Friday, May 20th, 2011 8:52pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,473

Michael Bay Dot Com has updated their official YouTube channel with a short video of directors James Cameron and Michael Bay discussing filming in 3-D from the press event "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron". The video, which includes various shots from the DOTM trailer can be viewed here or watch it below.

Credit(s): Michael Bay Dot Com

This article was last modified on Friday, May 20th, 2011 9:09pm CDT

Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226114)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CDT
Although I'm not a big fan of 3D I may see this in 3D one of the several times I watch it. It'll have to get good reviews for the 3D though.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226119)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 20th, 2011 @ 10:06pm CDT
I like how Sam gets out of Bumblebee and Shockwave is just standing there reloading his big ass cannon to his face.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226123)
Posted by krenger99 on May 20th, 2011 @ 10:17pm CDT
I'm looking forward to this. The epic scope of this movie and the mass destruction is a complete draw for me. Plus a live action Optimus Prime voiced by Peter Cullen gives the kid in me goosebumps.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226488)
Posted by SEXFIGHTER on May 21st, 2011 @ 5:01pm CDT
Also...why is Cameron hanging out with Bay? has he seen his films for godsake?..there are leaders and there are followers.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226664)
Posted by noctorro on May 22nd, 2011 @ 4:06am CDT
Oh, My, Gawd, this movie is going to be so epic. Even if they do put in the silly jokes, this time the battle scenes are going to make it all okay :)
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1226742)
Posted by Iamwarhorse on May 22nd, 2011 @ 10:38am CDT
SEXFIGHTER wrote:Thor was my 1st 3D film..loved it, because it was a great film more than anything. I'm certainly gonna watch DOTM.. although Im going to be slightly guarded this time to protect my brain from ROTF type moments.

Maybe I have a more critical mind than you, but have you ever seen a James Cameron film? They are just like MB, all visuals with simple plot lines and cookie cut out characters. And, there have been some scenes in MB movies that are just as revolutionary as JC use of up to date technology.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1229772)
Posted by El Duque on May 27th, 2011 @ 11:05pm CDT
Michael Bay's Official Website has been updated with an articled titled "Michael Bay Reveals James Cameron's Secret Role in the Making of 'Transformers'". As the name implies the article examines Cameron's influence on Transformers DOTM and the 3-D filming experience. A lot of interesting can be found in the original article by clicking here. They have also posted an extended video of "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron", it's embedded below.

At the premiere afterparty for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in June 2009, Michael Bay stood among well-wishers, took a deep breath and stated definitively that he was taking a break from the franchise. That decision lasted a week. But it took Paramount Pictures a lot longer to get Bay to commit to making the third film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, in 3D -- a move that would escalate the scale and appeal of the machines-come-to-life franchise, which had already grossed $1.55 billion worldwide, and would draw higher ticket prices to boot. (In 2010, 3D movies made up 21 percent of U.S. and Canadian ticket sales, about $2.2 billion, even as total box office remained static at $10.6 billion.) Bay was on record as having dismissed 3D as a "gimmick" and the cumbersome technology as a terrible fit for his fast-moving, aggressive filmmaking style. But in an unexpected turn, Paramount had a secret weapon.

James Cameron.

Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1229790)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:06am CDT
Iamwarhorse wrote:

I would tend to agree more with what you just said, but I still feel James Cameron does things better than Bay in regards to how shots are filmed. Bay seems to try and make things too chaotic, with only brief glimpses of the CG without being all blurry from the fast paced action. JC on the other hand tends to give you a clearer look at the craziness going on. But they both suffer from an overly simple writing style and character design. Of course, as much as I dislike both of their lack of skill in these areas, I understand why they are like that, and that is to get as many people to watch the sci fi (or what have you) action movie so they can budget themselves for a ton of CG/props/costume design, (flash) etc.
On the other hand there are movies like Thor, who give you some really cool cg to take in, but make up for any lack of action with a motivated story line and genuinely exciting buncha characters.
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1229797)
Posted by Iamwarhorse on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:22am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Iamwarhorse wrote:

Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1229798)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:26am CDT
Iamwarhorse wrote:I'm actually a big fan of both MB and JC, it's just I have more fun when going to the theaters with my friends and family when watching a MB movie over a JC. But, I am happy to say, Avatar was my very first experience with 3D. I treated my mom to it, and we both just fell in love with it. But we also both love to watch Transformers and Aliens and Bad Boys 2 and Terminator 2.

Ahh, old James Cameron is so much better than nowadays stuff imo, hehe. Yea Avatar was cool too, but man, some people are like... suuuuper obsessed with that movie, haha. Its just a remake of Ferngully, GAWD :-B :lol:
Re: "3D A Transforming Visual Art a Coversation with Michael Bay and James Cameron" Video Clip (1229807)
Posted by Iamwarhorse on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:54am CDT
True, Avatar is a complete rip off. My favorite movies from him are The Abyss, Aliens and Terminator 2. Terminator, True Lies, I love them, but not to the same degree as my first 3 picks. Titanic. I hate that movie. Too overrated.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY