5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr

5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr

Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 3:36pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 14,836

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall has updated his blog RyallTime with a 5 page preview of Spotlight: Blurr, to be released today, the 5th of November 2008.

Spotlight: Blurr is set in the Golden Age of Cybertron, prior to the Great War breaking out, with Blurr being an elite Cybertronian Athlete.

Written by Shane McCarthy (All Hail Megatron), Spotlight: Blurr debuts Casey Coller on internal art duties.

To check out the full 5 page preview, please click here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828879)
Posted by Savage on November 5th, 2008 @ 3:47pm CST
Looks great!
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828892)
Posted by MYoung23 on November 5th, 2008 @ 3:58pm CST
Hmm, so Cybertron not just had celebrities but exclusive clubs for elites to party in.

So if that is the case where are the female robot groupies?

"On this planet you gotta make the Energon first. Then when you get the Energon, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828895)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on November 5th, 2008 @ 3:58pm CST
Holy crap, Blurr is a jock.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828898)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 5th, 2008 @ 4:05pm CST
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Holy crap, Blurr is a jock.


And no sign of his speech impediment...
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828936)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on November 5th, 2008 @ 4:47pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:Holy crap, Blurr is a jock.


And no sign of his speech impediment...

Which is a nice change of pace for the character. It's one thing to listen to him talk fast, but something else to have to read his dialogue all run together like he's talking fast. That could get annoying real quick.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (828948)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 5th, 2008 @ 5:00pm CST
just picked this up and read it....eh, hes an asshole which i figured would be how he was betrayed. not a bad spotlight, i guess i just didnt like how "young" optimus looked
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829049)
Posted by ponycorn on November 5th, 2008 @ 8:46pm CST
What's up with TF:A Sentinel Prime Jr.? :roll:

Hope the story ends with him and a big helping of humble pie.

*can't wait to pick this one up though*
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829072)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 5th, 2008 @ 9:38pm CST
Now I'm not sure how many people have read this yet, but here's my take on the ending.

Blurr is the traitor.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829090)
Posted by steve2275 on November 5th, 2008 @ 11:03pm CST
where the pics at?
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829095)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 5th, 2008 @ 11:22pm CST
steve2275 wrote:where the pics at?


You need up to have up to date Flash player software on your machine.
It's downside of these flash based preview links.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829653)
Posted by Mechabreaker on November 6th, 2008 @ 7:23pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:Now I'm not sure how many people have read this yet, but here's my take on the ending.

Blurr is the traitor.


Ehhhhh, it's possible, but I have a funny feeling about Mirage still. (that is, if his Spotlight will be somehow written into AHM continuity) But I will wait and see about Drift, I have a feeling that he will be the traitor.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (829699)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 6th, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
Mechabreaker wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Now I'm not sure how many people have read this yet, but here's my take on the ending.

Blurr is the traitor.


Ehhhhh, it's possible, but I have a funny feeling about Mirage still. (that is, if his Spotlight will be somehow written into AHM continuity) But I will wait and see about Drift, I have a feeling that he will be the traitor.


I thought that too, but IDW already confirmed that Drift won't be a double agent or a "Hi & Bye" character like Piston or Fastrack.

The reason I think it's Blurr is because he's so gung-ho to do the "right thing" but you don't really see what happens once he reaches Zeta Prime. Sure he goes all Ric Flair on Skywarp, but at that time Skywarp was a no body so it wasn't a big deal.

The way I figure it he is offered a choice of servitude or "freedom" to do what he loves by Megatron or someone of the like. Then he offs Zeta, reports back to Optimus saying he was dead when he got there. But hey, that's just my theory. :-B
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830051)
Posted by Blurrz on November 7th, 2008 @ 11:04am CST
Great freaking spotlight. Get it!
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830056)
Posted by Meister cries inside on November 7th, 2008 @ 11:23am CST
Down_Shift wrote:
Mechabreaker wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Now I'm not sure how many people have read this yet, but here's my take on the ending.

Blurr is the traitor.


Ehhhhh, it's possible, but I have a funny feeling about Mirage still. (that is, if his Spotlight will be somehow written into AHM continuity) But I will wait and see about Drift, I have a feeling that he will be the traitor.


I thought that too, but IDW already confirmed that Drift won't be a double agent or a "Hi & Bye" character like Piston or Fastrack.

The reason I think it's Blurr is because he's so gung-ho to do the "right thing" but you don't really see what happens once he reaches Zeta Prime. Sure he goes all Ric Flair on Skywarp, but at that time Skywarp was a no body so it wasn't a big deal.

The way I figure it he is offered a choice of servitude or "freedom" to do what he loves by Megatron or someone of the like. Then he offs Zeta, reports back to Optimus saying he was dead when he got there. But hey, that's just my theory. :-B


I agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a solid take on how Blurr got his speech impediment, assuming we are to believe that Blurr speaking normal in this spotlight preview wasn't stylistic to ease the reading and was really him speaking at a normal rate.

I havent read all of the current IDW verse though so maybe this was all dealt with already.

As to Mirage's spotlight being in continuity...it seems to easy. The story itself is obviously in continuity but the question itself is was the story literal or a dream type mechanism to embody Mirage's conflicted and wish washy nature.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830128)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on November 7th, 2008 @ 1:57pm CST
Anyone notice Prime's little cockpit thing on his back.

Reminiscent of Optimal Optimus and perhaps a nod as to how he got that weird flying mode with cockpit.

Just my take on it, spotlight as a whole, given this came from the man who has penned AHM, nothing overwhelming, but a nice read all the same. On a par with spotlight Blaster and Wheelie for being a nice read but nothing too taxing
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830435)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 8th, 2008 @ 12:07am CST
Blurrz wrote:Great freaking spotlight. Get it!



VERY biased review. :P
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830437)
Posted by Blurrz on November 8th, 2008 @ 12:16am CST
Down_Shift wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Great freaking spotlight. Get it!



VERY biased review. :P


LOL. Hey, all i know is that showcasing my opinion is something I know that really matters. :P
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830459)
Posted by MYoung23 on November 8th, 2008 @ 2:31am CST
I only have 2 minor nonspoilery quibbles with this issue.

1. The story takes place after Megatron Origins but before the war breaks out full scale. We saw in Megatron Origins that what is now the Autobot "badge" was the symbol of the Cybertron security forces. However, when Blurr sees it he reacts like he doesnt know what it is.

2. Kup makes an appearance. The problem is that he looks just he does on the cover of AHM #5 which contradicts his spindly "Kranix-like" form of his own Spotlight. In his Spotlight Springer says Kup may not be repairable because of his refusal to upgrade over the years but even in this issue his form looks much more advanced than the Spotlight Kup form.
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830725)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 8th, 2008 @ 2:38pm CST
MYoung23 wrote:I only have 2 minor nonspoilery quibbles with this issue.

1. The story takes place after Megatron Origins but before the war breaks out full scale. We saw in Megatron Origins that what is now the Autobot "badge" was the symbol of the Cybertron security forces. However, when Blurr sees it he reacts like he doesnt know what it is.


Blurr was also unaware of any war or political movement taking place. He lived in a bubble of his own making, so not recognising the Autobot or Decepticon badges makes sense.

MYoung23 wrote:2. Kup makes an appearance. The problem is that he looks just he does on the cover of AHM #5 which contradicts his spindly "Kranix-like" form of his own Spotlight. In his Spotlight Springer says Kup may not be repairable because of his refusal to upgrade over the years but even in this issue his form looks much more advanced than the Spotlight Kup form.


I'm chalking this one up to the different art teams more than McCarthy continuing to try his hardest to ignore the quality stuff that was created before that his stories are meant to tie into.

I wonder why Blurr got Spotlighted, usually in the "-tion" series spotlights were utilised to expand on a character's persona to make it easier to understand them in the main book, or to reveal a piece of backstory that had flow on effects to the main book. What part does Blurr have to play now? Would this make him far too obvious to be the traitor of AHM?
Re: 5 Page Preview for Spotlight: Blurr (830863)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2008 @ 7:17pm CST
Or IDW got crummy editorial coninuity controls.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Used Commander Class-Series 2" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Transformers Optimus Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY