy's head is the part that pegs into the main body, this balljoint can also be used for the headmode neck.

There were some reports that Voyager Brainstorm's head pegged in too snugly and the balljoint would pop off when you tried to removed the head; I'd imagine HasTak have had the chance to smooth that out for the Titanmasters.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774529)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:10pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And can I just ask: What the he|| is up with the deluxe neck joints?!? Blurr's looking down and to the side! Are the heads ball jointed, or is the connector port on the body able to rock???? I seriously have to know the answers to this, like immediately [-(
Same trick the recent Voyager Brainstorm used - the Titanmaster partner's head is on a balljoint; since the lil' guy's head is the part that pegs into the main body, this balljoint can also be used for the headmode neck.

There were some reports that Voyager Brainstorm's head pegged in too snugly and the balljoint would pop off when you tried to removed the head; I'd imagine HasTak have had the chance to smooth that out for the Titanmasters.


I wanna believe you , but we haven't seen any indication of this, guess we need to wait for in-hand images. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna believe you, in fact I kinda do, but the renders at least don't show them as having that kind of clearance :-?
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774545)
Posted by RevTibe on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:40pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
RevTibe wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And can I just ask: What the he|| is up with the deluxe neck joints?!? Blurr's looking down and to the side! Are the heads ball jointed, or is the connector port on the body able to rock???? I seriously have to know the answers to this, like immediately [-(
Same trick the recent Voyager Brainstorm used - the Titanmaster partner's head is on a balljoint; since the lil' guy's head is the part that pegs into the main body, this balljoint can also be used for the headmode neck.

There were some reports that Voyager Brainstorm's head pegged in too snugly and the balljoint would pop off when you tried to removed the head; I'd imagine HasTak have had the chance to smooth that out for the Titanmasters.


I wanna believe you , but we haven't seen any indication of this, guess we need to wait for in-hand images. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna believe you, in fact I kinda do, but the renders at least don't show them as having that kind of clearance :-?
Looked over photos for evidence, and it might just be a rotational joint? The clearest show I've found of a Titanmaster's "neck" in action is the little Megatron/Nucleon guy being transformed in the Titanmaster's facebook video, worth a look.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774548)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
RevTibe wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And can I just ask: What the he|| is up with the deluxe neck joints?!? Blurr's looking down and to the side! Are the heads ball jointed, or is the connector port on the body able to rock???? I seriously have to know the answers to this, like immediately [-(
Same trick the recent Voyager Brainstorm used - the Titanmaster partner's head is on a balljoint; since the lil' guy's head is the part that pegs into the main body, this balljoint can also be used for the headmode neck.

There were some reports that Voyager Brainstorm's head pegged in too snugly and the balljoint would pop off when you tried to removed the head; I'd imagine HasTak have had the chance to smooth that out for the Titanmasters.


I wanna believe you , but we haven't seen any indication of this, guess we need to wait for in-hand images. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna believe you, in fact I kinda do, but the renders at least don't show them as having that kind of clearance :-?
Looked over photos for evidence, and it might just be a rotational joint? The clearest show I've found of a Titanmaster's "neck" in action is the little Megatron/Nucleon guy being transformed in the Titanmaster's facebook video, worth a look.


Yeah, I've seen it, I think it may just have room to rock but not enough to be a full fledged ball joint; still, if this is true, it's enough to make me reconsider not getting a lot of the deluxe's...
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774549)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:44pm CDT
Triptykon wrote:So hyped for Titans return. Loving just about every mold. Blaster and Galvatron are must haves, with scourge and blurr right behind them. Can't wait!!


Glad to see some more blurr and scourge love. I'm surprised no one's talked about sentinel primes color scheme. Unless I'm behind on this it looks like he has quite a few new colors that the initial render didn't have.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774553)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2016 @ 1:48pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Triptykon wrote:So hyped for Titans return. Loving just about every mold. Blaster and Galvatron are must haves, with scourge and blurr right behind them. Can't wait!!


Glad to see some more blurr and scourge love. I'm surprised no one's talked about sentinel primes color scheme. Unless I'm behind on this it looks like he has quite a few new colors that the initial render didn't have.


Not really, they're just different and kinda blend together, you know, in the worst possible way :HEADHURTS:

1444668785_Sentinel-Prime-Robot.png


Image
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774576)
Posted by Segor on March 21st, 2016 @ 2:39pm CDT
Does Fortress Maximus come with a gun/weapon like Metroplex did??

I see that in the box art it shoes a blue one, but haven't seen the one that comes with the figure itself.
Re: 2016 Toyfair Australia: New Pictures of Transformers Robots in Disguise and Titans Return (1774577)
Posted by RiddlerJ on March 21st, 2016 @ 2:43pm CDT
I keep thinking Fort Max is mistransformed. His boots look like they should open out in some way, but they aren't here or on the box. Metroplex's opened.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #259:
"Podcast Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Stormshot, Triggerhappy & Wingspan / Cloudraker Hasbro Takara MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Earthrise "Clones" Wingspan & Pounce Target Exclusive 2 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Ironhide Swerve Mudflap Runamuck Sparkcrusher - Target Excl." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Astrotrain WFC-S51 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2011 Tomy Transformers BOT SHOTS  STARSCREAM With Launcher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MEGATRON, Cyberverse Commander 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Itty Bitty Bittys MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers new with tag Plush nwt" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Blurr Race Car Rescan 5.5" Figure" on EBAY