2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed

2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed

Monday, April 11th, 2016 10:45pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 47,448

Welcome back folks! Once again from the Transformers Dioramas-Brazilian Fansite, we JUST reported on this sets reveal, and there are some new pics that can put to rest the debate that has followed: is the Titanium Rodimus still diecast? It seems quite apparent with these new up close in package shots that he does indeed retain his heavy metal glory. You can see for yourself below, as well as get a better view of Galvatron's deco. And remember to stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed

Credit(s): Transformers Dioramas-Brazilian Fansite

Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780335)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:48pm CDT
Okay, those decoes are actually pretty sweet. They highlight what's good about the Glavatron.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780336)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 11th, 2016 @ 10:52pm CDT
I don't see anything wrong with Galvatron besides the cannon arm

:MAXIMAL:
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780343)
Posted by shajaki on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CDT
I've always been a supporter of C/G Galvatron. And that deco gives the Asia 3-Pack version a run for its money.

I also have no qualms with the Titanium Roddy mold either. I look forward to this set 8-)
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780353)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:28pm CDT
Nice deco's on them, but man, that galvy looks like a really incoherent mess, just everything looks wrong with him, like he was a voyager sized figure shoved haphazardly into a deluxe sized figure... oh, wait...
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780357)
Posted by First Gen on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:35pm CDT
Die cast? Damn.

These poorly proportioned figures need to br plastic.

I cant believe i just typed that.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780358)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 11th, 2016 @ 11:37pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Die cast? Damn.

These poorly proportioned figures need to br plastic.

I cant believe i just typed that.

Or at least some of them needs to be plastic, Titanium Megatron could've gotten a lot from that.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780376)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 12th, 2016 @ 1:49am CDT
If Titanium WWi Optimus get released, I hope some of the die-cast is removed.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780385)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 12th, 2016 @ 2:31am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
But they have a G1 Galvatron in his actual alt mode coming out as well. On the anniversary no less, and its the first time since the G1 toy. I dont see how anyone loses. Hasbro has something for everyone this year.

Its the first time we are getting a Hasbro toy of Galvatron in his G1 alt mode in G1 colours, and its this year. So arent we lucky afterall?

But I want him in grey with a dark face like the G1 toy and especially the Marvel UK Galavtron(s) who is by far my fave version of the character.

:P
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780386)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 12th, 2016 @ 2:41am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

:P

:lol: don't see many calling out for that redeco :-P
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780387)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 12th, 2016 @ 4:01am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote::lol: don't see many calling out for that redeco :-P

Well I meant sorta light blue anyways. :P

Maybe white with light blue streaks to look like the shiny comic shading but also like the cel-shading they used in Transformers Devasatation game. :)
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780391)
Posted by Kurona on April 12th, 2016 @ 6:42am CDT
With the plastic indents on either side of Rodimus' head in the packaging, my first thought was that they were giving him a full Thunderhoof makeover.

At least the decos look really nice... still not the greatest toys tho. Still holding out for that Hot Rod TR rumour; they just have to do an actual toy of him for this anniversary thing, right?
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780394)
Posted by william-james88 on April 12th, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT
Kurona wrote: Still holding out for that Hot Rod TR rumour; they just have to do an actual toy of him for this anniversary thing, right?

Joking aside, that rumour is for 2017.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780398)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 12th, 2016 @ 8:41am CDT
I have that Galvatron and he's a fiddly mess. I really wish they went voyager class with it because that would have helped. I liked it but it has some major annoying flaws. Still, this paint job looks good.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780413)
Posted by Mechastrike on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:12am CDT
I still want this in Voyager class...
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780414)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:I still want this in Voyager class...

I'm honestly surprised nobody has made a knockoff for that.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780417)
Posted by Kurona on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:35am CDT

On the note of a Platinum set people are actually wanting, does anyone have a comparison between Hasbro, Takara and Platinum Ultra Magnus?
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780422)
Posted by william-james88 on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:40am CDT
Kurona wrote:There's so many Megatrons, Shockwaves and Seeker deluxes that I want as voyagers (or at least universe cyclonus-tall deluxes for the seekers)...

Which deluxe Megatron do you want as a voyager? WFC would be cool but I can't think of others.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780425)
Posted by Kurona on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:47am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

WFC Megatron is admittedly the main one; if he were voyager he'd be my perfect Megsy.
But uh yeah, there's also the Deluxe one from Classics that was packaged with a deluxe Optimus (for the record I also kinda want that Deluxe Optimus as a voyager; CW and Voyager Classics Prime are fantastic but it'd be nice to have the option of an extremely accurate G1 Prime as a Voyager. Also helicopter arms are hilarious), the Generations IDW Megatron that turns into a Stealth Bomber, and... uh... well, I guess that's it lol. The CW Leader Megatron as a Voyager would also be really nice.
There's so many great toys of these guys but none that are the right size for me :p
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780427)
Posted by william-james88 on April 12th, 2016 @ 10:55am CDT
Sadly, Hasbro has changed the scales on us. I too wanted a new voyager megatron, seekers and soundwave. But last year we started getting new versions of all of these, as leaders.
Re: 2016 Transformers Platinum Edition: Rise of Rodimus Prime - Diecast Confirmed (1780429)
Posted by Kurona on April 12th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
Admittedly I'm fine with that to an extent - I think I've said this before but the Leader Decepticons rn function as a really, really budget Masterpiece display as they all go well with each other - we've already got Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, Rumble and Ravage; so assuming Frenzy comes out - and, really, why wouldn't he? - then all 10 1984 Decepticons are represented in a larger scale relative to each other. Hell, Titan Devastator kinda works with them too - now we just need Shockers and the Insecticons for a full Season 1 team. It's kinda cool, plus I ended up picking up a discounted Leader Thundercracker just to display on his own since IDW Thundercracker is my overall favourite Transformers character.

... just a shame that they don't get new Voyagers. Ah well, at least TFP Shockwave works for him I guess.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers fall of Cybertron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 DINGLEDEEDOO Toilet Plunger Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Rabat.." on EBAY
Buy "AFA 8.5 Transformers Generations Shockwave Fall of Cybertron made by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee And Spike New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WfC/ FoC Deluxe 5 figure lot Megatron, Soundwave,..." on EBAY