2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed

2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed

Monday, April 11th, 2016 8:38am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 46,958

While Botcon took over last week-end for Transformers news, there was another toy show happening in Brazil and a new Platinum set was revealed. This set is called Rise of Rodimus Prime and is a rerelease of Titanium Rodimus Prime and Universe Galvatron. This set commemorates the showdown at the end of the Transformers Movie where Hot Rod holds up the matrix and becomes Rodimus Prime and even comes with a matrix. Sadly, it doesn't seem that this Rodimus toy can hold the matrix.

Check out the pictures below from Transformers Diorama and let us know what you think!

Transformers News: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed

Credit(s): transformers diorama

Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780072)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 11th, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
Oh good, two toys people hate in a convenient, easy-to-not-want box.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780073)
Posted by Scramjet on April 11th, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Oh good, two toys people hate in a convenient, easy-to-not-want box.
But I want the box :-(
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780074)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780077)
Posted by william-james88 on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:05am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Really? Titanium Rodimus? Universe Galvatron isn't so bad, but TITANIUM RODIMUS?! I know, not much else to choose from, but still... :BANG_HEAD:

What if they molded him out of palstic instead?
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780081)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

What if they molded him out of palstic instead?

Still not that good of a toy...
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780082)
Posted by First Gen on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:16am CDT
Id like to see that titanium mold in plastic. The titanium figs are cool but often lop sided and terribly unbalanced.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780099)
Posted by Overcracker on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:41am CDT
Titanium Rodimus was one of the better molds to come out of that line. Yes, he's sort of hollow chested in robot mode, but he has a decent transformation, and holds together well. Which is more than I can say for other titanium molds.

I think it was the only Rodimus option they had, but its not really as bad as they say. That Galvatron, had more issues than Roddy ever had.

Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780105)
Posted by Gearslide on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:54am CDT
It's a match made in mediocre mold heaven!
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780106)
Posted by Kurona on April 11th, 2016 @ 9:56am CDT
And then I cried for a good 20 minutes when I found out it was Titanium Rodimus. GG/10 boxset everyone would want; a toy from one of the more infamously bad lines and an infamously bad toy from a good toyline. What even is happening who made this decision
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780107)
Posted by Insurgent on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Well I like both those toys, and I like those decos. If I saw this set on clearance, I'd be very tempted to pick it up.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780113)
Posted by Scramjet on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
Also, free Matrix included with the set! :lol:
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780118)
Posted by .... on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT
I'm gonna skip this set and probably get MP-28 with TR voyager Galvatron. They scale better too.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780119)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT
Kurona wrote:At first I had no idea what Hot Rod I was looking at; I was all like "wait, is that just an extremely good deco of the Classics version? I heard it's not a great toy but hey, this could work - actually, is it a new mold? Are we getting this later in the year and I don't even have to pay a ton for it like Brainstorm?! Damn, this is--"

It's the anniversary of the 1986 Movie, and Hasbro probably just did what they could with available molds. There really isn't another official toy outside of G1, Titanium, and Masterpiece. I do like someone else's suggestion that they should just have released the G1 molds as an Encore style in movie accurate colors...
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780121)
Posted by Scramjet on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:33am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:I do like someone else's suggestion that they should just have released the G1 molds as an Encore style in movie accurate colors...
That's the best idea there is!
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780126)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
Their only other option would be the Energon versions for both (with the smaller Energon mould used for Galvatron). And those have their own problems.

That said ... I kinda wish they did use the smaller Energon Galvatron mould redecoed into actually good colours. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it's work better than the tank version.

But both of these moulds are okay. Mediocre is just the right word.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780131)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:58am CDT
Titanium Rodimus looks better painted here but it's still a lousy toy (the only Titanium figure I bought)
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780133)
Posted by .... on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:09am CDT
Does anyone know the approximate price-point of this Autobot Heroes set yet?
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780143)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:45am CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Does anyone know the approximate price-point of this Autobot Heroes set yet?

$175-200. Somewhere around there :MAXIMAL:
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780145)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Have they changed any of the colours on that galvatron?

I don't hate that mold as much as some but it does sting to think what it could of been like if he wasn't moved down a size class.
Re: 2016 Transformers Generations Platinum Rodimus Prime and Galvatron Set Revealed (1780147)
Posted by .... on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

$175-200. Somewhere around there :MAXIMAL:

WOW. That is a lot. :shock: Holy crap. I might not be able to get it until it goes on sale then.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers fall of Cybertron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 DINGLEDEEDOO Toilet Plunger Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Rabat.." on EBAY
Buy "AFA 8.5 Transformers Generations Shockwave Fall of Cybertron made by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee And Spike New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WfC/ FoC Deluxe 5 figure lot Megatron, Soundwave,..." on EBAY