2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Transformers News: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 8:27AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,828

Exciting news TRANSFORMERS fans! Today, Hasbro announced the 2020 TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTON Fan Vote, where you’ll have the opportunity to decide which soon-to-be-revealed DECEPTICON will become a War for Cybertron figure in 2020.

Fans were given the first official teaser image on the TRANSFORMERS Facebook page HERE. Four hidden DECEPTICONS are in the running for the Fan Vote and their identities will be revealed in a follow-up post on June 13 at 9AM EST.

Voting also begins at 9AM EST on June 13. To vote, fans must share the name of their favorite DECEPTICON in the post comment section. Voting will ONLY be open for 48 hours, and there is a one vote per user and one character name per vote limit.

The Fan Vote winner will be announced via social post on July 17.

Transformers News: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024224)
Posted by TFmonkeybiz on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:34am CDT
I'll be voting for Shrapnel, I really want a set of full-sized Insecticons (assuming this is a pole for a new deluxe or larger).
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024225)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:37am CDT
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024226)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:We just got good retail figures of both the Sharkticons and Shrapnel. The Battlechargers were in the cartoon so there's always a chance for them. Needlenose is the odd one out, so he's who I'd vote for.

Needlenose is without a doubt the one I will vote for.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024227)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Needlenose is without a doubt the one I will vote for.

Yes for Needlenose here as well.

The choices are a bit weird, it is almost like Hasbro really just wanted a vote between Needlenose and Runabout/Runamok and said lets put 2 characters we've already done reasonably well in there for filler.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024229)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:37am CDT
I'm in it for Needlenose, though if he's not chosen, do you think we'll see him back for 2021 vote ;)
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024230)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
I can sorta see an arguement for all 4 characters. Shrapnel would likely be similar enough to FOC Kickback that they wouldn't look awful next to each other, the battlechargers haven't had retail figures in quite a while, having a Gnaw as a deluxe would be a cool leader to a Sharkticon army, Needlenose hasn't had a figure at retail in a while with the latest figure being a collector's club one. For me, it's a tie between Needlenose and maybe Gnaw. Though if the deluxe Sharkticon is actually one of those Allicons, I'm all for it. But, I doubt it

Edit: Whoops, forgot Takara had a recolor of the Blackjack mold in the Adventure line for the battlechargers :oops:
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024232)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:56am CDT
Needle nose for me, not quite sure why another insecticon so soon when they have the legends sized figures to fill out (unless it's the deluxe insecticon at deluxe size, then yay! - reflectors already arguable about scale so bigger insecticon would def throw scale out of the window).
Talking about throwing things out of the window... Gnaw??? Wrong time zone let alone we have TR and cyber verse that are usable (especially cyber verse). Maybe we will see some out of time/place cybertronians in siege line after all (excluding faction change jet fire which already breaks the time line). Galvatron may be sooner than we think (and he time travels anyhoos).
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024234)
Posted by ScottyP on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:58am CDT
Needlenose all the way here, unless the Battlecharger silhouette is a stand-in for a surprising candidate: generic Decepticon from Devastation.

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024236)
Posted by joevill on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:17am CDT
I'm voting for A
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024239)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:29am CDT
I'll be voting for the dude who had the the sterner stuff to fight Ultra Magnus:

:lol:

Needlenose would be pretty sweet too, but I have a feeling he'd be based off his original toy instead of his TCG design
G1-toy_Needlenose.jpg
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024241)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:32am CDT
Needlenose, though if Hasbro released a 3-pack of the Legends Insecticons with premium, matching decos in the Selects line, I'd probably buy that. The subtle quality differences between T-30, CW, and TR 'bug' me.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024244)
Posted by leokearon on June 12th, 2019 @ 11:26am CDT
Either the Battlechargers or Neddlenose would be awesome. I don't see why we need new versions of toys that were released less that two years ago.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024250)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 12th, 2019 @ 11:43am CDT
Add one more to the needlenose list. I also agree that the addition of Gnaw and Shrapnel are odd here. while gnaw could have been better, they are already fine additions, and scale proportionately to when compared to their g1 toys counterparts, and not that much shorter from their toon versions really (when compared to siege deluxe scale) g1 gnaws toy was quite a bit bigger then the status quo at the time, so maybe a bigger one would be nice. but personally I feel we need to have more figures that haven't gotten any love in a long time, or at all.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024253)
Posted by Autobot N on June 12th, 2019 @ 12:53pm CDT
I don't really care who wins the vote (don't have an attachment to any of these guys), but I'll be casting my vote for Needlenose.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024257)
Posted by PushYouDown on June 12th, 2019 @ 1:37pm CDT
Needlenose for sure.

I like my Insecticons smaller so Shrapnel would be a distant 4th for me.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024259)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 12th, 2019 @ 2:15pm CDT
These are just weird choices, except for Needlenose, who lost the fan vote last year. I have a feeling Hasbro and Takara REALLY want to make him. It'd be nice to have the Battlechargers, but it's pointless if we only get EITHER Runabout OR Runamuck. We need both or nothing at all. We already have a great Sharkticon figure, but if this is at the Deluxe size, maybe the cartoon scale is better? Shrapnel is definitely the worst choice. We already have the Insecticons at the perfect cartoon scale size, that being Legends Class. They're supposed to be around the same size as the Minibots, particularly Huffer. They're not nearly Deluxe Class sized like Reflector is supposed to be, standing eye-to-eye with the likes or Prowl or Sideswipe. I already have the TFCC Needlenose, so I guess my top pick would be the Sharkticon. My second choice would be Needlenose.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024261)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 12th, 2019 @ 2:30pm CDT

Although Needlenose could get retooled into Jhiaxus, so there's that possibility as well :-?
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024262)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 12th, 2019 @ 2:43pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:The way I see it, if Runabout/Runamuck gets made, not only will the other get made, but there is a very good chance of the mold being retooled as Sunstreaker, considering they share a similar body layout.

Runabout and Runmauck may look similar, but each sports a different car mode and head design. Speaking of which, it's probably the white Runamuck in the silhouette, judging by the head and faceplate, not to mention his gun:

Transformers G1 1986 Runabout Gallery

Transformers G1 1986 Runamuck Gallery

Makes sense, the "Runamuck" trademark was still available back in 2012, while "Runabout" was not, being replaced with "Over-Run" for the 2012 Club toy.

Yep, if one gets made, the other will be his pretool. Calling it right now!
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024263)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on June 12th, 2019 @ 2:48pm CDT
Needlenose has a deluxe figure.
Gnaw has a legends figure, an upcoming deluxe for Cyberverse and an older deluxe.
Shrapnel has a legends figure that was released twice outside of Japan.
The Battlechargers have both deluxe and legends figures.

I'm good on all of these choices already.

I get that not everyone (like myself) was able to get all of them as several were exclusives but still, these are some shitty choices.

The only ones I'm missing out of the figures we already got are both versions of Runamuck and Botcon Gnaw. Also Cyberverse Gnaw as it's not out yet. So I guess my vote would be for Runamuck, if it is revealed to be him specifically as he's the only one I don't have any version of currently.
Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote (2024264)
Posted by Burn on June 12th, 2019 @ 2:55pm CDT
Given all of them have modern releases, I'm disappointed these are our options.

Obviously I'd love to see a total random like Stalker thrown in, but I guess it's hard for Hasbro to move past the first two years. At least they're showing some Decepticon love for once I guess.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron starscream" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Voyager Optimus Prime E3541" on EBAY