5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4

5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4

Monday, October 20th, 2008 5:07pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 12,502

IDW Publishing's Editor in Chief Chris Ryall has updated his blog RyallTime with a 5 page preview of All Hail Megatron #4, which will be released this week on Wednesday the 22nd of October 2008.

All Hail Megatron #4 is written by Shane McCarthy with Guido Guidi on Cover and art duties. Trevor Hutchison will provide the alternate cover. Issue #4 sees a return to Cybertron, where we were previously given a glimpse to the plight of the Autobots.

You can check out the 5 page preview by clicking here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (817995)
Posted by JaAm on October 20th, 2008 @ 5:56pm CDT
So, who's the alleged sellout?
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818038)
Posted by Mechabreaker on October 20th, 2008 @ 6:19pm CDT
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818058)
Posted by MYoung23 on October 20th, 2008 @ 6:39pm CDT
It looks like the entire Autobot command structure has broken down. Kup has a lot on his hands.

It looks like the traitor in still amongst their ranks and bots have a suspicion on who it is. I wonder will the Furmanverse will shock us all and make a beloved character go someplace they cannot return from.

One reason I am not giving up on AHM is that it is shaping up not to be about the Decepticons taking Earth but actually winning the war.

That begs the questions what Autobot is high enough in rank or in key enough position to complete lose the war for the Autobots?
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818069)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 20th, 2008 @ 6:46pm CDT
Mechabreaker wrote:Maybe they are talking about Doubledealer? But I recall that he died at the end of his spotlight, I don't know, maybe they are referring to Drift, because I don't think they would go so far as to make Blurr (who is supposed to appear in AHM # 5 along with Drift) the sellout.

DoubleDealer died in Spotlight: DoubleDealer, so he is out.
Whoever the traitor is only sold out in the year or so between the end of Devastation and the start of AHM.

What surprises me is how after millennia of war how a single Autobot Traitor managed to turn the tide so far over to the Decepticons that in the space of one stellar cycle the Autobots have been decimated to the brink of extinction.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818097)
Posted by MaP_Prime on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:05pm CDT
Interesting. AHM seems to get more and more interesting with each issue, makes me really wonder where it is going and where it will end. And where there still be a story to tell after it is over?

Though at the same time I am sort of disappointed with this development. I was enjoying the idea of the Autobot-Decepticon War being more like a war we know it, where units fight each other for strategic positions, resources, ect. Now it seems more like how the G1 cartoon began, with the 'Con's in the strong position and the Autobots more of a reduced guerrilla force.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818147)
Posted by Wolfguard on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:34pm CDT
So, who's the alleged sellout?

Anybody seen Mirage lately? Just askin'...

:BOT:
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818163)
Posted by Mechabreaker on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:40pm CDT
Wolfguard wrote:
So, who's the alleged sellout?

Anybody seen Mirage lately? Just askin'...

:BOT:

End of AHM #1 He was there, Mirage is a possible, but he is a fan favorite, the outcry would be on a massive scale.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818170)
Posted by JaAm on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:43pm CDT
Mechabreaker wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:
So, who's the alleged sellout?

Anybody seen Mirage lately? Just askin'...

:BOT:

But what about his spotlight? Anybody read that? (my retialer didn't get it.)
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818179)
Posted by Mechabreaker on October 20th, 2008 @ 7:56pm CDT
I read his spotlight, it was good, but I don't think it's in continuity with AHM. I think it was more of a standalone issue, like a "what if?" story deal, but the last line of dialog was a bit ambiguous, for all I know, McCarthy might M. Night Shyamalan our asses and the story could twist in a direction we didn't see coming. I don't know, but I was hooked on this story ever since the 8 page preview of AHM in "Focus on Decepticons." So I will keep reading because I want to know what will happen next.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818350)
Posted by ponycorn on October 21st, 2008 @ 12:29am CDT
Fangirls with heart conditions be advised... or skip pages 1,2 and 3. :P

*still giggling about Skywarp's expression with Shrapnel's beetle horn in his face!*
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818378)
Posted by MYoung23 on October 21st, 2008 @ 1:45am CDT
What if it's Ultra Magnus? Hot Rod seemingly turned the Magnificence over to him. He is high enough among the Autobot ranks to do a lot of damage and we have seen how powerful a McGuffin the Magnificence is. If he isnt dead why isnt he on Cybertron?

Im just throwing it out there.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818460)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 21st, 2008 @ 5:36am CDT
Prowl is talking about traitor with Ironhide... maybe the traitor was Ratchet? Image
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818659)
Posted by Skice on October 21st, 2008 @ 11:29am CDT
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818698)
Posted by Overloaded on October 21st, 2008 @ 12:22pm CDT
Autobot420 wrote:look at the autobot cover of all hail #4, and on the page before Ironhide and Prowl's argument. Both of those look like foreshadowing to me, so I'm thinking it's Jazz.

I am thinking the same thing but Jazz is too cool to sell out the bots
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818860)
Posted by Pyrostrata on October 21st, 2008 @ 3:17pm CDT
ponycorn wrote:Fangirls with heart conditions be advised... or skip pages 1,2 and 3. :P

*still all kindsa giddy with Decepticon pride*

I MUST have this issue and SOON! damnit, SOOOOON!
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (818999)
Posted by ponycorn on October 21st, 2008 @ 5:25pm CDT
I was so happy to see the boss, in front of the whole earth group, stand up there and tell them that he is proud of them. Especially for poor Blitzwing... I felt he was treated a bit harshly by Megatron in devastation.
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (819046)
Posted by Pyrostrata on October 21st, 2008 @ 6:25pm CDT
ponycorn wrote:Especially for poor Blitzwing... I felt he was treated a bit harshly by Megatron in devastation.

Well...Blitzy DID lie to Megatron about Astrotrain's whereabouts while he was rousing Starscream from his Megatron-induced nappy-pooh!

Crossing The Boss is serious no-no, ya know! ;)

*Counting the hours til the comic store opens to get my Megatron fix!*
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (820726)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on October 23rd, 2008 @ 10:44pm CDT

And the Autobot traitor intrigues me....I really do wonder who it is....maybe this takes place before Spotlight Doubledealer...but it seems as though the Decepticons would've defeated the Autobots w/the use of Ore-13...something that would've taken place after the Revelation Arc.....hmmm.....the consistency worries me...
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (820792)
Posted by Overloaded on October 24th, 2008 @ 2:39am CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:Megatron's speech sounded very Star Wars-y to me for some odd reason....talking about Galactic Domination and all.....

It could be beachcomer as Soundwave had controll of him
Re: 5 page preview for All Hail Megatron #4 (821375)
Posted by ponycorn on October 24th, 2008 @ 7:48pm CDT
Overloaded wrote:

It could be beachcomer as Soundwave had controll of him

Very good point...Does Ironhide like that hippy in the first place? I can't remember their interactions IDW or elsewhere but I can't imagine their personalities meshing. That plus the stuff that went down in Spotlight Blaster...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY